The Temple Bar - When the Clock Strikes No Pants O'Clock, We Go Powerjuice ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
76, Bar.

I missed the moderator portion of the Liechtenstein drama. Probably for the best.

I was mostly incoherent while doing it because of the late hour, but I did have a few good ones looking back. I had a comment where I said, "Whalers get up for work at 4 AM" when someone noted the time in Liechtenstein. I also said, "They need gas money for the long commute" when someone noted it was a landlocked country. And the Gypsy Biker and All Star snippetry.

It was actually quite well done for something that was that intentionally unrealistic.

I think it's been interesting...seeing the reactions, then the fallout, etc. I've posted before: I understand the negative reaction by some, and I understand the humor behind it as well. I just think the defense of it has been a tad vehement. It's no surprise that this set some people off, and watching the attacked go right back at their attackers made me laugh. However, listening to people whine about the mods not stepping in was equally laughable. I hope this dies out in a day and everyone moves on. :shrug:

No spoken words said:
I think it's been interesting...seeing the reactions, then the fallout, etc. I've posted before: I understand the negative reaction by some, and I understand the humor behind it as well. I just think the defense of it has been a tad vehement. It's no surprise that this set some people off, and watching the attacked go right back at their attackers made me laugh. However, listening to people whine about the mods not stepping in was equally laughable. I hope this dies out in a day and everyone moves on. :shrug:

Amen brother :up:

There's 5,246,347 condos going up in my neighborhood these days. I suppose I could borrow one of those to store my stuff.

Diemen, I'm just a quick study. :wink:

No spoken words said:

Most of this has probably been discussed ad nauseum today, which I missed, so I'm just sort of reviewing everything now.

I agree, I hope this is the end of it, after today.

Station to Station (snippet) / Bad / Let It Be (snippet) / Come Together (snippet) /Help! (snippet) / Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (snippet) / Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite! (snippet) / Young Americans (snippet) / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (snippet) / The First Time (snippet) / Revolution 9 (snippet) / Drunk Chicken/America (snippet) / Norwegian Wood (snippet) /( Don't Fear) The Reaper (snippet) / John, I'm Only Dancing (snippet) / Gypsy Biker (snippet) / Candle in the Wind (snippet) / All Star (snippet) / Yellow Submarine (snippet) / "40" (snippet)

^ Break that down for me.

phillyfan26 said:

Most of this has probably been discussed ad nauseum today, which I missed, so I'm just sort of reviewing everything now.

I agree, I hope this is the end of it, after today.

Some of the Aussie people, in my opinion, were being a little bit dick-ish about it all and continue to do so. Saying things like "We never thought this would bother anyone" is a lie.

UberBeaver said:
Station to Station (snippet) / Bad / Let It Be (snippet) / Come Together (snippet) /Help! (snippet) / Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (snippet) / Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite! (snippet) / Young Americans (snippet) / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (snippet) / The First Time (snippet) / Revolution 9 (snippet) / Drunk Chicken/America (snippet) / Norwegian Wood (snippet) /( Don't Fear) The Reaper (snippet) / John, I'm Only Dancing (snippet) / Gypsy Biker (snippet) / Candle in the Wind (snippet) / All Star (snippet) / Yellow Submarine (snippet) / "40" (snippet)

^ Break that down for me.

The train portion of David Bowie's Station to Station plays, with Bono thanking everyone in Liechenstein over it. They begin playing Bad after this transition. After the end of the normal Bad, as Edge plays the long outro solo, Bono sings the lyrics of some famous songs (mostly Beatles) and, in a few cases, just shouts out song title names (see Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and Revolution 9). The solo goes on for about 20 minutes.

No spoken words said:
Saying things like "We never thought this would bother anyone" is a lie.

That's what's been rubbing me the wrong way about the whole situation. Well, that and how completely blown out of proportion the whole thing became.

Back
Top Bottom