The Temple Bar: We've got your craic right here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sicy said:
You dont want to wait until your 6 years are up on H-1!

Yeah I realize that :yikes: but I may have to change my job before I apply for the green card... cos I don't want to be stuck in this shitty job during the application process, which probably takes what.. 3 years?? :angry:

btw, I need to find out more about this PERM thing. Isn't it something new? :hmm:

so do you work as an immigrations officer? :ohmy:

Zootlesque said:

Yeah I realize that :yikes: but I may have to change my job before I apply for the green card... cos I don't want to be stuck in this shitty job during the application process, which probably takes what.. 3 years?? :angry:

Well if you can file PERM, that will give proof that you have an LC on file, then you can extend your H-1 passed the six years, once a year for a year at a time. Alltogether right now its probably taking yes somewhere close to 3 - 4 years. But yeah, you want to be at a job you like because once you transfer to a new job you have to start the process over.

Zootlesque said:
btw, I need to find out more about this PERM thing. Isn't it something new? :hmm:

so do you work as an immigrations officer? :ohmy:

Yes its pretty new. We've only filed a few cases so far but they've all been approved. Here is some basic info http://www.twmlaw.com/resources/perm_memo.html

I'm not an immigration officer :lol: I'm a legal assistant for an immigration lawyer. I prepare and file H-1B visas all day long, working for/with the software companies/employees.

LC is what... labor condition? LCA?

But you have to reapply only if you change jobs before your GC comes thru, right?

What if I bite my teeth at this job and wait till I get my GC. Then I can change to wherever I want I guess.

LC - Labor Certificate (1st step of GC process)

I-140 (second stage)

I-485 (last stage)

If you stick it out at one job and get your GC you can then go work wherever you want.

Sicy said:

I'm not an immigration officer :lol: I'm a legal assistant for an immigration lawyer. I prepare and file H-1B visas all day long, working for/with the software companies/employees.

I see. :wink:

Wow, you must know all about this visa situation/mess, then! :lol:

Zootlesque said:
I see. :wink:

Wow, you must know all about this visa situation/mess, then! :lol:

Ohhhhhhhh ya. We just had a client that quit and moved back to Taiwan or some crap, after waiting like 5+ years for his GC. Well, not more than a month after he left, guess what came in the mail? :|

Well, I hope this process isn't as nerve wracking for me! :shifty: :|

But I'm hearing good things about how the speed of processing is getting faster and that the govt is doing a pretty good job at clearing up its backlog!

Hope thats true! :love:

Lesser wait times! :love:

Well good luck with whatever you do, and you can always ask me questions whenever you want :wink:

No-one is here. I guess I will drink alone.:(

Hey! I am good ta! How are you?

I have a question - I can't get that torrent site you posted in the chili peppers thread to let me register. Is that normal?:(

i'm good, getting ready to go out biking :dancing:

that torrent site has a member limit, so it's full most of the time. but they delete inactive accounts all the time.

i'll also look and see if it's on any other torrent sites :up:

:wave: hey YBOR, grab a seat & a drink :wink:

Hey YBOR - not at all.

I am just in the process of emailing everyone I know in England to see if someone will come and see the Chili Peppers with me this summer!

Cheers tre:up:

I also see you are taking the fitness thing very seriously! i am impressed.

Tre :bow: and :kiss: and :bow: again!

Happy biking and see you later!:wave:

See Ya TRE:wave:

Tills - I Love the Chilli Peppers. Your so lucky to get to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom