The Temple Bar: We've got staffs alright...UP YOUR FUCKING ASS!!! - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2007, 12:35 PM   #76
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:04 PM
Beav...VP that's a killer song...which all we got from this Canadian group...

Thanks to everyone who wished me well...

Old 05-09-2007, 12:36 PM   #77
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:04 AM
i really dont want to study.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:37 PM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by the rockin edge
i really dont want to study.
But you have to if you want to grow up....
Old 05-09-2007, 12:38 PM   #79
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:04 AM
lies
Old 05-09-2007, 12:42 PM   #80
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ThoraSEB

Yeah, I'm still watching. Last night was really good. I won't give anything away if you don't want me to. I cried just a little bit at one part, but I'm sure next week will be really hard. I'm so sad it's been cancelled.
I am devastated to an embarrassing degree. Their lives have paralleled ours in so many ways over the years, that I probably over-identify with them, and it feels like a personal rejection to me. I started crying in the first minute, and had to stop watching. Not just a few tears, I'm talking full-blown bawling my eyes out. I dvr'd it, and will watch some other time. I basically know what happened though - Sarah still watched it while I was on the computer with headphones on, and I kept glancing up every once in a while.

I feel cheated, like we're never going to get the full story. I was really hoping they'd at least do the shortened 13 episode season next year, to bring it to a satisfactory conclusion.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:52 PM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by the rockin edge
lies
Yeah, pretty much...but you must suffer as well...
Old 05-09-2007, 12:53 PM   #82
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk

I am devastated to an embarrassing degree. Their lives have paralleled ours in so many ways over the years, that I probably over-identify with them, and it feels like a personal rejection to me. I started crying in the first minute, and had to stop watching. Not just a few tears, I'm talking full-blown bawling my eyes out. I dvr'd it, and will watch some other time. I basically know what happened though - Sarah still watched it while I was on the computer with headphones on, and I kept glancing up every once in a while.

I feel cheated, like we're never going to get the full story. I was really hoping they'd at least do the shortened 13 episode season next year, to bring it to a satisfactory conclusion.
Aww! I identified a lot with them too, but not to the extent that you have, I'm sure. Next week I'm guaranteed to be a wreck. It is a bit embarassing how wrapped up in a TV show I get, but that's just the way I get.

I don't know how I feel about not getting a shortened season. It would have been nice if Amy & Dan could have come back to write the last episode, or at least take care of the 8th season. I really wanted it to end the way she had envisioned. I remember hearing several years ago that she had 4 words that she wanted to close the series out with. I really wanted to know what those words would be, and I guess we won't ever know, which makes me very sad.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:54 PM   #83
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie Thee Dog
Beav...VP that's a killer song...which all we got from this Canadian group...
I can't remember what I did 5 minutes ago, but I can remember the lyrics of a one-hit wonder from 20-odd years ago.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:56 PM   #84
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I can't remember what I did 5 minutes ago, but I can remember the lyrics of a one-hit wonder from 20-odd years ago.
This is why I you....

Well that and your ample....uh, coat rack...
Old 05-09-2007, 12:57 PM   #85
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by ThoraSEB

Aww! I identified a lot with them too, but not to the extent that you have, I'm sure. Next week I'm guaranteed to be a wreck. It is a bit embarassing how wrapped up in a TV show I get, but that's just the way I get.

I don't know how I feel about not getting a shortened season. It would have been nice if Amy & Dan could have come back to write the last episode, or at least take care of the 8th season. I really wanted it to end the way she had envisioned. I remember hearing several years ago that she had 4 words that she wanted to close the series out with. I really wanted to know what those words would be, and I guess we won't ever know, which makes me very sad.
I think what upsets me most is that unlike most people, I didn't mind the direction the show went in last season and this season (although sad, mopey Lorelai did get to be a bit too much at times)...it was a stage she had to get through. But the reason I didn't mind it is because I'd always assumed that they would have time to get her through that, and then resolve things satisfactorily. Fuckers.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:59 PM   #86
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie Thee Dog

This is why I you....

Well that and your ample....uh, coat rack...

I think that random music facts take up a frighteningly large portion of my brain. Were I not a music fan, I could be a genius.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:02 PM   #87
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I think what upsets me most is that unlike most people, I didn't mind the direction the show went in last season and this season (although sad, mopey Lorelai did get to be a bit too much at times)...it was a stage she had to get through. But the reason I didn't mind it is because I'd always assumed that they would have time to get her through that, and then resolve things satisfactorily. Fuckers.
That's a good point - it is going to seem rushed. With another season, they would have had more time to wrap up all the storylines satisfactorily and give the show the closure it deserves. I saw Lauren on Ellen's show yesterday, and she said she was happy with the finale. I really hope it ends well.

Okay - I just read that love thread in ZC that several of you have mentioned in the last little while. Wow.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:04 PM   #88
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I think that random music facts take up a frighteningly large portion of my brain. Were I not a music fan, I could be a genius.
My dear you are a genius in my book...OK, I'm tired...
Old 05-09-2007, 01:08 PM   #89
Blue Crack Distributor

Thora, that thread's crazy. I'm wondering if he's gay. But again, just goes to show you that nothing works like good ol' communication.

Reg -
Old 05-09-2007, 01:12 PM   #90
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Thora, that thread's crazy. I'm wondering if he's gay. But again, just goes to show you that nothing works like good ol' communication.

Reg -
I was thinking about that too. The thread seemed to get crazier and crazier. I just don't understand why she can't come out and say it. It's hard to do (and it's not like she's a teenager, although she seems to be acting like it), but it saves so much agony by just getting it out there. At least then you have an answer either way, which is much better than all the uncertainty and frustration of not knowing. Gah.