The Temple Bar: We've Got Margaritas & Topless Fly Fishing... UP YOUR FUCKING ASS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:

I dunno, man. That's pretty friggin intense for me. I can't move my fingers like that. I can set it up, but I have to take my time. No way I could go from another chord into that one without calling a "Time Out" and you know what? There are no Time Outs in rock and fucking roll.

you play guitar Beav?

Postulate is a verb and a noun. The verb is to ask or make a claim. The noun is a math term, for something that requires no proof. I used to say "book" all the time, hence me applauding its usage.

Hello Snow.

ETA - Snow, last night and today were both good, thanks for asking. Hope you enjoyed fishing, alcohol or not.

No spoken words said:
Postulate is a verb and a noun. The verb is to ask or make a claim. The noun is a math term, for something that requires no proof. I used to say "book" all the time, hence me applauding its usage.

Hello Snow.

I missed this. Don't move again anytime soon.

the rockin edge said:

then you dont deserve to play that chord.:tsk:

I accepted this last night. Actually, I accepted that years ago. But since I'm Rock and Roll to the fucking Core, I kept playing badly just to piss off the elitist fucks that play "pentatonic scales" and know what "key" they're playing in. And you know why I win? CAUSE MY AMP GOES TO ELEVEN AND I DON'T GIVE A FUCK! \m/:mad:\m/

snowbunny00774 said:

you play guitar Beav?

Ummm sorta kinda? Though Tre may tell you otherwise.

You know, I admit that my journal is a tad too serious/revealing, I freely cop to it, no doubt about it. But, I have to say, some of the journals out there, wow. They're just like literary train wrecks. I do not want to read them but I simply cannot take my eyes off of them. Train fucking wrecks.

UberBeaver said:

I accepted this last night. Actually, I accepted that years ago. But since I'm Rock and Roll to the fucking Core, I kept playing badly just to piss off the elitist fucks that play "pentatonic scales" and know what "key" they're playing in. And you know why I win? CAUSE MY AMP GOES TO ELEVEN AND I DON'T GIVE A FUCK! \m/:mad:\m/

you know what beav, my new amp goes to 12.:rockon:

No spoken words said:

Scolded by a British kid living in Iowa. Nice work, Beav.

what are you trying to say nsw? :eyebrow:

No spoken words said:
You know, I admit that my journal is a tad too serious/revealing, I freely cop to it, no doubt about it. But, I have to say, some of the journals out there, wow. They're just like literary train wrecks. I do not want to read them but I simply cannot take my eyes off of them. Train fucking wrecks.

I have never used this smiley before, but never before has the time been so appropriate: :yes:

No spoken words said:

:love:

lol sigh,

some of them I'd love to use :| but I won't :angel:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I don't know anymore. How about we just go with 'neanderthal' - no good and rotten aren't words I can use to describe him. I just can't. :damnit:

Did you bring the flask? :drunk:

ugh, for fucks sake. I don't fing get it. :headinhands:

the rockin edge said:

you know what beav, my new amp goes to 12.:rockon:

Yeah, but you probably set it to 8, and then the treble is around 6, mid range around 7, bass/low around 8, so you get the right "tone" and shit. Probably got your distortion all neat, maybe a slight crunch like Oasis. I push everything far left and ROCK THE FUCK OUT! I haven't even tuned up since 1994!

UberBeaver said:

Yeah, but you probably set it to 8, and then the treble is around 6, mid range around 7, bass/low around 8, so you get the right "tone" and shit. Probably got your distortion all neat, maybe a slight crunch like Oasis. I push everything far left and ROCK THE FUCK OUT! I haven't even tuned up since 1994!

:drool:

snowbunny00774 said:
Hey -I need to know, what's up next weekend? :tryingnotto maketoomanyplanslikeusual:

We're going to have to wait til July - mom's got me locked in for next weekend. :slant:

Don't get me wrong, it'll be great (as long as we don't have to do another estrogenfest like the one today - she bought a silocone "bra" that are just two cups you slap over your boobs, it was way too many women in one place for moi :yikes: ) but was lookig forward to pre-sluttiness :(

UberBeaver said:

i had my volume at 12 this afternoon. putting the treble, middle and bass all to 12 would sound shitty. i can't sound like oasis, i have a strat.

shows what you know beav :tsk:

the rockin edge said:

i had my volume at 12 this afternoon. putting the treble, middle and bass all to 12 would sound shitty. i can't sound like oasis, i have a strat.

shows what you know beav :tsk:

^ Elitist. It's supposed to sound shitty, man. That's what it's all about.

What I would do at a gig is be like, "Dude, they stole my shit from the van, mind if I borrowed your gear for the set?" And you'd be all, "In the spirit of rock and roll, of course, sir! Break a leg." And then I'd finish my set, smash your amp and guitar, and yell, "DOWN WITH ELITICISM! METAL UP YOUR FUCKING ASS!"

Yeah, the replacements were awesome. The dude from Murphy's Law totally bitched out the owners of the club on stage, then demanded a bottle of Jager, and he got it. That = Rock and Roll.

UberBeaver said:

^ Elitist. It's supposed to sound shitty, man. That's what it's all about.

What I would do at a gig is be like, "Dude, they stole my shit from the van, mind if I borrowed your gear for the set?" And you'd be all, "In the spirit of rock and roll, of course, sir! Break a leg." And then I'd finish my set, smash your amp and guitar, and yell, "DOWN WITH ELITICISM! METAL UP YOUR FUCKING ASS!"

Yeah, the replacements were awesome. The dude from Murphy's Law totally bitched out the owners of the club on stage, then demanded a bottle of Jager, and he got it. That = Rock and Roll.

:tsk: there's no art in that, music is art man. ART UP YOUR FUCKING ASS!!!!

No spoken words said:
Did anyone see Spiderman yet? Did it suck? I'd like to know.

Holy shit, been there once before, but, Wrigly Field is awesome.

I've heard a little bit of everything in regards to Spidey III, some like it, some don't. I really like the first 2, so I'd like to see 3, but probably on DVD.

And Wrigley has an "e" in it. Come on.

Back
Top Bottom