The Temple Bar: We've Got Margaritas & Topless Fly Fishing... UP YOUR FUCKING ASS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:
Yeah, that is a good word. It's like one of those words that doesn't seem to belong in the English language, like it's foreign and somewhat ancient, like it hasn't changed in a thousand years.

You hit the nail right on the head. It just feels ancient. I don't say it out loud too often, for fear that an actual banshee will lay supernatural smack down on my ass.

the rockin edge said:

that's actually not too bad of a chord.:tsk:

I dunno, man. That's pretty friggin intense for me. I can't move my fingers like that. I can set it up, but I have to take my time. No way I could go from another chord into that one without calling a "Time Out" and you know what? There are no Time Outs in rock and fucking roll.

UberBeaver said:

I dunno, man. That's pretty friggin intense for me. I can't move my fingers like that. I can set it up, but I have to take my time. No way I could go from another chord into that one without calling a "Time Out" and you know what? There are no Time Outs in rock and fucking roll.

practice more.

No spoken words said:

You hit the nail right on the head. It just feels ancient. I don't say it out loud too often, for fear that an actual banshee will lay supernatural smack down on my ass.

I used to hang out at the people's house across the street and every night in the summer I was convinced that the fog coming off the canals was banshees and I used to book the fuck home so they wouldn't catch me. :yikes: The mother was Scottish and she used to tell us stories of banshees and how they'd scream and shit. I think it was to keep us quiet, but whatever, it fucked me up. Like the Exorcist.

I like the use of the term "book" for running, nice. Also, if some Scottish lady told me scary stories while the fucking fog rolled in, I'd book the fuck home, too.

UberBeaver said:

I used to hang out at the people's house across the street and every night in the summer I was convinced that the fog coming off the canals was banshees and I used to book the fuck home so they wouldn't catch me. :yikes: The mother was Scottish and she used to tell us stories of banshees and how they'd scream and shit. I think it was to keep us quiet, but whatever, it fucked me up. Like the Exorcist.

That would freak me out too. :yikes:

You never used "book" for run? I thought that was pretty common.

How can you not fear banshees? Unless....you're one of them! OH NOES!

Yeah, cause Joe aka :tongue:, tongues chicks that are half sisters of 20 year olds. Like this :tongue:.

Postulate, doesn't that mean to question? Or pose a question? Or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom