The Temple Bar - We're watching the Olympics (Go Canada!!) ;) - UYMFA!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, is that the one that takes place in Africa?

I picked it up about 5 yrs ago but put it down after the first 50 pages. Maybe I should try it again :hmm:

Same. I should attempt to read it again too.

I've been a bit MIA in the last day, due to more health shit in my family. My uncle has been having major chest pains/heart problems. He ended up in the hospital yesterday, and my parents still haven't called me to let me know what's up beyond the initial call to say he'd gone to the ER. It's SO frustrating living here, as I'm 2 hours away from them and my aunt who has cancer, and 2 hours away from my US family (where this uncle is). :sigh: It's just so difficult when there are family health crises. I feel so disconnected from what's going on. Anyway, that's what's up with me.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Thanks you two! :hug:

I'm feeling a lot better today, even though I still haven't heard anything. I'm taking the radio silence from the parentals to mean that things are okay. They would have called me by now if things were not good. They're never very easy to reach via phone, so earlier this AM I sent an email asking them to please call me at work. Hopefully they'll call. I need to know what's going on, even if the news is that he's fine.

Julie, Sharon - definitely give that book another read. It's worth it once you get into it and get to know the characters. It just builds from there.

Also, YAY, short week! :yippie: 3 days of work and then I'm off to Toronto!

I'm feeling a lot better today, even though I still haven't heard anything. I'm taking the radio silence from the parentals to mean that things are okay. They would have called me by now if things were not good. They're never very easy to reach via phone, so earlier this AM I sent an email asking them to please call me at work. Hopefully they'll call. I need to know what's going on, even if the news is that he's fine.

I hope you get good news soon, hun :hug:

Oh now you come out to play, just when I have to get back to work :grumpy:

Anytime, lady :hug: :hug: :hug: It's the least I can do.

Aww. :lol: Sorry - I'm totally distracted by Olympics stuff. It's SO hard to work when I can hear the live TV from the lunchroom with all the cowbells and screaming going off on the TV. :lol:

Hope you have a good rest of your afternoon! :hug:

Julie, Drea - did you hear from Elevation about reserved tickets? I emailed them last week, but it was bounced back to me :shrug:

Aww. :lol: Sorry - I'm totally distracted by Olympics stuff. It's SO hard to work when I can hear the live TV from the lunchroom with all the cowbells and screaming going off on the TV. :lol:

Hope you have a good rest of your afternoon! :hug:
Haha, no doubt. And I did have a good one, thanks :hug:

Julie, Drea - did you hear from Elevation about reserved tickets? I emailed them last week, but it was bounced back to me :shrug:

One of the members is a Facebook friend so I just shot him off an email, want me to ask for you as well?

They're now advertising 'tickets at the door' so I hope it's not too late to reserve...

Did you email contact@u2tributeband.com? If not, try that addy :) (It's sad that I could do that from memory :lol: I may have emailed a few requests over the years... ;))

ETA: I forgot to answer your question :lol: Emailed on the 11th, heard back on the 13th :)

Morning!

Kristen :hug: Hope the stress goes away.

This time tomorrow I'll be on a plane home! :happydance:

Meh. It's some sporting thingamajig. I think I'll probably nap while it's going on. I haven't been sleeping well lately, and could use the sleep. :yawn: Bo-ring!!

Back
Top Bottom