The Temple Bar: We'll give you christmas spirit...UYMFA!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll nominate that post for Backhanded Compliment of the Week ... and I'll accept the post as a compliment. Thanks. Means a lot.

UberBeaver said:
What book?

It's called I, California by some former child actress who went on to be in Playboy, had some kind of involvement with The Daily Show(I think) and also had a recurring character on Arrested Development. I don't recognize her, though, so I'd have to look online to see who she played.

Anyway, Stacy Grenrock Woods is the author's name, and it's one of those little snarky memoirs that I love so much. I'm only about two chapters in, but it's pretty funny so far.

Edit: she played some character called Tracy Thoon in 4 episodes, but damned if I can remember who the hell that is. :shrug:

Interesting...her Playboy spread consisted of some test shots in 1989...

Her character on Arrested Development was Trisha Thoon, but to be honest with you, I don't remember that character at all...:scratch:

Enjoy the read Cori...:up:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Interesting...her Playboy spread consisted of some test shots in 1989...

Her character on Arrested Development was Trisha Thoon, but to be honest with you, I don't remember that character at all...:scratch:

Enjoy the read Cori...:up:

Doesn't ring a bell with me either, but I just got Sarah all three seasons on dvd for Christmas, so I'll keep an eye open for her.

I'm assuming she played a TV reporter....here are the episodes she was in:

"Arrested Development" .... Trisha Thoon (4 episodes, 2003-2004)
- Let 'Em Eat Cake (2004) TV episode .... Trisha Thoon
- Public Relations (2004) TV episode (as Stacey Grenrock Woods) .... Trisha Thoon
- Key Decisions (2003) TV episode .... Trisha Thoon
- Pilot (2003) TV episode (as Stacey Grenrock Woods) .... Trisha Thoon

Mine is America and the Jesusband:

PF26 - Singer
John Frusciante - Guitar
Mike Huckabee - Bass
Stevie Wonder - Drums

unico said:
i like it :up:

pfa - i'm much better than huckabee at pretty much anything. so if you ever need a replacement bassist, holla at me dog.

Well, he loves Jesus more than you. He said so. I'll take his word for it.

But yeah, you're the number two.

Fuck this premium member shit.

Someone post a poll for me out in the Lemonade Stand.

SUBJECT: What is your favorite flavor of Starburst

OPTIONS: Red, Yellow, Pink, Orange

Rules: Standard flavors only none of this tropical fruit shit.

For the record, I'm guessing only 2 or 3 people actually like the yellow kind.

Dalton said:
Fuck this premium member shit.

Someone post a poll for me out in the Lemonade Stand.

SUBJECT: What is your favorite flavor of Starburst

OPTIONS: Red, Yellow, Pink, Orange

Rules: Standard flavors only none of this tropical fruit shit.

For the record, I'm guessing only 2 or 3 people actually like the yellow kind.

Done.

I've decided if I end up settling in Canada I want to be Govenor General. There's some minor things I'd have to work around, but yeah, I finally have an aspiration :D

snowbunny00774 said:
I've decided if I end up settling in Canada I want to be Govenor General. There's some minor things I'd have to work around, but yeah, I finally have an aspiration :D

I really like our current one, David Onley. He worked for CityTV for decades, and I was happy to hear he got it, but I miss him being on the station.

ETA = okay, since last night there have been three different HTSs I've seen and then coveted, and when I've ordered all three of them, they've been unavailable/out of stock. Fucking unbelievable. :madwife:

Last edited:
I'm reading a Tina Fey thread on another board, and this comment cracked my shit up. The writer is talking about ways in which she's similar to Liz Lemon:

Also, I've been obsessively erasing my google search history lately, because I'm worried someone will find a weird list of searches similar to "singles yoga" and "scalp pain" when they use my computer

:lol:

Snow, have you ever watched 30 Rock? If not, you should. So much comic goodness, relatable to 30-something, neurotic but adorable single women. :up: Tina/Liz Lemon is my hero :love:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom