The Temple Bar: We'll give you christmas spirit...UYMFA!!!! - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-26-2007, 10:50 PM   #271
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by snowbunny00774



me too, although whenever I use it in conversation no one gets it. I feel bad for it.
I try to only break it out when I know it'll be understood and appreciated.

I actually once handed a note to Gary Bettman that had the word deign on it.
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 12-26-2007, 10:52 PM   #272
ONE
love, blood, life
 
snowbunny00774's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: londonontario
Posts: 12,298
Local Time: 05:42 PM
really? you thought he would understand it? he annoys me. what was the note?
__________________

__________________
snowbunny00774 is offline  
Old 12-26-2007, 11:01 PM   #273
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by snowbunny00774
really? you thought he would understand it? he annoys me. what was the note?
He's a bad commissioner, but he's not a complete moron.

Prior to 9/11, Continental used to have an odd flight from LAX to Newark. It would leave at 5pm and land at 1am. It was usually an empty flight, so I always took it. Anyway, Bettman was on the flight, and in coach, like me. I was seated towards the back, and had a whole aisle to myself. He moved to the aisle adjacent to me, which was also empty. As they were serving meals to the people up front, he put his tray down in anticipation of getting his meal. I then for whatever reason handed him a note that said "Paul Tagliabue would NEVER deign to sit in coach". In case you do not know, Tagliabue is the recently retired commissioner of the NFL, and Bettman worked for him there prior to getting the NHL gig. He laughed and we talked for a bit, since I worked for an entity that televised over 800 of his league's games per year as well as, at the time, a weekly show about the league. End of rambling story.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 12-26-2007, 11:05 PM   #274
ONE
love, blood, life
 
snowbunny00774's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: londonontario
Posts: 12,298
Local Time: 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

End of rambling story.

Thank God.
__________________
snowbunny00774 is offline  
Old 12-26-2007, 11:05 PM   #275
Blue Crack Addict
 
Drea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tangled in my yarn stash
Posts: 22,528
Local Time: 05:42 PM
Thanks for the info NSW

I've heard of Ball St and I know someone who went to Rutgers... will have to think about this
__________________
8 shows, 7 cities, 2 countries, 1 40th birthday and a crapload of friends: my U2011


Drea is offline  
Old 12-26-2007, 11:05 PM   #276
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by snowbunny00774



Thank God.
You asked.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 12-26-2007, 11:11 PM   #277
ONE
love, blood, life
 
snowbunny00774's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: londonontario
Posts: 12,298
Local Time: 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words


You asked.
I did. I just apologized to myself
__________________
snowbunny00774 is offline  
Old 12-26-2007, 11:12 PM   #278
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words


He's a bad commissioner, but he's not a complete moron.

Prior to 9/11, Continental used to have an odd flight from LAX to Newark. It would leave at 5pm and land at 1am. It was usually an empty flight, so I always took it. Anyway, Bettman was on the flight, and in coach, like me. I was seated towards the back, and had a whole aisle to myself. He moved to the aisle adjacent to me, which was also empty. As they were serving meals to the people up front, he put his tray down in anticipation of getting his meal. I then for whatever reason handed him a note that said "Paul Tagliabue would NEVER deign to sit in coach". In case you do not know, Tagliabue is the recently retired commissioner of the NFL, and Bettman worked for him there prior to getting the NHL gig. He laughed and we talked for a bit, since I worked for an entity that televised over 800 of his league's games per year as well as, at the time, a weekly show about the league. End of rambling story.
What was the meal they were serving?
__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 12-26-2007, 11:14 PM   #279
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 02:42 PM
perhaps it was ?
__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 12-26-2007, 11:16 PM   #280
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 05:42 PM
I want more 4400 discussion. Please.
__________________
Dalton is offline  
Old 12-26-2007, 11:39 PM   #281
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 04:42 PM
I think I've covered the 4400 discussion pretty well. It's MF's move now.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 12-26-2007, 11:55 PM   #282
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver


What was the meal they were serving?

Blood pudding with Sweety Milk.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 12-27-2007, 12:07 AM   #283
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words



Blood pudding with Sweety Milk.
__________________
VintagePunk is online now  
Old 12-27-2007, 12:20 AM   #284
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words



Blood pudding with Sweety Milk.
All they gave me was fuckin' pretzel sticks. Fuck you ridiculously high powered executives.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 12-27-2007, 12:21 AM   #285
ONE
love, blood, life
 
snowbunny00774's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: londonontario
Posts: 12,298
Local Time: 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26


All they gave me was fuckin' pretzel sticks. Fuck you ridiculously high powered executives.

__________________

__________________
snowbunny00774 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com