The Temple Bar - WELCOME back Kat! -now UYFA and get ready for ITTH!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:yawn:

I looked at ipod's yesterday. Was ready to purchase when mine came back from the dead. I happily ran out of the store to retrieve my music before it died again. Got home and it's dead *sniff
I just really want to get the music off of it.

So I can't afford any of them but the nano is nearly as expensive as the bigger ones. It has a flash drive though and maybe less likely to have problems?

Is there an advantage from buying it from apple? there are no sales on ipod's anywhere anyways.

Apple is real good about replacing stuff you've bought from them, I find. You know any teachers? They get a discount from Apple.

Have you considered buying a battery from ebay and seeing if that helps?

Yea I'm worried about buying from somewhere else and not having any protection since they break so often.

I wonder if this guy can really fix the problem.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Broken-iPod-Har...ryZ94930QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i've got the sad face icon. If you hold it up to your ear when it's trying to run it actually sounds like it's crying :sad:

I do know some teachers, do they get discounts on ipods? I thought it was just computers.etc.

redkat said:
Yea I'm worried about buying from somewhere else and not having any protection since they break so often.

I wonder if this guy can really fix the problem.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Broken-iPod-Har...ryZ94930QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i've got the sad face icon. If you hold it up to your ear when it's trying to run it actually sounds like it's crying :sad:

I do know some teachers, do they get discounts on ipods? I thought it was just computers.etc.

Yeah, you're right. Last year they gave discounts on iPods to teachers, but according to the website, not this year. Just on the computers. Sorry.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

:hmm: i may send my old u2 iPod out to this guy as a test run for the inevitable breakige of my current iPod

i'm going to email him. I think I still need a new ipod but I wonder if I can get my U2 one fixed even if it's ancient and locks up often. I'm attached to it.

Kat, considering this is the loss of your IPOD we're talking about, you seem to be handling it remarkably well. Which leads me to believe you are putting on a front right now, so we'll think that you're bravely handling this loss well. We're your friends, you don't need to hold in the crushing disappointment you must be feeling. Let out all the anguish, devastation and probably some anger at the world you are heroically trying to keep bottled up.
Journalize it if you need to, in order to deal with the angst and anxiety you are no doubt suffering.

We already admire you, you don't need to go to such lengths to earn our respect. SCREAM at the world and it's unfairness that this has happenend to you.

:hug: :(

It's dead though. Remember you were traumatized and wanted throw yourself under a car because you were so devasted by its loss?

Well, I do tend to throw myself under a car for most bad events, but yeah, I remember that particular one. Not my finest hour, but I wanted to be with the iPod in New Heaven ASAP. Next time I need to find something more powerful than a Jetta. I only sprained my ankle. That sucked. :sigh:

I want to sleep for 3 days straight. And I also want a few million dollars so I never have to work again. Anyone want to make that happen for me? Thanks, I appreciate it.

UberBeaver said:
That sucked. :sigh:

So noble. A sprained ankle and all you have to say is "that sucked"?? truly hero material Beav. Clearly it's the world trying to keep you down, but I do admire your glass is only half poisoned approach to all the wrongdoing that's done to you.

For that alone I'd love to give you a million dollars and three days of sleep. :hug:

Mia, mes ami!!!

yeah, so communication was attempted and no response. to the :shifty: thing, not the dude I was on about por monself. That has died too anyway, as I predicted.

Is all that as clear as mud for you?

:lol: well i've never been nor tasted long island, so i can't say. anyway, im going to nyc this weekend! :hyper: AND, Anthony Rapp's (a la RENT) agent has been asking about me by name, and I might get to meet/hang out with the entire cast!! how kickass is that?

i was coming anyway. but last year Anthony Rapp came down to VT to speak. anyway, since the shooting, he has been asking about us nonstop to his agent. and his agent asked my former supervisor if she or i would be in NYC this weekend (she just told me tonight). anyway, he wants to hook us up bigtime. i have to call his agent tomorrow to figure out exactly what deal i'm getting, but my supervisor said he had mentioned something about sweetass seats and meeting the cast (and of course, anthony again).

Well, gross island is really long. The closest part is probably 20 miles from Manhattan. It borders Queens (also gross), but I'd assume you're going to be in Manhattan. I'm about 35-40 awfully disgusting miles out. Give or take. I've never actually measured it. It take almost an hour by train.

Back
Top Bottom