The Temple Bar - We Love EVERYTHING U2 Has Done - UYMFA!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that sounds cool, what does one do with a star clock?

Ummm, oh, I dunno, maybe one would only trick Gnomes into thinking that the Red Sun is coming and then beating the living fucking shit out of them when they realize there is no Red Sun rising but it's too late as they've already assembled for war, maybe? Hm? Maybe? That's what I would do with a Star Clock, but hey, who am I but the guy that invented the fucking Star Clock, you know?

Did you miss the whole Red Sun Trilogy thing?

Are you talking about a snake?

He's my new buddy!! He's awesome

3206_728958998223_6209520_41684847_6470872_n.jpg

dude, I have no clue what the hell you are talking about but it sounds pretty cool

How did you miss that? Let me try to recap:

I think it had something to do with Prog Music....hold on, I'll use that funky Search feature up there and post a comprehensive Red Sun summary.

Previously on the The Red Sun Trilogy: The War of the Dwarves and Gnomes:

Dragons appear
From the Foggy Mountain
Fire bellows deep!
Wings spread wide
The answer the call
Of the Dwarves in their KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Gnomes burn as they run for cover
Gnomes burn as they run for cover
Gnomes burn as they run for cover.

To NSW:
You can write about the age that follows, thousands of years later when the Gnomes have replaced their numbers and have forsworn vengeance. We can call it: "Fire Moon: The War of the Gnomes and Dwarves II: Gnome Vengance" - and I know about the Yes version already, Elfa - but you'll note that A.) They never mention the Fire Moon, B.) The gnomes did not wait for vengeance but simply sought out the Elves to help defeat the dwarfs - not happening here (well, not exactly like Yes does it) and C.) my version has 19% more dragons, ergo: I = Win.

NSW repsonse:
I can do that:

In ancient times
before the birth of men
Gnomes and Dwarves fought
to the bitter end

The Dwarves would prevail
with fiery dragon aid
and they would not rest
until to rest every Gnome was laid

But the Dwarves did not know
that some Gnomes had lived
their numbers regrowing in secret
as they plotted and hid

So the Dwarves grew complacent
and thousands of years passed
The Gnomes mounted their mighty steeds
Revenge would be theirs - at last

They rode from the wintry north and attacked the sleeping dragons
without elven help, using mystical arcane Gnome lore
weaving spells of destruction on the winged beasts
who, despite their being 19% more of them, now sleep forever more

The Gnomes looked at the carnage
and they allowed themselves to weep
tears of joy did flow
but now it was time to attack the Dwarves KEEEEEEEEEEEPPP!!!!!!!

The Gnomes awaited a sign
some magical gift or boon
they looked aloft and saw fire in the sky
'twas the rising of the FIRE MOON

So they blew their war horns
and the march to the keep did start
"We come for your souls" they yelled
"we have come for your hearts"

Thus did The War of the Gnomes and Dwarves II begin
you might wonder if I know how it ended, perchance
It ended when no Dwarf still drew breath
It ended with Gnome vengeance

Now Earth is ruled by man
the ancient ways are lost
replaced by robots and space men
was it worth the cost? was it worth the coooooooooooooooooooooost?

I would also go so far as to say it's stupid as well. I really can't get into it. Though, admittedly, I wrote an epic prog rock album in the shower the other morning called "Bloodmoon: The War Between the Dwarves and Gnomes." It was pretty good, actually. The Dwarves provoke the gnomes into war, but they time it such that the gnomes are unable to use their magic as the first night of the war coencided with the Bloodmoon - thus rendering teh poor little gnomes denfenseless. A group of gnomes was outside the battle waiting for the signal to strike, but the signal never came. The next day they went to investigate and saw their people slaughtered. They then took to live underground and have sworn venegance upon the Dwarves. Biding their times and knowing that someday it will come to pass.

I figure it will be 3 songs, running times 144 minutes - one minute for each 1000 gnomes killed during the Bloodmoon.

I still have this paranoia that I'm being mocked. One of the Lemon dudes just said he liked the killintheface smiley - again my Mockdar goes off. Mockdar - that is awesome. I think the Land of the Gnomes should be called Mockdar.

There was a planet between Mars and Jupiter. It had one satellite, a Moon in Space, a Space Moon. That solitary satellite one day gazed upon the planet which held it in it's orbit. This Space Moon, this Moon in Space thought for a moment, and then said, "Fuck this." Seconds later the fifth planet was nothing but an asteroid belt, and Space Moon became free of it's gravitational force. Where it is now no one truly knows. But deep inside we all know it's there. Somewhere for sure, for we feel it's presence every time we turn it up to 11, bang our heads, or perhaps write an epic prog rock anthem about Gnomes carrying out their vengence by raping the enslaving Dwarves.

Einstein postulated that when you get close enough to a black hole, light is destroyed as it crosses the event horizon - thus making it impossible to know what lies beyond. String theorists predict perhaps 11 dimensions - yet we are unable to encounter all but 4. I believe Space Moon is like that. Something we cannot know directly, yet we cannot doubt it's existence - for to doubt Space Moon is to doubt ourselves.

Originally Posted by phillyfan26
I'm writing a 56 minute prog/psychedelic song and may use your lyrics on it. Groovy with you?
The one about the gnomes? Hell yeah. Just be sure to hold a G#m on a synth for 19 minutes at some point with no other sounds and I have no problem with it. I'm actually working on more lyrics and really expanding the story, so let me know and I'll drop some more lyrics on you.

This is how the second disc of the Prog Rock epic "The Battle of the Dwarves and Gnomes: The Red Sun Trilogy" begins. After a 14 minute guitar solo:

Deep in the Earth,
In caves made by hand,
The Gnomes gather
And lay out their plan.

"For thousands of years
We have hid deep below.
But now is the time
For our vengence to seeeeeeeeeeeeew!

"In a fortnight from now
The Red Sun returns
And the Dragons and Dwarves
will feel the Gnomian burn!"

RUN DWARVES RUN,
WE ARE COMING FOR YOU!
RUN DWARVES RUN,
WE ARE COMING FOR YOU!
RUN DWARVES RUN,
WE ARE COMING FOR YOU!

As scary as this fact may be, I actually did think out the entire story of the Dwarves vs the Gnomes in the shower. It actually got to the point where I thought it was pretty good. There was a lot going on. Basically, the Dwarves fuck over the gnomes by giving them a "gift" as a sign of peace after a truce. It's a star clock that the Dwarves tell the gnomes will help them keep an accurate watch of the stars so that they always know when to celebrate the gnomian holidays. At first the gnomes are suspicious, but after a few hundred years they see it works and really start to rely on it. Turns out the dwarves set it up to fuck the gnomes over after, like, 800 years by incorrectly predicting a Red SUn occurance - which, of course, gives the gnomes crazy power. So this and that happens and the dwarves taunt the gnomes, and then gnomes are like, "Hey, lets go to war adn when the Red Sun rises, we will fuck their shit up." One gnomes is like, "Mmmmm, I don't think we should trust this clock - I think it's a trap...yada yada yada...." Turns out he was right, but he also took several gnomes into hiding and they spend 1000+ years planning revenge. That's where Disc #2 starts.

Originally Posted by No spoken words
I like the idea of the clock. Better than having them worship some false deity or something. This has potential.
From VintagePunk:
Agreed. I like the concreteness of the clock. The gnomes are a practical species, obviously, and thus would be far more fucked up by the failure of something they rely on

PFAN:
Beav and I have come up with a tracklisting for The Battle of the Dwarves and Gnomes: The Red Sun Trilogy:

Disc 1
1. "Let There Be.......Lights (Red Sun Rising - The First Peace)"
2. The Star Clock (Parts I-VIII)
3. The Red Sun Fortune (Dragon Emancipation*)
4. Requiem for the Red Sun
5. Coda of the Red Sun

Disc 2
1. Revenge of the Red Sun
2. The Dwarves, the Keep, the Red Sun, and the Spy (Parts I-IV)
3. The Star Clock (Part IX)
4. The Final Battle of the Dwarves and Gnomes (Red Sun Accesso - Pax Gnomana)

Originally Posted by snowbunny00774
Ask beav about her
biggrin2.gif

I liked her. Her last post had her warning us that shit was going to go down in March. And then she never returned.
sadface.gif
She saved us all, I bet. From the dragons. She will be immortalized in the RED SUN TRILOGY: The Battle of the Dwarves and Gnomes. - pFACT - we need to add a sequel - Red Sun Trilogy Part IV: The Rise and Fall of Wizard2C. We'll def need to start it with a synth G#m for a good 12 minutes, then just rock the fuck out.

I believe I shall add an epilogue to the Red Sun Trilogy. In it the Gnomes, after wiping out the Dwarves, use the power of the Red Sun to cool the Red Sun to a climate that could sustain life. The Red Sun becomes Space Moon, and the Gnomes build Star Ships to fly to it, and they are fruitful and multiply and evolve. They become humans. Humans on Space Moon. We are all on Space Moon. A Moon in Space. We are all Gnomes in Space. On a Moon.

A tear just ran down my cheek as if pulled by gravity. But knowing what I now know, I now know that is not possible.

No wonder the Red Sun Trilogy was so close to our hearts, running deep in our veins. We are the Red Sun Trilogy, living on.

And that too...

Yay for being done with finals! How are you going to spend your free weekend?

I'm doing well. Working all the time. Can't wait for summer to arrive!
probably cleaning. this place turned into a disaster this week.

That's awesome, Mia! :hi5: Being done is the best feeling ever, isn't it? :drool:

it sure is!!!! i love it. i feel FREE!

Back
Top Bottom