The Temple Bar: We have Beavers, Mornings and FREEEEEDOM!! UYFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
snowbunny00774 said:
LMPA you're a genius - who wants to marry me? anyone?

also - which is more powerful:

a)getting laid

b) the frustration of not getting laid

:hmm:

Do they allow civil unions in Nevada? :hmm:

As for the second part of your post, after much debate (in my own head), I think a is the answer, even though any issues following the sex may prove to be SO NOT FUCKING WORTH the sex you had in the first place. (Ok, if the sex was fantastic and you're glad you had it, then take some points off for that, but still drama sucks some of the enjoyment out of whatever it was you had with that person).

:happy:

Also, I'll need to look at the New New Testament, but if polgyomy is ok, and I don't see why it wouldn't be - at least across national borders, and there is some sort excellent tax benefit to have two wives in different countries, AND I no longer need to work, I'll agree to the marrige as well.

I'm trying to decide whether to vote for :dance: which I associate with getting laid (or I would if I bloody well did) or :banghead: which is par for the fucking course.

UberBeaver said:
Also, I'll need to look at the New New Testament, but if polgyomy is ok, and I don't see why it wouldn't be - at least across national borders, and there is some sort excellent tax benefit to have two wives in different countries, AND I no longer need to work, I'll agree to the marrige as well.

Look that shit up quick...I've always said no husband of mine will have to work :up:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Do they allow civil unions in Nevada? :hmm:

As for the second part of your post, after much debate (in my own head), I think a is the answer, even though any issues following the sex may prove to be SO NOT FUCKING WORTH the sex you had in the first place. (Ok, if the sex was fantastic and you're glad you had it, then take some points off for that, but still drama sucks some of the enjoyment out of whatever it was you had with that person).

:happy:

no no...no sarcasm today....you meant :heart: right?

cos enjoyment sucking drama post coitus is awesome :love:

snowbunny00774 said:

Look that shit up quick...I've always said no husband of mine will have to work :up:

I'll need to skip the early years parts of the Gospels and get right to that topic. Where is that in the NT? WHERE IS IT? Matthew, Mark, Luke, John? The Book of Q? One of these fuckers has to have an opinion on it. Acts of the Apostles maybe? FUCK!

OK, best I can figure, Paul had some issues with it, but Paul wasnot Jesus, so WGAF? Right? Also, he said Bishops can be married, so that's a +1 for the clergy, which would mean +2 for us non-clergy folks. Plus, Paul never ever mentions Canada.

It is clear (as the questioner notes) that those in Church government/leadership are to be monogamous (the 'husband of one wife' clause shows up in both statements of elder/deacon qualifications: 1 Tim 3.2 and Titus 1.6).
<---- Not me. Cool.

"Your imprudent and blind masters [i.e., Jewish teachers] even until this time permit each man to have four or five wives. And if anyone sees a beautiful woman and desires to have her, they quote the doings of Jacob." [ANF, vol. 1, p. 266]
<--- sticks and stones. Call my masters what you like. They don't care. They're above that shit. Point is = 4-5 = good. SWEET! I'm not even at half quota yet.

:writesletterofresignation:

Last edited:
alright - if you have to be stuck somewhere and you have a choice of

a)music event or

b)sports event...

neither of which you are really commited to but both would be interesting...what do you do?

snowbunny00774 said:
alright - if you have to be stuck somewhere and you have a choice of

a)music event or

b)sports event...

neither of which you are really commited to but both would be interesting...what do you do?

Not to be anal, but it would depend on the sport, or the musical act. But, if we say it's just an "average" band or "average" sporting event, then I choose music event because I go to a lot of concerts, but not nearly as often as I go to sporting events.

The power of not getting laid is substantial.

I like all the New Testament stuff, makes me glad I'm a Jew and need only worry about the Old one.

baseball vs live earth

yeah...not getting laid is winning I think.

pfft, jewish...how can you be all kill the fuckers with kindness without the guidance of the NNT? :heart:

almost forgot the love thy neighbour smiley there : phew:

I would save my money and find a bar that would show both at the same time. The Live Earth (some benefit by Al Gore, I think) lineup doesn't grab me. And I'm not a fan of watching baseball....so there's my $.02.

NSW - when I finish my reassessment of the NT, you might like Jesus a whole lot more. I put forth the theory that was an OT kinda dude that smiled a lot because people were stupid, and he thought that was funny. He wasn't really "nice" per se, but more like, "You're stupid and I'm really laughing at you HAHAHA jackass". I like that version of Jesus.

Jesus would like Douche Monkey. :hi5:

hmmm...well, at either of those events I could work on my tan (hahahahaha irish skin pwnd) but the bar idea grabs me too. what's the likeliehood of a bar with an outdoor patio showing both events outside on tv?..probably not good huh?

the new jesus could make it happen I bet :wistful:

Last edited:
Beav. I'm down with Jesus, absolutely. Just not as a figure infused with g-d like powers and such. As a dude wandering around, speaking Aramaic and whatnot, chilling with Harvey Keitel, I like him.

I think I'd rather see a baseball game than a concert featuring acts I did not like.

Things are starting to heat up here at work. Like, a lot. That means I need to focus. See you guys later.

No spoken words said:
Beav. I'm down with Jesus, absolutely. Just not as a figure infused with g-d like powers and such. As a dude wandering around, speaking Aramaic and whatnot, chilling with Harvey Keitel, I like him.

I think I'd rather see a baseball game than a concert featuring acts I did not like.

Things are starting to heat up here at work. Like, a lot. That means I need to focus. See you guys later.

Focus is so overrated...:down:

And as far as going to a sports event or a concert, in either case I didn't care for, I always go for the event where the women will be the hottest and the probability that they will remove clothing is the greatest....:yes:

Jesus & Harvey eh?

This is going to cost the Gideons a fortune :drool:

yeah but I don't think it'll be a good game either.
How does that help me Reg - it's going to be men I can't touch on a field, or men I can't touch on a stage :hmm: really...HOW DOES THAT HELP ME :banghead:

sorry momentary slip there...:hug:

heat up as in the fires of hell NSW? I could see that...you haven't embraced :heart: thy neighbour yet...

Last edited:
Reggie Thee Dog said:
Live Earth over sports? Is Mötley Crüe, or AC\DC playing Live Earth? What about Dokken or Ratt...are they playing...or Kix, Bang Tango or Slaughter...are they playing? :drool:

If not go to the sporting event...:yes:

Not ONE of those bands is playing. Can you believe that shit? Remember that concert in Moscow when Motley Crue were "sober"? That was the last great mega-concert. Everything since = weak sauce.

NSW - yeah, I'm going to revisit the God like powers thing. I think a reread of the texts suggests that the whole "water to wine" and resurrection might prove to be something all together different. I'm not up to that part yet. I'm still justifying polygamy. I need to make sureI got that part 100%.

Tre - Sunday @ 6m (5am your time, I think) be there or forever be a heaten.

snow- I'm sure there will be places that have both, you might even catch both NY teams and live earth. Just ask the bartenders, they usually don't mind. Most bars have like 10 TVs now anyway.

UberBeaver said:

Not ONE of those bands is playing. Can you believe that shit? Remember that concert in Moscow when Motley Crue were "sober"? That was the last great mega-concert. Everything since = weak sauce.

NSW - yeah, I'm going to revisit the God like powers thing. I think a reread of the texts suggests that the whole "water to wine" and resurrection might prove to be something all together different. I'm not up to that part yet. I'm still justifying polygamy. I need to make sureI got that part 100%.

Tre - Sunday @ 6m (5am your time, I think) be there or forever be a heaten.

snow- I'm sure there will be places that have both, you might even catch both NY teams and live earth. Just ask the bartenders, they usually don't mind. Most bars have like 10 TVs now anyway.

yes...but outside? crispifying remember?

and yeah....make sure you got the polygamy thing iron clad...I refuse REFUSE do you hear? to move to Utah. you know, beside iowa and ohio...

Back
Top Bottom