The TEMPLE BAR: We got buybacks... UP YOUR FUCKING ASS!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:
Now we need the Isles to do that. Preferably in regulation, and they should play like Ottawa did last night. That was a beatdown. The Penguins were like deer in the headlights. I think they'll pick it up, but man, they looked like fools, and Ottawa loked totally ready to play.

That was a great game! :up: I caught the third period and the highlights afterwards.

ThoraSEB said:

That was a great game! :up: I caught the third period and the highlights afterwards.

I don't know how many Eastern games you watch, but the Penguins are good. Second half of the season they were REAL good. Last night Ottawa made they looked like it was 2005/2006 - I haven't seen them play that bad since then. And Crosby, I don't care what anyone says, the refs baby him. You can't touch the guy without getting called. But last night, it was open season on Syd and friends. That, I think, threw their game off. It's like a whole different game in the playoffs.

I still think he should have gotten that goal though.

UberBeaver said:

I don't know how many Eastern games you watch, but the Penguins are good. Second half of the season they were REAL good. Last night Ottawa made they looked like it was 2005/2006 - I haven't seen them play that bad since then. And Crosby, I don't care what anyone says, the refs baby him. You can't touch the guy without getting called. But last night, it was open season on Syd and friends. That, I think, threw their game off. It's like a whole different game in the playoffs.

I still think he should have gotten that goal though.

I don't watch many Eastern games until the playoffs. They're rarely shown here anyways, but I don't get really interested until the playoffs.

I missed Crosby's first attempt at a goal, but did see the last one, which was beautiful. He's a fantastic player, but I agree. The refs do need to stop calling penalties when other players touch him. He's not god (although some would probably disagree).

UberBeaver said:

I love brown bread. We only have it once a year, but it's not home made, it's....it's from a can. My wife calls it Bread in a Can and refuses to eat it. :mad: But I really enjoy it. I've never seen it any other way than from a can. Homemade must be awesome.

I've never had that stuff, though i just googled it may have to try it. I wonder if it's at all similar to irish brown bread :hmm: In the gourmet section of the grocery store you can buy a bag of brown bread mix. It's super easy to make and nearly as good as homemade :drool:

In a can? :eek:

I'll have to look that up.

The homemade is super easy Kat, you don't even need a mix.

How are you feeling today Thora? everyone must be zombies there!!

ThoraSEB said:

Tired, but good. I've just finished my super-extra-grande-large coffee. Yep - most people are zombie-like today! :lol:

You can tell here who watched and who didn't :D

We did make a good effort at killing this bar though :up:

Thora - do you have any superstitious activities you do that seem to help the Canucks?

I find that a glass of Irish Cream helps. Unfortunately, Guinness doesn't help. I denied it during the season, but I can't risk them losing any games cause I'm a Guinness addict. So Irish Cream it will be. Just one glass.

snowbunny00774[/i][B] You can tell here who watched and who didn't :D We did make a good effort at killing this bar though :up:[/B][/QUOTE] Definitely. Some people are more tired/hungover than others! [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by UberBeaver said:
Thora - do you have any superstitious activities you do that seem to help the Canucks?

I find that a glass of Irish Cream helps. Unfortunately, Guinness doesn't help. I denied it during the season, but I can't risk them losing any games cause I'm a Guinness addict. So Irish Cream it will be. Just one glass.

Yeah, I have a few. I wear my jersey with my lucky t-shirt on underneath. My car is parked a certain way in my driveway. My living room (and my car) is decorated with Canucks stuff. I drink beer, and that's about it. I also don't pick up the phone until the game is completely over.

Those are the things I've found to be effective. I'm sure more neuroses will come out of the woodwork this year. :wink:

UberBeaver said:
Hm....I don't own a jersey or any car ornamentation. And i can really only park one way. Dammit. We're never gonna win now. I'll have to get some guinness. :D NSW - I'm sorry, man.

:lol:

No worries - my superstitions are just for me. You've got to find what works best with you, and do that.

I was surprised that such a high percentage was down with OPP. I thought that people here would be more conservative, more on the "it's wrong 'cos I'm splittin' and co-hittin' at" tip. I now look forward to the next gathering. :drool:

No spoken words said:
Oh, naming a movie Electric Ave would be suicide. Funny, yeah, but not smart if you want to be taken seriously, which Lance does.

I'm going to write a movie just so I can call it Electric Ave. I'll see you at the Oscars, buddy, when I'm beating you down with the statuette I just won for Best Screenplay. I'll be screaming, "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!" - that's how you can be sure it's me.

I'll be calling the sequel "Pass the Doochie." BAM.

No spoken words said:
Oh, naming a movie Electric Ave would be suicide. Funny, yeah, but not smart if you want to be taken seriously, which Lance does.

I'm going to write a movie just so I can call it Electric Ave. I'll see you at the Oscars, buddy, when I'm beating you down with the statuette I just won for Best Screenplay. I'll be screaming, "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!" - that's how you can be sure it's me.

I'll be calling the sequel "Pass the Doochie." BAM.

No spoken words said:
Today = chaos.

Yesterday AND today.

Reggie - I saw something about a Vince Neil cruise, and I thought of you. Let me know if you need more info. I'm sure it's right up your alley, and maybe you can still plan a family vacation for the summer :)

BTW, a police officer type person rang my bell a couple of hours ago. I look like crap & in my pajamas, and was a bit nervous as to what he wanted. He was looking for someone that has never been here. Freaked me out :crazy:

Why don't we do it in the road
Why don't we do it in the road
Why don't we do it in the roooad
Why don't we do it... in the road
No one will be watching us
Whyyy don't we do it in the road...

Lila64 said:

Yesterday AND today.

Reggie - I saw something about a Vince Neil cruise, and I thought of you. Let me know if you need more info. I'm sure it's right up your alley, and maybe you can still plan a family vacation for the summer :)

Oh yeah...family vacation...I can see it now...

Me: Where's my son?

Son: Doing Purple Hooter shots dad!!!

Me: Right on!!

Later....Me: Where's my daughter?

Daughter: I'm running off to the wet T-shirt contest!

Me: Sweet

Right....:rolleyes:

Lila64 said:
BTW, a police officer type person rang my bell a couple of hours ago. I look like crap & in my pajamas, and was a bit nervous as to what he wanted. He was looking for someone that has never been here. Freaked me out :crazy:

I had you're house reported because of all the suspiscious traffic in and out, day and night....:shame:

:madwife:

From Bestweekever.tv (and I think TMZ)

Perhaps the only nautical image more disheartening than Kate Winslet looking like a hood ornament on the Titanic while Celine Dion wails in the background is the notion of sitting in a smoky cruise-liner lounge, sipping on a 14 dollar Pina Colada while Vince Neil and a few of his overweight ex-junkie pals struggle their way through the world’s saddest version of “Dr. Feelgood” ever to be performed (including local Karaoke bars). But for the low, low price of $479, all that can be yours! According to TMZ:

Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil has become the rock ‘n’ roll version of Captain Steubing, and has launched a four-day Mexican vacation aboard the Carnival Imagination called the “Motley Cruise.” Sailing the high seas just took on a whole new meaning!

The ship of fools sails January 24, 2008 from Miami, with stops in Key West and Cozumel, and includes concerts by Neil and “several other recognizable bands,” yet to be announced. Sounds to us like an episode of “Bands Reunited!”

Wonder if maybe you can book Douche Monkey to open? :hmm: Make some calls, wouldja?
12_5_38.gif

Lila64 said:
:madwife:

From Bestweekever.tv (and I think TMZ)

Perhaps the only nautical image more disheartening than Kate Winslet looking like a hood ornament on the Titanic while Celine Dion wails in the background is the notion of sitting in a smoky cruise-liner lounge, sipping on a 14 dollar Pina Colada while Vince Neil and a few of his overweight ex-junkie pals struggle their way through the world’s saddest version of “Dr. Feelgood” ever to be performed (including local Karaoke bars). But for the low, low price of $479, all that can be yours! According to TMZ:

Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil has become the rock ‘n’ roll version of Captain Steubing, and has launched a four-day Mexican vacation aboard the Carnival Imagination called the “Motley Cruise.” Sailing the high seas just took on a whole new meaning!

The ship of fools sails January 24, 2008 from Miami, with stops in Key West and Cozumel, and includes concerts by Neil and “several other recognizable bands,” yet to be announced. Sounds to us like an episode of “Bands Reunited!”

Wonder if maybe you can book Douche Monkey to open? :hmm: Make some calls, wouldja?
12_5_38.gif

I'm on it Beav!!! Douche Monkey on the Mötley Crüise would be kick ass!!!

By the way Vince Neil is in rehab as you read this....no shit...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom