The Temple Bar-We don't feel like dancin'....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:
I'm sleepy, too, VP. Have not been sleeping too well lately, cold keeps waking me up, I think. Sorry you're so sleepy. Unless you're happy to be sleepy, then I'm happy for you.

I read about your insomnia a few days ago. :( I go through serious bouts of that too. Days and days with 3 hours sleep before I finally collapse of exhaustion. I've been sleeping like a baby lately, though. I think it's just that I slept too late yesterday, and couldn't get to sleep last night. While I would LOVE to give into the allure of a nap at the moment, that would only make things worse, so I'm trying to soldier on.

VintagePunk said:

I read about your insomnia a few days ago. :( I go through serious bouts of that too. Days and days with 3 hours sleep before I finally collapse of exhaustion. I've been sleeping like a baby lately, though. I think it's just that I slept too late yesterday, and couldn't get to sleep last night. While I would LOVE to give into the allure of a nap at the moment, that would only make things worse, so I'm trying to soldier on.

You're a trooper. I wanted to take a nap yesterday, but it just wasn't happening for me. Maybe tonight will be an exhaustion collapse night.

daygloeyes2 said:
I get enough sleep, but I'm still tired. WTF is going on? :huh:

Sorry you're tired VP :hug: Is it because of a new project you're working on?

Do you still have insomnia? :( :insomniabuddies: :happy:

See above reply. Too tired to type it out again. :wink:

I slept like a champ last night, but I can barely keep my eyes open today. Same with a lot of people here in my office today...we're all tired. It must be a covert government experiment that has somehow leaked into Canada!!! Damn Bush regime!!! :madwife:

Either that or Mondays.

Hi VP...:flirt:

Hey NSW...sorry I didn't miss you in my earlier post :hug:

No spoken words said:

You're a trooper. I wanted to take a nap yesterday, but it just wasn't happening for me. Maybe tonight will be an exhaustion collapse night.

I think my problem is that I'm a night person. I tend to sleep best from around 5 am on. Even when I do get to sleep at a more reasonable hour, I seem to be awake every hour till 5. Sucks when you have to get up at 7 or 8.

I don't think there's any better feeling in the entire world than giving into a nap when you're exhausted. :drool:

VintagePunk said:

Do you still have insomnia? :( :insomniabuddies: :happy:

See above reply. Too tired to type it out again. :wink:

That's what happens with me. But I slept til noon yesterday, went to bed at 11, and woke up at 8 this morning. And I feel like I'm ready to crash. :huh:

Except for last night, still my usual Sunday night insomnia only! :happy:

I'm definitely a night person. I'd rather work an extra 2 hours than come in 15 minutes early, that's how much I hate the mornings. In College, I used to stay up to 3am and get up at 6:30am...and I had a job and played a lot of sports at the time...but I was never tired. Needed a nice afternoon nap now and then, though....and agreed, giving into a nap when you're out of it is bliss. Though, it is sometimes confusing, waking up from a nap and not knowing what time it is, etc.

No worries Reggie, it's not your fault that I'm so damned forgettable. :)

Reggie, glad someone around here likes RUSH besides me. And LMPA, I don't know what it is with guys and RUSH, because I know tons of guys that hate the band, and a few women that like them.

Okay, I'm on a roll now. Know what pisses me off, guys? Well, I'll tell you. :wink:

When I go through my 3 hours of sleep a night phases, I drag my ass through the day feeling like a zombie creature. I think to myself all day "boy, am I ever gonna sleep well tonight!" But do I? Of course not. I wake up and become fully alert again around 10:30 or 11 pm. :|

That's how it goes with me, VP. I'm on day 3 of no sleep or something, and I'm dozing at work and am SURE that this will be the night I sleep....and then something prevents that, and next thing you know it's 4am and I'm trying to read or listening to music on headphones or now, maybe looking to see if Eastern Time Zone people are on interference. :)

No spoken words said:
No worries Reggie, it's not your fault that I'm so damned forgettable. :)

Reggie, glad someone around here likes RUSH besides me. And LMPA, I don't know what it is with guys and RUSH, because I know tons of guys that hate the band, and a few women that like them.

A couple of my buddies are FANATICS...they know more about Rush than I know about U....well that's not true. They know a ton of Rush stuff. I think their latest stuff is a little :blah:, but they are definitely talented musicians. I heard they're gearing up a new album are touring, so it looks I'm off to see Rush for the first time in 18 or 19 years. :rockon:

DG...my bad :hug: I can forgive the lemon thing...Tre on the other hand :rolleyes:

:wink:

VP if you need me to tell you bedtime stories to help you...uh, sleep, I'd be more than happy to...:flirt:

I liked maybe 1 or 2 songs only from most of their late 80's-90's albums, but the last one, I liked a lot, actually.

Saw them on that tour, I guess it was 2002 or 2003, and they were fantastic.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Distant Early Warning....great song :up:

Time Stand Still...:drool:

Roll The Bones....:yuck:

I hate the song "Roll the Bones", hate it bad...but, that album has some songs I like a lot, actually....3 of them, to be exact.

Distant Early Warning is a great song. I'm a big Subdivisions fan, also like The Analog Kid.

ThoraSEB said:
All this talk of sleep is making me tired. :yawn:

I'm getting absolutely nothing accomplished today. :happy:

You got a free lunch...that's something...right? :scratch:

Good call on the shower thingy DG...:yes:

And I'm glad the bf call was good last night...nothing like a bad bf call...:no:

bf...sound dirty...:giggle:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

You got a free lunch...that's something...right? :scratch:

I guess. I have been here since 8am and have done little to no work. Everyone in my department seems to be doing the same, so I guess it's okay. We had a big deadline on Friday, so maybe everyone's in recovery today. :lol:

I'm seriously contemplating just going home. It's ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom