The Temple Bar: We Are Interference (And So Can You!) UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You ever been listening to the Beatles and just wanted to yell at Paul to STFU? That happened to me today when he chimed in backups on Norwegian Wood, totally unnecessary.

And organizing my Zeppelin tunes into albums instead of compliations was one of my life's greatest decisions.

i've never heard of organizing music/books/etc. except for at a library. all my cds are in various piles in my car, and my books are in boxes, still packed from may.

btw, i am the only person in the office today. i feel like doing something naughty.

Yeah, I had all my Zeppelin songs on iTunes from the 4 disc and 2 disc compilations, but the songs were not in the same order as they were on the studio albums, and the flow* of the studio albums I like better. So I fixed it. And I am glad I did.

How you can live in a world of chaos is beyond me. It's unnatural.

*Say what now?

elevated_u2_fan said:
well, for starters I should have said IN order...

I like my music ordered by artist and then by album chronologically, for some reason this is too much to ask for...

You can sort by artist and then "Year", no?

Chaos is not natural order. God does not play dice with the universe.

UberBeaver said:
Chaos is not natural order. God does not play dice with the universe.

no, but we have no control over it. we're supposed to surrender and go with the flow* m i rite? what's that phrase "If you wanna make God laugh, make plans" Who knows, tomorrow your bookcase could break and all of your organized CDs fall to the ground in a chaotic pile of regret.

* jigga who?

unico said:

no, but we have no control over it. we're supposed to surrender and go with the flow* m i rite? what's that phrase "If you wanna make God laugh, make plans" Who knows, tomorrow your bookcase could break and all of your organized CDs fall to the ground in a chaotic pile of regret.

* jigga who?

Nah. We control it - all of it. None of it is real anyhow. Shit's crazy. In the past 100 years we've invented little computer people - granted they're not self aware (that we know of :shifty: ) but even if they were, they'd never know they were video game people. That would be their world, you know? But like them, we are programed to behave a specific way. I'm not sure the system can be beaten. Anyway, it's amazing how much we've accomplised in 100 years, the Sims is what, 10 years old now? Imagine where we'll be in another 100 years, or 1000 years. We'll have made self aware video game people that live in their little world. I think we are already little video game people living in our little SIMs world. True story. Maybe. I dunno. Bottom line is it doesn't really matter. This is what we got. Soooo - if my CDs fall, cest la vie, I'll put them right back and restore order and balance. Cause that's how I roll.

I think in iTunes you can go to the sort feature somewhere. I don't iTunes in front of me, surry.

UberBeaver said:

Nah. We control it - all of it. None of it is real anyhow. Shit's crazy. In the past 100 years we've invented little computer people - granted they're not self aware (that we know of :shifty: ) but even if they were, they'd never know they were video game people. That would be their world, you know? But like them, we are programed to behave a specific way. I'm not sure the system can be beaten. Anyway, it's amazing how much we've accomplised in 100 years, the Sims is what, 10 years old now? Imagine where we'll be in another 100 years, or 1000 years. We'll have made self aware video game people that live in their little world. I think we are already little video game people living in our little SIMs world. True story. Maybe. I dunno. Bottom line is it doesn't really matter. This is what we got. Soooo - if my CDs fall, cest la vie, I'll put them right back and restore order and balance. Cause that's how I roll.

it all started out with Sim City, and now we have Sim Pets. progress ftw!

i think that's probably why i don't organize all my junk. if things are in order i sort of unconsciously mess them up again. i think i perceive my life to be more of a chaotic mess, and i just spin around with the whirlwind. i guess thats the whole benedictine (you) vs. augustinian (me) thing that we talked about before.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I once had an $80,000 job fall into my lap...I traded it for $1,500 in cold hard cash, a case of Guinness, and the Quiet Riot box set...it was sweet...:D

You had me at "Quiet Riot Boxed Set". :love:

Which is kinda ironic cause I only know one song by them.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I think my head is going to explode if I have to listen to any more of the white noise currently flooding my office.

Example? One of the attorneys is forever referring to opposing counsel as "Al Queda". He thinks it's clever. I think it's fucking retarded.

Hey you need a drink...stat...:yes:

Back
Top Bottom