The Temple Bar: We Are Interference (And So Can You!) UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just found out that the girl I have a crush on at work (and who started throwing some serious hints my way tonight that she might be interested) is currently boyfriend-less.

This is a definite advantage over the majority of girls I end up liking.

Time to step up the game a notch. :wink:

DaveC said:
I just found out that the girl I have a crush on at work (and who started throwing some serious hints my way tonight that she might be interested) is currently boyfriend-less.

This is a definite advantage over the majority of girls I end up liking.

Time to step up the game a notch. :wink:

Make that shit happen Dave. Good luck!

I remember working in retail from age 18-23 or so, and, for a lot of reasons, I loved it....helped pay for college, I actually learned some valuable lessons I still apply now, the comraderie a lot of us developed...the chaos of holiday shopping...but nothing was better than having a crush on a coworker there, and knowing that on a certain night, you'd both be working. :)

No spoken words said:
I remember working in retail from age 18-23 or so, and, for a lot of reasons, I loved it....helped pay for college, I actually learned some valuable lessons I still apply now, the comraderie a lot of us developed...the chaos of holiday shopping...but nothing was better than having a crush on a coworker there, and knowing that on a certain night, you'd both be working. :)

I really do enjoy retail, actually. I've worked a lot of really shitty jobs (call centres and fast food, mostly), but the two retail jobs I've had weren't so bad. I think it has something to do with the fact that you really get a sense of accomplishment when you do well and make a sale (although I don't make commission, unlike some of my co-workers).

I just wish it paid more, I'm making minimum wage and as a part-time job (10-15 hours a week), it's not really doing much for the ol' pocketbook.

I didn't make commission, either, but that was a good thing...it made me a more honest salesperson, and a better overall employee. I really did learn a lot at my retail gig...it was interesting taking marketing or econ or other business classes while working there....and, I'm still in touch with a bunch of people from there, which is great....we were a close bunch.

UberBeaver said:

Yeah, we don't get it here either. I have it specially imported.

cheering.gif

No spoken words said:
I didn't make commission, either, but that was a good thing...it made me a more honest salesperson, and a better overall employee. I really did learn a lot at my retail gig...it was interesting taking marketing or econ or other business classes while working there....and, I'm still in touch with a bunch of people from there, which is great....we were a close bunch.

Yeah, that's true too. Everyone in the store is really close, despite the fact that we've got about 50-60 employees. Lots of social events too, there's a Christmas part and a pub crawl next weekend.

We were just voted in the top 3 "funnest" stores in the whole franchise across Canada. :up:

ETA: Maybe I should convince work girl to come to one of those events...:hmm:

Last edited:
DaveC said:

Yeah, that's true too. Everyone in the store is really close, despite the fact that we've got about 50-60 employees. Lots of social events too, there's a Christmas part and a pub crawl next weekend.

We were just voted in the top 3 "funnest" stores in the whole franchise across Canada. :up:

ETA: Maybe I should convince work girl to come to one of those events...:hmm:

I'm glad you experience that same comraderie. It makes the job a lot more fun. We were lucky...about 13 of us started within the same 6-month range, and of those 13, 11 of us worked there at least 3 years....

My last job had over 750 employees and every single person there despised their job, it was such a poisonous work environment.

Damn, I can't wait for Tuesday night :hyper:

Is Snow ever actually in London anymore?

ETA - I misread the meaning of that. BAW is telling Snow that HE is in Palm Springs.

Snow's offer to make out with me automatically fried my fucking brain, forever, sorry. Emergency measures.

2nd ETA - Now I'm not sure which it is, but as long as you stay away from Chicago, it matters not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom