The Temple Bar: We Are Interference (And So Can You!) UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RedrocksU2 said:
I need a beer.
180292052e528dd9804oen8.jpg

No spoken words said:
I love how you're a true bitter Philly area fan at age 16. Imagine just how jaded and negative you'll be in another 10 years.

I'm my father's son in that respect. Oddly enough, he always comments on how unbelievably cynical I am. He never wonders where I get it from.

Although, when he was my age, he'd seen two Flyers championships and was about to see the Phils and Sixers win it in a few more years. I haven't had a single champsionship in my lifetime, so I'm probably worse than him.

This weekend really epitomized it too, with Anthony Morelli killing Penn State on Saturday (again), and Donovan McNabb sucking (again) and then getting hurt (again) and the Eagles looking awful (again).

Phillies baseball and Villanova basketball are really all this town has going remotely well right now.

UberBeaver said:
I went to high school with a bunch of philly kids, and they were all like this @ that age. Unlike Red Sox fans who would lie to ourselves and say they had a chance, Philly fans just picked up right where they left off the season before. It was fascinating.

One of my buddies is not like this (he's eternally optimistic, to the point where it's more like ignorance), and I have to hear a running commentary of "You're so negative" everytime I comment that the Phillies pitching still sucks or that the Eagles can't win with McNabb. It's really fucking annoying.

*tries to relate to the alcohol conversation without saying something that could get me arrested*

kafrun said:
*tries to think of some sports-related small talk* :uhoh:

:uhoh: Um the Silver Ferns (NZ) lost the Netball World Cup to Australia......:reject: And that's the extent of my current sports talk....

Go Leafs go! :D There, I did it. Now phillyfan, you say "I likes beer(not that I drink it now, but I will thoroughly enjoy it once I am of legal drinking age)" :yes:

........yeah, I got nothing :shrug:

gluey said:

:uhoh: Is that a bad thing???
Yes. Come to Canadia at once!

Pf26 = Fresh fodder.....Hey if he's hanging around the bar at this age, there's no hope for him at all...:shrug:

gluey said:
Pf26 = Fresh fodder.....Hey if he's hanging around the bar at this age, there's no hope for him at all...:shrug:

This is true. I stopped caring a long time ago.

gluey said:

We don't get it here......:reject:

Yeah, we don't get it here either. I have it specially imported.

phillyfan26 said:

One of my buddies is not like this (he's eternally optimistic, to the point where it's more like ignorance), and I have to hear a running commentary of "You're so negative" everytime I comment that the Phillies pitching still sucks or that the Eagles can't win with McNabb. It's really fucking annoying.

I knew one guy that was one of those stats people, you know? Had all the numbers memorized, studied the newspapers and all that. He would hate on the Philly teams for mathematical reasons. And there were a few "Yeah, but...maybe this guy will really come alive and...." type guys. But the majority were, "Fuck the phils, fuck philly. We're losers, we'll always be losers and they'll never win because they are losers. Fuck them." I used to think it was maybe some sort of Philadelphian reverse psychology, but it's been going on for 20+ years. So either all those dudes are insane or they really feel that way. I dunno.

Though, I recall one guy always had hope for the Flyers. Every year for about 2 months he loved the Flyers. Then I guess they sucked and that was that.

Back
Top Bottom