The Temple Bar - U23D Edition!!!!! UYMFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U23D

• Atlanta

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Monkeys

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Bitches

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

UberBeaver

Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
No longer must you wander aimlessly in search of free drinks.

That's right folks! While the Octagon may be long gone or simply dormant in the darkest depths of the Lemonade Stand, there's a new club on the scene. We have some fresh competition in the neighbourhood!

It may or may not be a giant lemon.

It's the cool new place everyone is talking about...

The Temple bar.....Would you join us?

~ Bri, Zootle n' Friends

templebar.jpg

Muldfeld said:
No offense to anyone who enjoyed it for what it was, but just remember the credit should not go to J.J. Abrams -- not even half of it. The film had a barely known writer, who's been working his butt off on shows like Buffy, Angel and now Lost, named Drew Goddard. The film also had a director.

J.J. does jack shit. He's a hack who draws in publicity for God knows what reason. I guess because he did "Alias" he was loved by ABC because it drew in ratings, even though it sucked more than anything I can think of, especially for using Jennifer Garner, who's probably the worst highly paid female celebrity. Just awful! Terrible, terrible show. J.J. wrote it, cast it, and composed the awful theme music, too. He hasn't really written anything since on anything he's credited with. Maybe a bit of the "Lost" pilot, which felt mostly like an action story. He's weak on character and shouldn't ever get all the credit, but constantly does for his shallow, lazy work. There are real hard-working writers like Ira Steven Behr out there who do their best and don't compromise so commercially as Abrams, and they get no respect! Commercial lapdogs like him get all the power, even though others deserve it more.

Ira Steven Behr revolutionized Star Trek with -- you got it -- political insight and never got to push it as far as he ultimately wanted because of Rick Berman's commercially-driven formulaic interference.

Eric Jenderson of "Band of Brothers" had a totally new conception of a Star Trek movie and spent a year writing it, and the whole thing was scrapped at Paramount when things changed at the top and J.J. was given carte blanche to do his gimmicky nostalgia trip.

Now, Fox is producing a J.J. Abrams series about Homeland Security agents investigating paranormal activity; sounds like The 4400, which Ira Steven Behr worked on, too.

Go to hell, J.J.!

Discuss.

I agree with the JJ Abrams part. The guy is a hack. Alias was good for about 8 minutes. The rest of the stuff...no idea...ummmm...don't watch star trek.....I did like Band of Brothers - but I don't see what that has to do with anything else.....4400, meh.....Buffy/Lost :up:......I give this post a 6.5/10.

Dammit. I should have made that an option.

Actually - I should have made a poll:

elfa = chick, BM = dude.
elfa = dude, BM = chick
Elfa = chick, BM = chick
elfa = dude, BM = dude.

I wonder how many people would have gotten the right answer.

That thread never happened. In fact, I don't know why I said that, because "that" would imply that there's a that to refer to, when there isn't. What? Lemon bars. FUCK!!

Last edited:
UberBeaver said:
That thread never happened. In fact, I don't know why I said that, because "that" would imply that there's a that to refer to, when there isn't. What? Lemon bars. FUCK!!

Can someone catch me up? I was on tech support with 2-3 companies for 3 hours tonight. Result: I need a new router. MOFOs!!!

Oh, and I voted for all but monkeys :up:

Was there a speech tonight? I'd be like VP, but I wouldn't last the 10 seconds

Lila64 said:
Can someone catch me up? I was on tech support with 2-3 companies for 3 hours tonight. Result: I need a new router. MOFOs!!!

Oh, and I voted for all but monkeys :up:

Was there a speech tonight? I'd be like VP, but I wouldn't last the 10 seconds

Ah, router issues. We've been through that many a time with Comcast and the Best Buy Geek Squad. Very annoying. I really do feel your pain, because my parents always made me talk to the tech support because I was the only one who understood anything.

Back
Top Bottom