The Temple Bar ~ Turn that whiskey, boy into rain, wash it away!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:
The Crazy Train just made another stop.

And where did it stop?

Fucking student loan people. :madwife: They tell me one thing by phone, I follow their instructions, then they send me a letter telling me something completely different...then, in a call just now, they tell me the original thing again, with the added piece of info that I dated a form three days too early, so I have to fill it out and send it again. Fuckers. :crazy:

Thora, those people are insane.

Reg, question. My old laptop hard drive is now an external. It's almost full, so I'd like to delete files. I want to keep all my docs and music, so what I want to know is, is it okay to get rid of all the old system stuff, and old applications? Basically, I want to get rid of everything but the My docs folder.

UberBeaver said:

That shit went off the rails.

just when I was about to get on it... pheww

It's seriously annoying that big hockey games aren't carried on the major networks. :mad: No one I know has Versus

I hate VERSUS :angry: yep hate!

redkat said:

just when I was about to get on it... pheww

It's seriously annoying that big hockey games aren't carried on the major networks. :mad: No one I know has Versus

I hate VERSUS :angry: yep hate!

I didn't know I had until the playoffs started. It is bullshit that the games aren't on TV. NBC has them on weekends though.

if that's the channel showing hockey games - like the triple overtime one that Thora and company were watching a few weeks ago

UberBeaver said:

I didn't know I had until the playoffs started. It is bullshit that the games aren't on TV. NBC has them on weekends though.

and apparently whatever game was in OT on Saturday on TV got cut off by the pre-show of the Preakness :huh:

Lila64 said:

and apparently whatever game was in OT on Saturday on TV got cut off by the pre-show of the Preakness :huh:

I just bombed a test and I don't care! :happy:

I heard about that last night on PTI...it's a good thing TSN carries all the NBC games in full up here, or we might have had to re-enact the War of 1812. :wink:

Yup, I was in a bar watching it and then...no more game. Then the bartender found it, or it came back. I dunno.

I just discovered a new lunatic on my block. I look out my front window to see some woman "dancing" in the middle road and shouting. I get closer and notice two animals fighting at her feet. One was my cat :D the other was her cat. So I go outside and she turns and does this wacky dance move and a maniacal laugh. My cat had stopped fighting and just stared at the woman, like, WTF are you? Then he followed me in.
Now maybe I'm just from the mean streets (of Long Island :shifty: stfu) but cats fight, right? Like that's what they do? And if you have an outdoor cat you expect it to happen, no? I can't see stopping your car and dancing like a sociopath as an acceptable action. :shrug:
Thinking on it now, I think I prefer the lunatics in Queens, cause they might break in and take your shit, but that'd be that. One day I'm gonna wake up to find one of these maniacs stroking my hair and asking for tomato juice. Gah!

Cat sun bathing

cat-sunbathing.jpg

NBC is contractually obligated to air the Preakness pre-show, and so they had to bail on the Hockey game before OT started. They never warned viewers of this until right before the toss, when Bill Clement mentioned that if you wanted to keep watching, you needed to switch over to Versus, unless you lived in Buffalo, as that market was staying with the Hockey game. There was also a technical glitch once the coverage switched to Versus...they were in commercial breaks for 2:15 or so until they aired coverage. Just a mess all around, and another sign that the NHL, in this country, is less and less important. Too bad, because it's a great sport.

Bye.

Back
Top Bottom