The Temple Bar - This one is for BoMac: Go Leafs, go! MUYFA?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Penn State won't be hard, I'm legitimately related to at least 10 people who go there now or graduated from there, including a Penn State legend, my cousin, known as Frank the Tank.

Because he's just like Frank the Tank from Old School: a really easy going guy who becomes the biggest party animal when drunk. His name's not really Frank.

Penn State is probably number one, with Temple and La Salle tied for number two.

speaking of, khan, peef, if either of you would like me to look over your essay portion of the application i'd be more than happy to, since, ya know, i did get to decide people's fate in my last job.

Because he's just like Frank the Tank from Old School: a really easy going guy who becomes the biggest party animal when drunk. His name's not really Frank.

Penn State is probably number one, with Temple and La Salle tied for number two.

that's awesome. i hear penn is a lot like vt, big ass school in the middle of nowhere. but there's lots of stuff going on.

i've been to temple, that'd be cool to live in the city. it's a good school too.

la salle i've heard about but i've never been.

keep me posted! the app process is exciting. like i said if you have any ?s i'm here to help.

I already submitted my essay for Penn State, but that wasn't hard since it was like 1200 characters and spaces (half a page double spaced). I'll run my future ones by you, though, if that's alright.

speaking of, khan, peef, if either of you would like me to look over your essay portion of the application i'd be more than happy to, since, ya know, i did get to decide people's fate in my last job.
scheisse. i probs should've. though one of the schools i applied to didn't even ask for an essay. i wrote bs for the other three, though. it'd been so long since i applied to a college i'd forgotten about the essay. i hope i'm not discounted or anything because of a potentially crappy (or more likely, too short) essay.

that's awesome. i hear penn is a lot like vt, big ass school in the middle of nowhere. but there's lots of stuff going on.

i've been to temple, that'd be cool to live in the city. it's a good school too.

la salle i've heard about but i've never been.

keep me posted! the app process is exciting. like i said if you have any ?s i'm here to help.

Penn State's main campus is a university composed of 45,000 students in the middle of the Appalachian Mountains. The closest cities (Pittsburgh and Philly) are both three hours away.

As my buddy said, "All there is to do is just hang out with people."

Temple and La Salle both have similar campuses. Temple's more inner city since it's Lower North Philly (just a couple miles from Center City), whereas La Salle is Middle North Philly, a few more miles away. Both have great communications, which is the major I'm going for. La Salle, however, is private and costs more, so I'm only giving it a chance if I get a lot of financial help from them. And Temple's in a historically bad neighborhood, so my parents don't want me going there unless there's no other choices.

Pitt is a great campus, but it has no communications majors. I'm only going there if I decide I'd rather do business instead of communications.

Penn State's main campus is a university composed of 45,000 students in the middle of the Appalachian Mountains. The closest cities (Pittsburgh and Philly) are both three hours away.
this sounds like the opening sentences you'd find on wikipedia or something.

Pitt is a great campus, but it has no communications majors. I'm only going there if I decide I'd rather do business instead of communications.
do communications. business is so boring.

I find the application process horribly unnerving. I feel like I'm going to forget something constantly, I've had to put scholarship applications on the back burner for much longer than anticipated, and I've gotten much less done than I thought I would have. And none of my guidance counselors can help because they're fucking swamped with other people even more confused than I am. And my parents cannot help because they've not done anything college-related in 30-35 years.

My father is only 28 years older than me, actually. Still, a long time.

scheisse. i probs should've. though one of the schools i applied to didn't even ask for an essay. i wrote bs for the other three, though. it'd been so long since i applied to a college i'd forgotten about the essay. i hope i'm not discounted or anything because of a potentially crappy (or more likely, too short) essay.

well, if it's not past the deadline yet, you can always resubmit a revised one, and just notify the admissions office. it happens.

you should be proud of your work! remember you're "selling yourself" and you want them to want you.i always told my students this:

they read through thousands of applications. imagine if your application was the very last one that the person on the decision committee had to read. s/he has been doing nothing but reading apps for the past several weeks. naturally, s/he might be inclined to just glance over and toss it aside at this point. what can you do to make yours stand out from the rest?

My essays are mostly focused on my work in running the Little League games for the past five years, since it's something unique. It's hard to convey just how much work I had to put in, though, as it really just sounds like all I did was say names, and I did way more than that.

As my buddy said, "All there is to do is just hang out with people."

that's not entirely true. it's a large public land-grant institution. it's cashing in a LOT of dough. they're gonna have a huge programming board to meet the needs of the student body. schools like that get big acts to come to campus. i dunno who PSU has had, but when i was at VT we had 311, and this week is Third Eye Blind. they can afford stuff like that. there's also loads of diff. clubs and orgs to get involved in, whereas in small schools, greek life is likely their only source of socialization.

I find the application process horribly unnerving. I feel like I'm going to forget something constantly, I've had to put scholarship applications on the back burner for much longer than anticipated, and I've gotten much less done than I thought I would have. And none of my guidance counselors can help because they're fucking swamped with other people even more confused than I am. And my parents cannot help because they've not done anything college-related in 30-35 years.

My father is only 28 years older than me, actually. Still, a long time.

what sort of help are you looking for? have you already done FAFSA?

Oh no, he meant that in a good way. He was saying Penn State's his number one because everyone won't feel like driving all over a city every night, and everyone would just hang out around campus.

Penn State has a lot of activities, I know.

what sort of help are you looking for? have you already done FAFSA?

Logistics, for the most part, like how to fill out specific forms Guidance has requested me to fill out. I'm lucky, one of the guidance counselors (we are assigned certain ones based on our last names, and mine is a different one) works closely with me in my class officer duties, so I was able to ask her some things. But I'm still not sure what I have to do with certain papers, how I'm supposed to get them to send my transcripts out by a certain date, how I'm supposed to let them know a college needs them to fill out a form, etc.

I have never actually worked a taxable job. Both of my two jobs have been tips (under the table). I'm getting one in January, and my parents want me to do the FAFSA after I get my first paycheck, so it has me down for doing an actual job.

You cannot do the FAFSA before January 1st, but you have to have it submitted by mid-February.

Logistics, for the most part, like how to fill out specific forms Guidance has requested me to fill out. I'm lucky, one of the guidance counselors (we are assigned certain ones based on our last names, and mine is a different one) works closely with me in my class officer duties, so I was able to ask her some things. But I'm still not sure what I have to do with certain papers, how I'm supposed to get them to send my transcripts out by a certain date, how I'm supposed to let them know a college needs them to fill out a form, etc.

I have never actually worked a taxable job. Both of my two jobs have been tips (under the table). I'm getting one in January, and my parents want me to do the FAFSA after I get my first paycheck, so it has me down for doing an actual job.

You cannot do the FAFSA before January 1st, but you have to have it submitted by mid-February.

haha right...i forgot about that. you're applying for fall semester, not spring.

damn i can't help you with the stuff above, that's entirely on your high school's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom