The Temple Bar - This is how you start a thread, bitches - UYMFA - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2007, 04:26 PM   #121
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver

If the temple bar were a sports team, I would say that Lynook, pfan, LemonMac and LemonMelon are the rookie phenoms. They need to step up to the plate more in 2k8, increase posting productivity while maintaining their high level of quality. The future of this place is resting with you guys. I see great things coming from you all.
We've also had a few players retire from the Bar, which is the nature of things.

Let's hope the early success of our rookie crop does not lead to a disappointing sophomore effort due to loss of focus.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:26 PM   #122
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:59 PM
shit.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:26 PM   #123
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk
I just asked her to download Breakfast at Tiffanys. I've had an inexplicable urge to watch that for the past few days. I only first saw it about a year ago, I'm ashamed to admit.

She just informed me that at her uni's poster and dvd sales, there's a ton of Audrey Hepburn crap for sale these days. She must be like a new retro cultural icon, or something.
I think that every 10 years or so, another generation discovers her, and she gets popular all over again.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:29 PM   #124
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

I think that every 10 years or so, another generation discovers her, and she gets popular all over again.
She's so elegant. I wish I could pull off the scarf and sunglasses look. Alas, I'd just look stupid.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:30 PM   #125
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Quote:

We've also had a few players retire from the Bar, which is the nature of things.

Let's hope the early success of our rookie crop does not lead to a disappointing sophomore effort due to loss of focus.
Well, it's a long season, you're bound to have some casualities along the way. Some people just get tired, others lose their love for the game. But I'm liking what I see with these recruits and I think that the team will be better in the long run. Some players will be missed, but cest la vie. This team is organic and dynamic and it must change and evolve.

Kat needs to sign on for next season though. This contract dispute she's embroiled in is ridiculous. She knows if she holds out long enough she could probably make a killing, and she's probably right, but it's not good for the morale of the team. She was a captain and I for one do not appreciate the example she's setting. Then again, it's just business, nothing personal, right?

OH - elfa is getting docked his 4th Qr bonus pay. He's not even coming to practice anymore. We're talking about practice. Why can't he come to practice? Is he too good for practice? Are we talking about practice?
Old 12-21-2007, 04:33 PM   #126
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Well, it's a long season, you're bound to have some casualities along the way. Some people just get tired, others lose their love for the game. But I'm liking what I see with these recruits and I think that the team will be better in the long run. Some players will be missed, but cest la vie. This team is organic and dynamic and it must change and evolve.

Kat needs to sign on for next season though. This contract dispute she's embroiled in is ridiculous. She knows if she holds out long enough she could probably make a killing, and she's probably right, but it's not good for the morale of the team. She was a captain and I for one do not appreciate the example she's setting. Then again, it's just business, nothing personal, right?
Kat's agent is responsible for the situation. I think that if we could start a direct dialogue with her, we'd get things negotiated a lot more quickly. Her loyalty to the Bar should outweigh all financial considerations.

I think the recruits have given the Bar a youthful shot in the arm, which was what we needed.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:34 PM   #127
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:59 PM
Quote:

Kat's agent is responsible for the situation. I think that if we could start a direct dialogue with her, we'd get things negotiated a lot more quickly. Her loyalty to the Bar should outweigh all financial considerations.

I'm calling bullshit. If she's not smart enough to take control back from her agent, she probably wasn't worth her salt to begin with.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:35 PM   #128
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

Well, me, for starters.

Shame. Hippopotamus amphibus has few opportunities to participate during the holiday season and take to the streets in a stampede of caroling and aquatic finger foods. Don't be a mean man.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:38 PM   #129
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Quote:

I think the recruits have given the Bar a youthful shot in the arm, which was what we needed.

I dunno, rumour has it that's she's been seen with the RandOOoooMMmmmMm ownership team. Not too long ago I heard that Decribe was making an offer. And FOX Sports said that the Octagon Bar might be looking to make a play - a perennial all star like that you could get a thread up and running, no doubt. And then once she signs, who knows what's gonna happen here. I bet elfa will sign on with one of those other threads, no good disappearing back stabbing curator of awful threads. FIRE ELFA! FIRE ELFA! FIRE ELFA! It's like a Knicks game up in here - speaking of which, I have never wanted to see a Knicks game more than I do right now. What a disaster they are. lol.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:39 PM   #130
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by lynnok

Shame. Hippopotamus amphibus has few opportunities to participate during the holiday season and take to the streets in a stampede of caroling and aquatic finger foods. Don't be a mean man.

I would never stand in the way of anyone, or anything, really, trying to celebrate the holidays. Let alone something that could kill me with ease. I just don't want to hear that song.

Here, watch this instead:

http://www.funlol.com/funpages/santa-badger.html
Old 12-21-2007, 04:40 PM   #131
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I dunno, rumour has it that's she's been seen with the RandOOoooMMmmmMm ownership team. Not too long ago I heard that Decribe was making an offer. And FOX Sports said that the Octagon Bar might be looking to make a play - a perennial all star like that you could get a thread up and running, no doubt. And then once she signs, who knows what's gonna happen here. I bet elfa will sign on with one of those other threads, no good disappearing back stabbing curator of awful threads. FIRE ELFA! FIRE ELFA! FIRE ELFA! It's like a Knicks game up in here - speaking of which, I have never wanted to see a Knicks game more than I do right now. What a disaster they are. lol.
There are few modern parallels to the current Knick situation. Unfuckingreal.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:42 PM   #132
Blue Crack Addict

The badger is pretty good, but nothing says Christmas like a snarky Jesus making fun of Santa.

http://www.sermonspice.com/videos/35...anta--miracles
Old 12-21-2007, 04:51 PM   #133
Rock n' Roll Doggie

The badger is OK but the fact it never ends bumps it up to stupendous. It's sure to be a hit Christmas morning along with the two gallons of water I'm leaving out for Santa this year.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:58 PM   #134
Blue Crack Addict

Well bar, I'm out.

Here's hoping that you all get the YoMamma box sets I ordered you.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:01 PM   #135
Blue Crack Addict

I just got back from a 2 1/2 hour lunch with......drinks...

What's going on in here...