The Temple Bar - This is how you start a thread, bitches - UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's like a goddamn English paper. "Finally," "in doing so." It's like a thesis. It's sort of like in FYM a year ago when Justin learned transition words like "thus" and "next" and used them at completely incorrect times.

I read a little bit of that post, but stopped. I stopped because I started to feel bad. Seriously. I started to feel bad for him. I'm G-d's largest dork, and I feel bad for this dude. That cannot be good for him.

UberBeaver said:
Yeah, I read one thread, the 3am one, and when I realized there was a fucking scroll WITHIN THE INDIVIDUAL post, I bailed, man. Dude's writing manifestos on this shit. The sad part is, the show really wasn't THAT good. In fact, no show has ever been THAT good. Star Wars is not THAT good - and I loved Star Wars, man. I bought a boba fett figure yesterday - for myself. But Boba Fett himself isn't THAT good.

Did you really buy a Boba Fett figurine?

As I’ve hinted before, I’m a very busy student facing many personal difficulties at this time in my life. On a non-political level, I must confess that I relate to April Skouris’ speech at the end of Season 3, in which she tells her big sister that she’ll never meet anyone. “I’m Aunt April the loser and that’s all I’ll ever be.” That really struck home. It’s what I feel a lot of the time in my aimlessness, compared to my successful doctor and lawyer big brothers. In April and Diana’s relationship, I recognize issues of jealousy and insecurity which crop up in my relations with my brothers, especially the oldest one. When I feel hurt by and angry with them, I try to remember what Maia said: “We don’t have such a big family. We have to forgive people.”

He wrote this. Really.

sorry - I've got to rant.

people who are fucking cheap piss me off. people who involve me in their cheapness REALLY piss me off. Just bloody well pony up for the fucking tip the girl deserves.
also, why the fuck did I spend $70 getting pants hemmed when I could have fucking done a better job with that stitch witchery shit and my Iron. Never afuckinggain.

sorry for the intrusion. I will now attempt to catch up on your goings on.

snowbunny00774 said:
sorry - I've got to rant.

people who are fucking cheap piss me off. people who involve me in their cheapness REALLY piss me off. Just bloody well pony up for the fucking tip the girl deserves.
also, why the fuck did I spend $70 getting pants hemmed when I could have fucking done a better job with that stitch witchery shit and my Iron. Never afuckinggain.

sorry for the intrusion. I will now attempt to catch up on your goings on.

I don't know what to say about the hem job, but, I certainly agree with your sentiments regarding cheap people. Makes me cringe.

No spoken words said:

Did you really buy a Boba Fett figurine?

Yeah, I really did. Cartoon version or some shit.

So anyway, I went for a stogie and I realized something kinda scary: As whacky as his shit is - I guarentee you that he is not the craziest fucker here. I am 100% positive that there are people more fucked up - but they direct their crazy @ U2, so it sorta goes unnoticed. Know what I mean?

UberBeaver said:

So anyway, I went for a stogie and I realized something kinda scary: As whacky as his shit is - I guarentee you that he is not the craziest fucker here. I am 100% positive that there are people more fucked up - but they direct their crazy @ U2, so it sorta goes unnoticed. Know what I mean?

No man, I think you are failing to appreciate just how crazy this douche is.

UberBeaver said:

Congrats on the Fett purchase.

I would never argue that he is the absolute craziest person on the site....but you'd have a hard time convincing me that there are too many others that are crazier. As nuts as he is? Sure. Worse? Tough sell.

I love the angry boss. At some point he screams, "I am going to rape you'" doesn't he? Now, that is probably the most awful thing one person could possibly say to another, and yet - Will Ferrell makes it funny. Will Ferrell = Satan.

When I;m in a restaurant with a group and people say, "Let's all throw in a dollar, $12, that's a good tip," I physically feel ill. Ugh. That is not a good tip, that's $1 x 12, jackass. I always feel bad and put myself in charge of coleecting the tip so I can add more money without people knowing....but I should just throw the $10 bill in and tell everyone their cheap. Shit, that makes more sense. I'm going to take my own advice for once. I'll let you know what that pans out.

I almost always handle the bill so I can handle the tip. I'd rather overtip a little than short change someone.

Yes, he does mention raping someone. He also tells someone that he's going to make them drink his piss.

The 12:30 slot was open. Mostly considering, uh, everyone is asleep. Also, our family computer is on the first floor, and I'm sleeping on the couch ... so it's right there.

The couch gets a bad rep. I actually find it more comfortable than my own bed sometimes.

Dalton said:
Meaning you're not good with math or you're trying the creative "look what I made for you" tipping method?

I'm not good at math. Well, at least mental math, like stuff in your head and shit. I think I'm giving a 25% tip, then realize later after I left that I might have had all the numbers wrong.

phillyfan26 said:
It's like a goddamn English paper. "Finally," "in doing so." It's like a thesis. It's sort of like in FYM a year ago when Justin learned transition words like "thus" and "next" and used them at completely incorrect times.

thusly i love this post :heart:

phillyfan26 said:

Well, here's my thoughts.

I think we need to get LMP and LM signed up to multi-year deals. They've been showing here pretty infrequently, especially LMP. Those ten day contracts and shit aren't locking up their services. We need to show them that we're ready to make a real commitment to them, and that we value their talents and their Tremendous Upside Potential. They're valuable posters, as has been shown by their college play in Space Moon: The Moon in Space and the Critical Analyses thread (somewhat). The question is, do they have what it takes to be in the UYMFA gang?

LMP no doubt. I'd like to lock him up to a long contract. LM has mad potential, he can truly be one of the greats, but his reluctance to accept help along with his reaction to just run off on his own whims causes me hesitation. I think he needs to settle in, focus and really dive into this game. He has the ability, and we have the technology, but does he have the heart? That's the question. I'm not so sure. And I'm not sure I want to bet long term on that. I just haven't seen any reason to believe otherwise.

How's that for a critical analysis, son?

Back
Top Bottom