The Temple Bar - This is how you start a thread, bitches - UYMFA - Page 61 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2007, 01:13 PM   #901
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Local Time: 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

Any band that wrote Let Down or Fake Plastic Trees deserves recognition.

For the record, I do have Blood Sugar Sex Magik and Californication in my collection, just don't listen to them much.
Frusciante is completely wasted in RHCP. He should move to NY and start a band with me. I'll call it the John Frusciante Band and I'll just sit there and pay homage. And get paid my share, of course. He is probably the most brilliant guitarist of our generation (and I know we're in different generations, LM, but he crosses both - he's just that good.) I can't think of any other better guitarist since, like Hendrix..............nope, drawing a blank..................yep. No one. The guys an artist. Gilmour is awesome, but very different than Frusciante.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #902
The Male

Local Time: 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver

Frusciante is completely wasted in RHCP. He should move to NY and start a band with me. I'll call it the John Frusciante Band and I'll just sit there and pay homage. And get paid my share, of course. He is probably the most brilliant guitarist of our generation (and I know we're in different generations, LM, but he crosses both - he's just that good.) I can't think of any other better guitarist since, like Hendrix..............nope, drawing a blank..................yep. No one. The guys an artist. Gilmour is awesome, but very different than Frusciante.
Any particularly good examples? I'm mostly familiar with the more popular material and probably missed the most kickass guitar stuff in the process.

Now.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #903
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Well, maybe Duane Allman or Stevie Ray Vaughn, since Hendrix? And you know I love Frusciante, bought all his solo stuff a few months ago and all......
Old 12-24-2007, 01:16 PM   #904
Blue Crack Addict

I hear the Edge is 'on fire' these days....where's does he rate...

I know using the smiley is gay...but it's so appropriate for the question...
Old 12-24-2007, 01:18 PM   #905
Blue Crack Distributor

Hey Reg!

NSW, I was reading something on here the other night, and I realized, I've never heard Catherine Wheel. I need to look them up.

Oh, and, your Xmas poem. You're the master.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:18 PM   #906
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie Thee Dog
I hear the Edge is 'on fire' these days....where's does he rate...

He probably has no idea of which Edge you speak.

Now.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:18 PM   #907

Youtube "Frusciante Maybe Slane castle". Not great guitar, but just awesome in general - a lot of his solo stuff is really good actually. The Mother's Milk album was good, I love the last 30 seconds of Higher Ground when he just goes off. BSSM has some good moments, Under The Bridge for example. I like the guitar in Snow a lot, that's the most recent example. I'll try to sit and find my favorites. I don't really like RHCP, but every now and then I put them on and just notice the guitar. Flea is real good too, but I dunno, they just don't do it for me.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:19 PM   #908
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Any band that wrote Let Down or Fake Plastic Trees deserves recognition.

For the record, I do have Blood Sugar Sex Magik and Californication in my collection, just don't listen to them much.
My favorite is Stadium Arcadium: Wet Sand, Snow ((Hey Oh)), Desecration Smile, Stadium Arcadium, Hard to Concentrate.

If you haven't heard Wet Sand ... listen to it now.

Fake Plastic Trees bored me on my first two listens.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:19 PM   #909
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

That album cover.
yeah it's nuts. but that album is great. fuel is one of my favorite songs of hers.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:20 PM   #910
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk
Hey Reg!

NSW, I was reading something on here the other night, and I realized, I've never heard Catherine Wheel. I need to look them up.

Oh, and, your Xmas poem. You're the master.
Oh, good, you went back and read the poem!

Yeah, I'm a big Catherine Wheel fan, obviously. I never understood why they were not more popular, but a lot of people probably think that about lots of bands. Their first 2 CDs are my favorite, but I like everything but their last, which was pretty bad, actually.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:20 PM   #911
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Please note: I barely slept last night, so if I ramble on more incoherently than usual, that's what you can attribute it to.
You'll fit right in
Old 12-24-2007, 01:21 PM   #912
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Youtube "Frusciante Maybe Slane castle". Not great guitar, but just awesome in general - a lot of his solo stuff is really good actually. The Mother's Milk album was good, I love the last 30 seconds of Higher Ground when he just goes off. BSSM has some good moments, Under The Bridge for example. I like the guitar in Snow a lot, that's the most recent example. I'll try to sit and find my favorites. I don't really like RHCP, but every now and then I put them on and just notice the guitar. Flea is real good too, but I dunno, they just don't do it for me.
The only thing I don't like is Kiedis. I think if you put a decent songwriter/vocalist there, that band is as good as any. It's a shame, really.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:21 PM   #913
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Beav's probably thinking..."Frusciante's not on the EDGE of greatness, he's there man!! Listen to the solo he plays in Lisbon during 'Hump De, Bump De'...during the third note, he hits a D chord and the stadium is stunned, much like getting shot by Spock's phaser in Star Trek, that's the real shiznit, bitches"...
Old 12-24-2007, 01:21 PM   #914

Quote:

<--- Edge.

I don't know myuch by Duane Allman. I never got into the Allman Brothers, but I think I saw them a few years ago at teh Beacon....Pretty sure it was them. They jam a lot, right? Ugh.

Stevie Ray was great, but not my style of music. I never got into him really.

Plus, Frusciante's not on the EDGE of greatness, he's there man!! Listen to the solo he plays in Lisbon during 'Hump De, Bump De'...during the third note, he hits a D chord and the stadium is stunned, much like getting shot by Spock's phaser in Star Trek, that's the real shiznit, bitches.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:21 PM   #915
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

My favorite is Stadium Arcadium: Wet Sand, Snow ((Hey Oh)), Desecration Smile, Stadium Arcadium, Hard to Concentrate.

If you haven't heard Wet Sand ... listen to it now.

Fake Plastic Trees bored me on my first two listens.
PFan, I will just say that I listened to OK Computer a few times, and just did not like it....a year later, gave it another listen and was totally confused as to just what I did not like the first time around....now I'm a huge fan of theirs, have been so for 10 years now, I guess.