The Temple Bar - This is how you start a thread, bitches - UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I took a look at the 4400 forum, and stumbled upon a post of Muldfeld's that's about as long as a novella, so help me. It includes his letter to USA re: the cancellation of the 4400, which, is, yeah, just wow.

I wish I could convey how fucking thrilled I am to be home, knowing I have like a week and a half off. We're still open for business, and I'll be on e-mail now and then and will certainly get phone calls, but for the most part, no work for such a length of time will be fantastic. A few of my coworkers are taking next week off, too, which is good, they need a break as well....we've been going non-stop since July.

Anyway, I'm pleased, and, I look forward to staying up late, sleeping late, roaming around Chicago a bit, seeing some movies, watching DVDs, reading, listening to a lot of new music and hanging out with some of my new friends here in Chicago. :)

Can anyone sum up the above referenced posts/forums.
Me=too lazy to read novellas :happy:

Oh, and thanks for the PM, Reggie :sexywink:

Oh, and thanks for the sweater, Redrocks :angry:

Lila64 said:
Can anyone sum up the above referenced posts/forums.
Me=too lazy to read novellas :happy:

I don't speak "crazy" all that well, but here goes:

"Please don't cancel The 4400. You see, I live in my mom's basement surviving only on her hatred and easy cheese. I'm terrified of real people, so I base my understanding of the world on "politically insightful shows". If you take this show away from me, it will be like killing a member of my family.

Please don't take away my hope."

Then it falls into a level of crazyness that I can't translate. Something about George Bush putting bugs in his ear.

The best thing is that even other nerds start to make fun of him.

Joy to the world ...

No spoken words said:
I wish I could convey how fucking thrilled I am to be home, knowing I have like a week and a half off. We're still open for business, and I'll be on e-mail now and then and will certainly get phone calls, but for the most part, no work for such a length of time will be fantastic. A few of my coworkers are taking next week off, too, which is good, they need a break as well....we've been going non-stop since July.

Anyway, I'm pleased, and, I look forward to staying up late, sleeping late, roaming around Chicago a bit, seeing some movies, watching DVDs, reading, listening to a lot of new music and hanging out with some of my new friends here in Chicago. :)

I thought you were scheduled for a rampage or two?

Dalton said:

I don't speak "crazy" all that well, but here goes:

"Please don't cancel The 4400. You see, I live in my mom's basement surviving only on her hatred and easy cheese. I'm terrified of real people, so I base my understanding of the world on "politically insightful shows". If you take this show away from me, it will be like killing a member of my family.

Please don't take away my hope."

Then it falls into a level of crazyness that I can't translate. Something about George Bush putting bugs in his ear.

The best thing is that even other nerds start to make fun of him.

Joy to the world ...

:lmao: He's one scary guy! Jeez..

Sorry if I come across as overly-cynical (I’ve never been a pot-smoking hippie leftist)

I'd say its high time that we all chip in and buy this guys some weed. Chill the fuck out!

Seriously, who lives in Toronto? Dave? I'll wire up some money. Let's get this guy the mellow before he blows something up.

There should be a drinking game about everytime Muldfeld uses the phrase "political insight."

I'm considering going to the 4400 thread and saying, "You know what? I think that USA's poor advertising for the show and the lack of budget money really contributed to the problems this show had. What do you guys think? Also, Ira Behr is still so damn witty and politically insightful. I wonder who would win if he fought Chris Carter."

phillyfan26 said:
I'm considering going to the 4400 thread and saying, "You know what? I think that USA's poor advertising for the show and the lack of budget money really contributed to the problems this show had. What do you guys think? Also, Ira Behr is still so damn witty and politically insightful. I wonder who would win if he fought Chris Carter."

That's stupid. Chris Carter would win easily. He's really fit.

Finally, in Kyle, we have an example of lost youth searching for meaning in life, as I and so many other Muslims and non-Muslims are. Like many vulnerable people, Kyle finds comfort and guidance in a seemingly sound movement. His behavior has very relevant parallels to, most obviously, Islamic fundamentalism, but also to fundamentalism in other religions. Zionist Jews lobbied for the war in Iraq, according to a Bill Moyers discussion, and have long supporting Israel’s occupation and ethnic cleansing of Palestinians. Although the 4400 didn’t terrorize people out of their homes in creating “Promise City”, the expansion of their city’s borders is similar to the expansion of those of Israel beyond the zone accepted by the UN. Additionally, apt parallels can be drawn to politically-active Christian fundamentalists, like the Christian Coalition, who don’t need to use terrorism to achieve their objectives. They employ the arm of the state to wage war on the Middle East; push for discrimination against nations whose leaders stand up to American power in their people’s interests, like Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro; support the most right wing elements in Israel; and effectively insist on the incompatibility between their kind of Christianity and all others faiths, especially Islam. Moreover, Kyle stands in stark contrast to Jordan’s practicality in being more ideologically committed, yet still torn over the means to achieving paradise. By placing characters in situations similar to many Muslims and other discriminated minorities, viewers are able to sympathize with them and see how they might behave the same way. In so doing, the black and white homogenizing assumptions with which the US mainstream media unconsciously portrays the Muslim world are dispelled through “The 4400.”

This paragraphs for you, NSW.

Yeah, I read one thread, the 3am one, and when I realized there was a fucking scroll WITHIN THE INDIVIDUAL post, I bailed, man. Dude's writing manifestos on this shit. The sad part is, the show really wasn't THAT good. In fact, no show has ever been THAT good. Star Wars is not THAT good - and I loved Star Wars, man. I bought a boba fett figure yesterday - for myself. But Boba Fett himself isn't THAT good.

Back
Top Bottom