The Temple Bar - This is how you start a thread, bitches - UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:

If the temple bar were a sports team, I would say that Lynook, pfan, LemonMac and LemonMelon are the rookie phenoms. They need to step up to the plate more in 2k8, increase posting productivity while maintaining their high level of quality. The future of this place is resting with you guys. I see great things coming from you all. :hi5:

We've also had a few players retire from the Bar, which is the nature of things.

Let's hope the early success of our rookie crop does not lead to a disappointing sophomore effort due to loss of focus.

VintagePunk said:
I just asked her to download Breakfast at Tiffanys. I've had an inexplicable urge to watch that for the past few days. I only first saw it about a year ago, I'm ashamed to admit.

She just informed me that at her uni's poster and dvd sales, there's a ton of Audrey Hepburn crap for sale these days. She must be like a new retro cultural icon, or something.

I think that every 10 years or so, another generation discovers her, and she gets popular all over again.

No spoken words said:

We've also had a few players retire from the Bar, which is the nature of things.

Let's hope the early success of our rookie crop does not lead to a disappointing sophomore effort due to loss of focus.

Well, it's a long season, you're bound to have some casualities along the way. Some people just get tired, others lose their love for the game. But I'm liking what I see with these recruits and I think that the team will be better in the long run. Some players will be missed, but cest la vie. This team is organic and dynamic and it must change and evolve.

Kat needs to sign on for next season though. This contract dispute she's embroiled in is ridiculous. She knows if she holds out long enough she could probably make a killing, and she's probably right, but it's not good for the morale of the team. She was a captain and I for one do not appreciate the example she's setting. Then again, it's just business, nothing personal, right?

OH - elfa is getting docked his 4th Qr bonus pay. He's not even coming to practice anymore. We're talking about practice. Why can't he come to practice? Is he too good for practice? Are we talking about practice?

Last edited:
UberBeaver said:

Well, it's a long season, you're bound to have some casualities along the way. Some people just get tired, others lose their love for the game. But I'm liking what I see with these recruits and I think that the team will be better in the long run. Some players will be missed, but cest la vie. This team is organic and dynamic and it must change and evolve.

Kat needs to sign on for next season though. This contract dispute she's embroiled in is ridiculous. She knows if she holds out long enough she could probably make a killing, and she's probably right, but it's not good for the morale of the team. She was a captain and I for one do not appreciate the example she's setting. Then again, it's just business, nothing personal, right?

Kat's agent is responsible for the situation. I think that if we could start a direct dialogue with her, we'd get things negotiated a lot more quickly. Her loyalty to the Bar should outweigh all financial considerations.

I think the recruits have given the Bar a youthful shot in the arm, which was what we needed.

No spoken words said:

Kat's agent is responsible for the situation. I think that if we could start a direct dialogue with her, we'd get things negotiated a lot more quickly. Her loyalty to the Bar should outweigh all financial considerations.

I'm calling bullshit. If she's not smart enough to take control back from her agent, she probably wasn't worth her salt to begin with.

No spoken words said:

Well, me, for starters.

Shame. Hippopotamus amphibus has few opportunities to participate during the holiday season and take to the streets in a stampede of caroling and aquatic finger foods. Don't be a mean man.

:sad:

No spoken words said:

I think the recruits have given the Bar a youthful shot in the arm, which was what we needed.

I dunno, rumour has it that's she's been seen with the RandOOoooMMmmmMm ownership team. Not too long ago I heard that Decribe was making an offer. And FOX Sports said that the Octagon Bar might be looking to make a play - a perennial all star like that you could get a thread up and running, no doubt. And then once she signs, who knows what's gonna happen here. I bet elfa will sign on with one of those other threads, no good disappearing back stabbing curator of awful threads. :tsk: FIRE ELFA! FIRE ELFA! FIRE ELFA! It's like a Knicks game up in here - speaking of which, I have never wanted to see a Knicks game more than I do right now. What a disaster they are. lol.

lynnok said:

Shame. Hippopotamus amphibus has few opportunities to participate during the holiday season and take to the streets in a stampede of caroling and aquatic finger foods. Don't be a mean man.

:sad:

I would never stand in the way of anyone, or anything, really, trying to celebrate the holidays. Let alone something that could kill me with ease. I just don't want to hear that song.

Here, watch this instead:

http://www.funlol.com/funpages/santa-badger.html

UberBeaver said:

I dunno, rumour has it that's she's been seen with the RandOOoooMMmmmMm ownership team. Not too long ago I heard that Decribe was making an offer. And FOX Sports said that the Octagon Bar might be looking to make a play - a perennial all star like that you could get a thread up and running, no doubt. And then once she signs, who knows what's gonna happen here. I bet elfa will sign on with one of those other threads, no good disappearing back stabbing curator of awful threads. :tsk: FIRE ELFA! FIRE ELFA! FIRE ELFA! It's like a Knicks game up in here - speaking of which, I have never wanted to see a Knicks game more than I do right now. What a disaster they are. lol.

There are few modern parallels to the current Knick situation. Unfuckingreal.

The badger is OK but the fact it never ends bumps it up to stupendous. It's sure to be a hit Christmas morning along with the two gallons of water I'm leaving out for Santa this year.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

:hyper:

Later Dalt...:wave:

Nice playlist there Reg :sexywink:

<<<think we're headed to the movies. No Interferer's reviews yet of the gore/violence in R-rated Sweeney Todd, so we'll be seeing the Alvin & The Chipmunks movie shortly :happy: Then return to decorating the Christmas tree & such.

← listening to Tom Petty til I have to leave :rockon:

wow, late arrival there pfan :wave:

yellow_sweater.jpg

:happy:

UberBeaver said:
If the temple bar were a sports team, I would say that Lynook, pfan, LemonMac and LemonMelon are the rookie phenoms. They need to step up to the plate more in 2k8, increase posting productivity while maintaining their high level of quality. The future of this place is resting with you guys. I see great things coming from you all. :hi5:

Well, here's my thoughts.

I think we need to get LMP and LM signed up to multi-year deals. They've been showing here pretty infrequently, especially LMP. Those ten day contracts and shit aren't locking up their services. We need to show them that we're ready to make a real commitment to them, and that we value their talents and their Tremendous Upside Potential. They're valuable posters, as has been shown by their college play in Space Moon: The Moon in Space and the Critical Analyses thread (somewhat). The question is, do they have what it takes to be in the UYMFA gang?

Lila64 said:
wow, late arrival there pfan :wave:

I'm going to be infrequent this weekend: we have company staying over and my room is the victim, so I have no access to my computer. Thus, I'll be doing posting from the general family computer which will have multiple people fighting for it.

We'll see what happens, guys.

phillyfan26 said:

I'm going to be infrequent this weekend: we have company staying over and my room is the victim, so I have no access to my computer. Thus, I'll be doing posting from the general family computer which will have multiple people fighting for it.

We'll see what happens, guys.

I'll tell you what happens:

You're going to be destroyed.

I think. I don't really know, actually.

Maybe, as you say, you'll just post less.

I just went to the 4400 message board to read up on Muldfeld, just for the hell of it.

Holy shit.

Heroes: Ira Steven Behr, Ronald D. Moore, Chris Carter.

Blog Post: "Writing the most politically-insightful show in history."

Just wanted to post a link to this interview in which Ron Moore discusses political commentary, writing morally-ambigiuous characters, among other things on the show. I should be clear that, when Ron Moore refers to his work on Star Trek, he means Star Trek: The Next Generation, which he often criticizes. He has had nothing but positive experiences on Deep Space Nine, the most politcally-insightful of Trek (in many ways, an early incarnation of BSG in how it approached story themes and character). He even learned his open-minded managing style from the executive producer and head writer from Season 3 onward, Ira Steven Behr.

Back
Top Bottom