The Temple Bar - This is how you start a thread, bitches - UYMFA - Page 42 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2007, 11:29 PM   #616
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

I do this as well. I always write to rhyme. I feel like it's best to go for it the first time.

I've written over 150 songs, and I've never done it before, so it's interesting. The song I wrote is called "Rubble" and it's from me listening to "The Birth and Death of a Day" by Explosions in the Sky.
I write a lot of bad poems, PFan. A lot of them. Sometimes I post then in this thread.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:33 PM   #617
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:43 AM
When I say 150, it's certainly not complete. I'd say half are probably worthless. When I was 15 I spent a month just writing songs, and since then I've sporadically written some more. There are some good ones in there, I like to think.

I don't think I've ever shared the lyrics with anyone. If I ever get involved in a band, I'd certainly pick some to work with.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:34 PM   #618
Blue Crack Supplier

I usually say "hey, should I write a poem" and someone in here says "yes" and before the others can say "no" I go and write one.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:36 PM   #619
Blue Crack Supplier

Well, yours seem to be of the comedy variety. I find it much easier to do that. I do a lot of those for school. I did a song for my history class about WWI to the tune of "Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros" that was quite funny.

Most of what I does is serious and personal, though. Hence, no one's read them.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:37 PM   #620
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Well, yours seem to be of the comedy variety. I find it much easier to do that. I do a lot of those for school. I did a song for my history class about WWI to the tune of "Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros" that was quite funny.

Most of what I does is serious and personal, though. Hence, no one's read them.
I'm just fucking with you.

I've been writing poems, stories, etc, of the serious variety, since I was 10 or so.....right up until now....very very few people have seen any of my actual serious stuff, for myriad reasons. I write poorly, at least, I write poorly when I'm being creative...but, it's cathartic and I enjoy the process, so I'll always do it.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:41 PM   #621
Blue Crack Addict

hey guys, quick question: what is the name of the sports announcer that bites hookers?
Old 12-23-2007, 11:42 PM   #622
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
hey guys, quick question: what is the name of the sports announcer that bites hookers?
Marv Albert, but, that was one hooker, and years ago.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:44 PM   #623
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

Marv Albert, but, that was one hooker, and years ago.

ah yes! that's right. my friend and i couldn't remember his name.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:45 PM   #624
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by unico

ah yes! that's right. my friend and i couldn't remember his name.
Beff?
Old 12-23-2007, 11:47 PM   #625
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:43 AM
Quote:

I write a lot of bad poems, PFan. A lot of them. Sometimes I post then in this thread.

sometimes? you mean there are more?

this movie is great. it merits a second watching.

how the hell do you misplace a melonballer?

and chocolate cleanup is no fun by yourself : pout:
Old 12-23-2007, 11:49 PM   #626
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I'm just fucking with you.

I've been writing poems, stories, etc, of the serious variety, since I was 10 or so.....right up until now....very very few people have seen any of my actual serious stuff, for myriad reasons. I write poorly, at least, I write poorly when I'm being creative...but, it's cathartic and I enjoy the process, so I'll always do it.
I figured so. I think anyone who can do rhymes with comedy can do rhymes with seriousness. If you can rhyme that quickly, you've got some natural talent. All you gotta do then is really channel emotion.

I don't know if it's cathartic for me. I don't feel better about problems just because I've written about them, which is why I don't keep private journals or anything. Even when I was young, my parents would say that if I was mad, I should "go punch a pillow" or something. But that never worked. I like to openly argue things out. I like to let everyone know how I feel and why. So, my songwriting has never really been about trying to make myself feel better about something. It's been more like trying to poetically describe my feelings, sometimes in hopes that it can give me clearer view of how to express something better in words. But usually I don't think about it like that. I don't know if it's ever really helped me at all. I don't really think about songwriting in terms of value to me. It's something I do in hopes that one day I can play them publicly and release them. They're only private now because I want the versions people see to be the best they can be. None of my songs have music for them, and I want to make sure the music fits the tone. It's like one big work in progress that I don't know will ever get done.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:50 PM   #627
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Beff?
nah. Beff hasn't signed on since she moved up to your hood........hmm...
Old 12-23-2007, 11:50 PM   #628
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

All you gotta do then is really channel emotion.

and that's where all is lost for our dear friend NSW
Old 12-23-2007, 11:52 PM   #629
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

I figured so. I think anyone who can do rhymes with comedy can do rhymes with seriousness. If you can rhyme that quickly, you've got some natural talent. All you gotta do then is really channel emotion.

I don't know if it's cathartic for me. I don't feel better about problems just because I've written about them, which is why I don't keep private journals or anything. Even when I was young, my parents would say that if I was mad, I should "go punch a pillow" or something. But that never worked. I like to openly argue things out. I like to let everyone know how I feel and why. So, my songwriting has never really been about trying to make myself feel better about something. It's been more like trying to poetically describe my feelings, sometimes in hopes that it can give me clearer view of how to express something better in words. But usually I don't think about it like that. I don't know if it's ever really helped me at all. I don't really think about songwriting in terms of value to me. It's something I do in hopes that one day I can play them publicly and release them. They're only private now because I want the versions people see to be the best they can be. None of my songs have music for them, and I want to make sure the music fits the tone. It's like one big work in progress that I don't know will ever get done.

you seem like the kind of kid who can do anything they want. eventually if you want them known you'll find a way.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:54 PM   #630
Blue Crack Supplier

I've been trying to start or join a band for a while. It just hasn't worked out. People are busy as hell during junior year.