The Temple Bar - This is how you start a thread, bitches - UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:

I really can be anti-social, though, and, it took a lot of effort to actually show up to the bar that day.

oh i've no doubt of that. buildup and anticipation suck hardcore. but once you're in you're a natural. and although you probably have pterodactyls flying around in your stomach at the time, it certainly doesn't show.

unico said:

oh i've no doubt of that. buildup and anticipation suck hardcore. but once you're in you're a natural. and although you probably have pterodactyls flying around in your stomach at the time, it certainly doesn't show.

By the time we got to the pizza place, I was 100% fine, but at first, it was difficult. I did not even realize that someone was buying Sprite for me.

No spoken words said:

I really can be anti-social, though, and, it took a lot of effort to actually show up to the bar that day.

I hear ya. Unless I know a person incredibly well, I have the personality and humor of a wood block. :yes:

No spoken words said:

By the time we got to the pizza place, I was 100% fine, but at first, it was difficult. I did not even realize that someone was buying Sprite for me.

you seemed pretty cool with it at the bar. even if you are anxious, you hide it well. and, you should also remember that there's really no need to be :) if people don't like you for who you are, fuck 'em!

No spoken words said:

but not a lot of effort to ignore drinks being bought for you. :mad:

No spoken words said:

I should have read this first.

although you did it later at the bar again :tsk:

unico said:

you seemed pretty cool with it at the bar. even if you are anxious, you hide it well. and, you should also remember that there's really no need to be :) if people don't like you for who you are, fuck 'em!

Ohhhhhhhh, you mistake things. I don't care if people like me or not. That's not it all. If someone meets me and dislikes me, who fucking cares. I just am not used to "knowing" people via digital means then meeting them. Foreign experience.

No spoken words said:

Ohhhhhhhh, you mistake things. I don't care if people like me or not. That's not it all. If someone meets me and dislikes me, who fucking cares. I just am not used to "knowing" people via digital means then meeting them. Foreign experience.

So it is only in the "meeting the internet people" situations that the anti-social, shy, etc. comes up?

unico said:

Rage Ave. is where we rock rough and stuff

Sweet, now I'm in the know. :up:

One day, when Mia and I finally get to hang out...that will live in infamy. :wink: I definitely need to get my ass down to DC for one of the gatherings.

No spoken words said:

i hear you. that happened to me at itth last year. it was awful, and in the end I couldn't bring myself to introduce myself to people (who i love now and can't believe I wasted the time getting to know them), but I was almost physically ill over it. it's weird, I can do so much on my own, but sometimes have this crippling shyness.

a block of wood LM? really? I can't picture that!

unico said:

So it is only in the "meeting the internet people" situations that the anti-social, shy, etc. comes up?

For the most part.....when meeting new people, friends of friends, etc, I can be a bit shy, but it's not a big deal......business-wise, I meet people all the time who I've spoken to over the phone only, and it's natural....but meeting you and Mike and Liz was a bit different...but I went, and, was glad I did so.

No spoken words said:

For the most part.....when meeting new people, friends of friends, etc, I can be a bit shy, but it's not a big deal......business-wise, I meet people all the time who I've spoken to over the phone only, and it's natural....but meeting you and Mike and Liz was a bit different...but I went, and, was glad I did so.

Okay then meeting Beff wouldn't be a problem, m i rite? Or are you just sincerely not interested. If so then why bring up the excuses????? :angry:

snowbunny00774 said:

i hear you. that happened to me at itth last year. it was awful, and in the end I couldn't bring myself to introduce myself to people (who i love now and can't believe I wasted the time getting to know them), but I was almost physically ill over it. it's weird, I can do so much on my own, but sometimes have this crippling shyness.

a block of wood LM? really? I can't picture that!

Hawaii was harder, cos there was nothing pre-arranged one night....well, I mean, there was a general gathering at some bar, but, not with anyone I agreed to meet up with, you know? I just went down there and introduced myself to a few people, which was fucking bizarre but worth it. When I met you guys, it was hard, but, there was a distinct place, time, etc, and that made things a little easier....

Popping in to wish you all a good, safe holiday.

Just because I'm "meh" doesn't mean I want you all to have a "meh" holiday. :wink:

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom