The Temple Bar - This is how you start a thread, bitches - UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
unico said:
don't worry liz, it looks like the weather is mad in buff too. windy and pouring rain on tv.

that's what i meant. I want to be there. it makes for the best games. I know it's a sore subject but it's fun to be miserable, isn't it?

how far is buffalo from where you are? if all goes well (which...it usually doesn't anyway) then i hope to be going to school there in august. can buffalo substitute for scotland? or is that not an option?

no, we hire a driver and a van. bring portable stoves and stuff for the tailgating. I make pots of chili, and we have a bbq for burgers, sausages etc. we bring extra cases of cdn beer and trade them for whatever other people have that we want/forgot etc. the shit weather makes it even better as it brings everyone together and you're usually prepared for it so it's not a big deal.
so fun. and they've never lost a game i've been at so that's why i should be there today :(

when i make enough money i wanna get a pimped out trailer and tailgate for vt games. it'd be veggie-friendly stuff though. none of that sausage madness :angry:

i'm sorry you didn't get to go. that really sucks. next time call my ass up, i'd love to join in on the action!

unico said:
when i make enough money i wanna get a pimped out trailer and tailgate for vt games. it'd be veggie-friendly stuff though. none of that sausage madness :angry:

i'm sorry you didn't get to go. that really sucks. next time call my ass up, i'd love to join in on the action!

Oh yeah. Nothing says "Football tailgate" like some nice tofu.

Oy Vey.

1/2 time just about over, back to the game....

Oh, Snow, your trips down to Buffalo sound awesome. :drool:

phillyfan26 said:
I'm getting a lot of iTunes gift cards and am wondering how to spend them, guys.

Mike made the same kinda thread earlier this year as a way to try and make friends. I took the bait and got suckered. But now that we are friends, and I have a better idea of what he likes, he's getting a tofu log for his bday next year.

Last edited:
unico said:

Mike made the same kinda thread earlier this year as a way to try and make friends. I took the bait and got suckered. But now that we are friends, and I have a better idea of what he likes, he's getting a tofu log for his bday next year.

Actually, I made the thread as a way to spend my Itunes dollars, and it was a good idea....bought a lot of great stuff based on that thread.

I'm not capable of making friends. I'm an anti-social miscreant.

I hate when there are a bunch of meaningless afternoon football games on....though, the late game does have some meaning, at least.

So far, I've spent most of the things on Bowie, Arcade Fire, RHCP, DMB, and Explosions in the Sky. I had most of what I wanted from U2 and Springsteen.

Do you have Funeral by Arcade Fire? OK Computer? Stuff by Led Zeppelin? Downward is Heavenwards by HUM? Anything by the MC5? Van MOrrison? Jane's Addiction? OH - Surfer Rosa and/or Doolittle by the Pixies. I think you'd like Doolittle, but Surfer Rosa came first. And it might take a few listens, but they're awesome.

<<<hasn't seen Superbad yet either. Or Knocked Up for that matter. Must be a Temple Bar thing that almost all of us haven't seen it.

<<iTunes? :hmm: Depends what your style of music is pfan. I was gonna say Led Zeppelin, but someone beat me to it.

UberBeaver said:
Do you have Funeral by Arcade Fire? OK Computer? Stuff by Led Zeppelin? Downward is Heavenwards by HUM? Anything by the MC5? Van MOrrison? Jane's Addiction? OH - Surfer Rosa and/or Doolittle by the Pixies. I think you'd like Doolittle, but Surfer Rosa came first. And it might take a few listens, but they're awesome.

Do yourself a favor and skip Hum, PFan.

Douche bag.

Not a big Hum fan.

Disintegration and most of the other stuff you listed are great, though.

Ok, I'll name one band. Catherine Wheel. If you are stuck for what else to buy, try them out. Get Chrome or Ferment. Even Beav likes them.

Hey pfan, Carbon Leaf is a local favorite here. Their best albums so far have been the latest 2. I highly recommend. Unless you are Alicia in disguise. Not a fan. They play in Philly sometimes, and are great live.

ETA: here's a preview. if your soul hasn't been moved today it will be.

Last edited:
oh and snow, collards are a green leafy vegetable, kinda like spinach or lettuce. but they're loaded with energy and yumminess. i usually just steam some and add lemon juice. they are quite flavorful as is and don't really need much to be added.

unico said:
Unless you are Alicia in disguise. Not a fan.

:lol:

You act like I spew hatred for them everywhere I go. I haven't cared for what I heard and that's enough not to make me curious to hear more. That's all, I swear.

Back
Top Bottom