The Temple Bar - The Week of the Leak1!! Who Cares!??11! UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to be a die-hard fan while at the same time being mostly sane. I really want to read through some of these Q or RS magazine threads, but when you get 3 pages in and people are talking about whether Get Your Boots On (Or, Get on Your Boots, who the fuck knows which is right) is a great first single or not, because they listened to largely indecipherable beach clips and have general descriptions from journalists, how can you keep reading? I know that this is a U2 fan site, and the enthusiasm they have is great, as they risk getting mocked by some of our more cynical and smarmy posters (I'm one of those too, but usually direct my remarks elsewhere), but I'd just like to see a dash of reality mixed in with their zeal. That's all.

The album is going to come out, and people are going to be so excited for about one minute then they'll start picking all the songs apart and start bitching and moaning about how much U2 sucks. I really miss the old school days when everyone was just happy to get new music and it was fun to be excited.

The album is going to come out, and people are going to be so excited for about one minute then they'll start picking all the songs apart and start bitching and moaning about how much U2 sucks. I really miss the old school days when everyone was just happy to get new music and it was fun to be excited.

Can you imagine the bitching that would have occurred here in 1991 when people first learned of the title Achtung Baby and song titles like "Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World", "Even Better Than The Real Thing", or "Zoo Station"? It would have been unbearable. But look what happened—AB is generally considered to be a classic album, regardless of the song titles.

:shrug:

I can safely say Interference has had no impact on my view of U2's albums. Interference has helped me find great live U2 stuff, I'll give it that.

Can you imagine the bitching that would have occurred here in 1991 when people first learned of the title Achtung Baby and song titles like "Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World", "Even Better Than The Real Thing", or "Zoo Station"? It would have been unbearable. But look what happened—AB is generally considered to be a classic album, regardless of the song titles.

:shrug:

Ha, people would've been committing mass suicide. :p

Hey kaf :flirt:

Rob33? is that you?

:lmao:

It's hard to be a die-hard fan while at the same time being mostly sane. I really want to read through some of these Q or RS magazine threads, but when you get 3 pages in and people are talking about whether Get Your Boots On (Or, Get on Your Boots, who the fuck knows which is right) is a great first single or not, because they listened to largely indecipherable beach clips and have general descriptions from journalists, how can you keep reading? I know that this is a U2 fan site, and the enthusiasm they have is great, as they risk getting mocked by some of our more cynical and smarmy posters (I'm one of those too, but usually direct my remarks elsewhere), but I'd just like to see a dash of reality mixed in with their zeal. That's all.

:love:

There seem to be two extremes around here - either the overblown obsession of WTAHNN, or the jaded cynics who delight in picking everything apart, and bitching about how U2 have sold out/are no longer relevant/haven't done anything good since [insert pre-2000 album title here]. There are very few who have found a middle ground, and thank goodness many of us who have come to this thread.

There seem to be two extremes around here - either the overblown obsession of WTAHNN, or the jaded cynics who delight in picking everything apart, and bitching about how U2 have sold out/are no longer relevant/haven't done anything good since [insert pre-2000 album title here]. There are very few who have found a middle ground, and thank goodness many of us who have come to this thread.

:yes: I like most of their stuff, some more than the rest. Have always been a fan, not a superfan or anything, and am really looking forward to seeing what they have done with themselves now. Eyeliner and all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom