The Temple Bar ~ The #1 Enemy of Art UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wanted to go to the Ireland-Italy game in New York City in 1994, but I was 16 and had no money. :wink:

Seeing a World Cup game between two of New York's biggest communities in New York would have been incredible. Actually, I think Larry Mullen and Adam were at that game too.

Zoots, why do you root for Germany instead of, say, Italy? :wink: Come on, man. Forza Azzurri!!

Well, my obsession with football started in Italia 90 when Beckenbauer's boys Klinsmann, Mattheus and Völler were in top form and took the cup home! Add to that, my own interest in German language and culture plus U2 recording a couple of albums themed in that general area... it all added up. Been supporting them ever since. I know it sounds kinda nuts. :wink: I've always liked the Italian team though. So many great players over the years! :drool:

Well, my obsession with football started in Italia 90 when Beckenbauer's boys Klinsmann, Mattheus and Völler were in top form and took the cup home! Add to that, my own interest in German language and culture plus U2 recording a couple of albums themed in that general area... it all added up. Been supporting them ever since. I know it sounds kinda nuts. :wink: I've always liked the Italian team though. So many great players over the years! :drool:

Well, I suppose there's a certain "logic" to that. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom