The Temple Bar ~ The #1 Enemy of Art UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok kids I'm off to the stadium to watch the Toronto FC-Montreal Impact soccer (football?) match. And, like anything else, Montreal will kick Toronto's ass back down the 401. :wink:

Later all! :wave:

Again, I couldn't resist. It's stronger than me. :)

I haven't really explored much of it to be honest, save for the running. I'm kinda reluctant to do the social night scene thing on my own in a place I'm unfamiliar with. I get the feeling that my southern accent is like a neon N00B sign blinking at everyone.

So, I've just been going to class and studying. :sigh: But, on the plus side, I made a friend today (haha sounds so preschool!) He's my lab partner, and from Canada. It turns out he's in my doctoral program too! He's like me, just starting out, so taking some pre-reqs over the summer. So, I'm thinking as class progresses we'll get to chat more. And then I can chat with others. Then who knows, I might have a community again!

How've you been? Is it time to pimp out the kittens yet?

:lol: How true about the whole making new friends in school thing! With me, it was hard being older than most of them. I did start to make friends once I got into the upper year honours classes - a few of them around my age, and even some of the kiddies. :cute: It was just a whole different experience for me than for most of them. I'd get invited out after class and stuff, but since I lived an hour away and had a kid to get home to, it was kind of hard.

Well past the time to pimp kittens. :sigh: So far, we've hung up an ad in one vet's office. We're supposed to take the ad around to other offices, but haven't gotten around it it yet. :shh:

:lol: How true about the whole making new friends in school thing! With me, it was hard being older than most of them. I did start to make friends once I got into the upper year honours classes - a few of them around my age, and even some of the kiddies. :cute: It was just a whole different experience for me than for most of them. I'd get invited out after class and stuff, but since I lived an hour away and had a kid to get home to, it was kind of hard.

Well past the time to pimp kittens. :sigh: So far, we've hung up an ad in one vet's office. We're supposed to take the ad around to other offices, but haven't gotten around it it yet. :shh:

Wow, that does sound hard. That's admirable you went to school while taking care of Sarah. I'm sure it was difficult at times, but you totally rock.

Am I reading into things, or are you reconsidering the pimping thing? :wink:

I don't try so hard and then it all comes to me...:yes:

Over analyzing sux...:down:

So it's kind of a Zen thing? :hmm:

No I'm not talking about a temporary phase. I'm wondering if the way I used to get excited in the 90s is just gone... forever! Granted, I got exposed to them in the 90s and didn't know as much about them back then than I do now. I think with more knowledge and exposure, the excitement dies down maybe?

I think you could be right about exposure, or in the case of hanging around here a lot, probably over-exposure. I think it's sometimes hard for some of the more critical people around here to remember that the handful of fans on this site are a very small cross section of overall fans, and that because we/they choose to sort of overexpose ourselves, and then become bored with certain aspects of the band and their music doesn't mean that every fan feels the same way.

I'm probably not even making sense. :huh:

It just seems to me that lately, I've been reading so much criticism around here, far more than fawning, that reading enthusiastic posts for a change is nice. :)

Wow, that does sound hard. That's admirable you went to school while taking care of Sarah. I'm sure it was difficult at times, but you totally rock.

Am I reading into things, or are you reconsidering the pimping thing? :wink:

She was such a good kid that she made it easy. :) There were some terms that were so overwhelming, I felt guilty about not giving her enough attention, but she was very understanding.

Well, we're keeping 3 of them, Sarah's dad is taking one, and the other two, I really don't want to let them go, but I know I have to. :sad: It would make it SO much easier if someone we know could take them. Probably a year from now, we'll be sitting around saying "we really should get those ads out to the other offices..."

See ya. :hug:

The clip, that I haven't heard, is probably the best I've heard Bono sing since the first Mount Temple show I never saw...:up:

Zoo TV Bono sucked...so did Vertigo Bono...:down:

Mount Temple/Dublin Stadium Bono...:up:...fo shizzle

I can definitely hear the chorus "coming to the surface of your love" or whatever and the repeating guitar melody. It's not as inaudible as I expected from people's posts. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom