The Temple Bar ~ The #1 Enemy of Art UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I seem to have lost my U2 mojo. I just downloaded the clip of the new song from EYKIW and I honestly can't get excited about it. I don't see what all the fuss is about. I remember being so-oooo excited when the beach clips came out a couple of years ago, but now I'm just bleh. :shrug:

I can't hear it well enough to make anything out of it :shrug: :reject:

You can hear it a bit better with headphones. Not clearly or anything, but enough, in parts, to give you a vague impression. I really like it.

I've got headphones + itunes volume adjustment and I can still barely hear it with the volume all the way up...

The song (from what I can make out) sounds good, but I would rather wait for something a little more clear next time...

Haha I love how everyone is going crazy with excitement over at that forum! :cute:

I'm not at all in any hurry to listen to it. Maybe sometime tonight.

It's kind of frustrating, like *really* hearing it is just out of grasp. Sort of like trying to remember a dream as you're waking up, but it slips away.

Zoot's back in Mr. Negativity mode, I see. :cute:

Somebody should fart into a microphone, record it and upload it. It'll literally prove that even if U2 does that exact same thing, some people will still buy it.

Not trying to be negative but the over-the-top fawning that goes on in that forum is not for me. Over analyses... :crack:

Yeah, that probably does happen quite a bit. But on the other hand, it *is* a fan forum. What's wrong with people getting excited? :)

I'm just sort of over the whole critical, uninterested vibe around here. It's really starting to get old. :shrug:

Yeah, that probably does happen quite a bit. But on the other hand, it *is* a fan forum. What's wrong with people getting excited? :)

I'm just sort of over the whole critical, uninterested vibe around here. It's really starting to get old. :shrug:

VP! *glomps*
Yeah I agree. I have been looking forward to a new album for awhile, and although this isn't exactly CD quality audio, it did make me happy today that it's almost here.

:lmao:

VP, maybe I have grown out of that phase when I would get excited at anything U2 related. Maybe it's me.

Yeah, I get that. There have been times I've been all U2ed out, and have paid very little attention. I think when WITS came out, I listened to it once, shrugged, and then never heard it again except the odd time on the radio. When that happens, I just stay out of the specifically U2 forums.

Over the past couple of months, I've been getting excited about the new album though. It's time.

Mia!! :wavessoutheast: How's lovely (heh) Buffalo treating you?

I haven't really explored much of it to be honest, save for the running. I'm kinda reluctant to do the social night scene thing on my own in a place I'm unfamiliar with. I get the feeling that my southern accent is like a neon N00B sign blinking at everyone.

So, I've just been going to class and studying. :sigh: But, on the plus side, I made a friend today (haha sounds so preschool!) He's my lab partner, and from Canada. It turns out he's in my doctoral program too! He's like me, just starting out, so taking some pre-reqs over the summer. So, I'm thinking as class progresses we'll get to chat more. And then I can chat with others. Then who knows, I might have a community again!

How've you been? Is it time to pimp out the kittens yet?

Yeah, I get that. There have been times I've been all U2ed out, and have paid very little attention. I think when WITS came out, I listened to it once, shrugged, and then never heard it again except the odd time on the radio. When that happens, I just stay out of the specifically U2 forums.

No I'm not talking about a temporary phase. I'm wondering if the way I used to get excited in the 90s is just gone... forever! Granted, I got exposed to them in the 90s and didn't know as much about them back then than I do now. I think with more knowledge and exposure, the excitement dies down maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom