The Temple Bar - Tap that butt, wax the cuts, pass the bucks...MUYFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, funny you should mention that - I freaked at one point when I leaned forward and looked down...my suit pulled my shirt all weird and I'm pretty sure the previous 10 mins was me leaning forward listening avidly as we went around the table :mortified:.

You'd think I had a back brace on for the rest of the meeting.

Why not bothered about Halloween Mad? It's a Friday and all...

so we can pretty much guarantee that for at least 10 min today noone was looking at your hair.

mornin amy

that's too bad, mad1! i'm not big on the candy meself, but the dressing up part is awesome. i'd love some fireworks though. big fan.

now hold on, if you intend to have six kids say, and triple-dress them all over a period of 5 nights for this time of year so that we never know the same kid twice when visiting us 50 times, then you are a very good business man. :up:

well see here Bunny? the kids are not really dressing up.

I mean, what we've had in the past is some wee buck with his jumper pulled up over his mouth asking if we 'have any money for Halloween'

my mum dressed my bro and I up when we were younger, but even then I was shy to go round askin for money! :D

we mainly give between 5p and 50p - thats it! if effort is made, perhaps more.

we dont really do the Trick or Treat here. the old Trick or Treat is more serious during Band Collection!

Money huh? When I was growing up in Dublin we got properly dressed up and went around asking "Help the halloween party" and the neighbours would give us all kinds of fruit and nuts and things. Never candy, unless some showoff had just come back from America :rolleyes: I don't think we ever got money.

I know it's changed a bit now, my aunt buys up all kinds of decoraty stuff when she's here and candy - to be one of those showoffs! I can't imagine what a kid would say if you tried to give them a walnut or a wine apple these days - other than having you arrested and the fruit put through an xray machine. God I'm donkeys years old .

now hold on, if you intend to have six kids say, and triple-dress them all over a period of 5 nights for this time of year so that we never know the same kid twice when visiting us 50 times, then you are a very good business man. :up:

AT most I see $250 a year coming out of this.

Hey 212 how did the test go?

yea Bunny, money, or we could give a sweet, but really kids get money so they can buy their own sweets, if they get more than a fiver on the night.

its tough here. Halloween is great for those with young ones. when you dont have or hang with - and you dont party much - you just stay in.

:)

Hey 212 how did the test go?

yea Bunny, money, or we could give a sweet, but really kids get money so they can buy their own sweets, if they get more than a fiver on the night.

its tough here. Halloween is great for those with young ones. when you dont have or hang with - and you dont party much - you just stay in.

:)

It's the same here really, and I live downtown so I rarely get kids to the door.
If it's a weekend night I might get dressed up and go out or to a party, but generally I just end up eating the crap myself, or hoping one last wee one comes by and I give them everything.

Elfa, never heard of them pet?

okay, basically about 10 mini fireworks (now we first got these in the 80s!), on a tray about the size of, oh I dunno - a large book. and so you just light one at a time and they would fizzle for like 5 seconds and then its over and you just go 'thats IT?'.
:up:

what, all of them Uber?

or one in particular?

they used to have a mini - oh gawd, whats the firework that moves in a circle.

this wee one worked for 5 seconds it was so funny!

LOL!

then years ago, big main fireworks were sold to anyone. now you need a license.

what, all of them Uber?

or one in particular?

they used to have a mini - oh gawd, whats the firework that moves in a circle.

this wee one worked for 5 seconds it was so funny!

LOL!

then years ago, big main fireworks were sold to anyone. now you need a license.

catherine wheel?

Elfa, never heard of them pet?

okay, basically about 10 mini fireworks (now we first got these in the 80s!), on a tray about the size of, oh I dunno - a large book. and so you just light one at a time and they would fizzle for like 5 seconds and then its over and you just go 'thats IT?'.
:up:

yeah, never had those... seems like a fire hazard

It was a little firework that "fizzled" for a few seconds, it sort of jumped around - looked a bit like a firey spider. However, we did not call them "indoor fireworks" because, well, that's nuts. But I'm sure we set them off on kitchen floors and stuff. I used to like them because you could see them coming, unlike bottle rockets which people used to shoot at you when you crossed the street and you didn't know where it was coming from, you jsut heard that whizzing sound* getting louder and louder and you'd panic and look around and then BAM. And then people would laugh. Fuckers. But yeah, jumping jacks were cool. They were like "kid friendly" back then. A step up from Sparklers.

*It's called the Doppler effect. FYI.

catherine wheel - thank you dear!

yep.

there was even one firework, some Rope type one. We lit it, and it went all gooey.

LOL!

I dont think they have them here now Elfa, it was something tried, and then people could use the bigger jobs.

we done it in the conservatory, on concrete you see.

gosh this even takes me back to the times of buying a book with listening tape!

101 Dalmations, you read as you listen at a wee bell would sound when you had to turn the page :lol:
:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom