The Temple Bar - Takin steps that make ya feel dizzy....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was okay, nothing special. My daughter wasn't feeling well all weekend, so we mostly just hung out and watched dvds. For our "celebration," my mom came down with temporary insanity and refused to go to my brother or sister's house, so I took her out to a rib joint for dinner on Monday...what she wanted. :huh: :lol:

For most Canadians, I think, it's not a super patriotic, huge celebration, like in the US...it's mostly just a day off, and an excuse to eat turkey.

Sweet! A day off is good enough, esp. if it contributes to a 3 day weekend! :drool:

Except here we get a 4 day weekend for thanksgiving usually. :love:

VintagePunk said:
We get a long weekend per month from April till Oct, inclusive, except for June. :drool:

:ohmy: Wow! Every single month in that period? On what occasion? Cos that's a good number of long weekends!

Various reasons, but several are just BS gov't made up days so that we can take days off during the nice weather, I think. April is easter (4 day weekend), May is Queen Victoria's b-day, July is Canada Day, Aug is some strange, undetermined day, Sept is Labour day, Oct is thanksgiving.

ETA - we don't actually do anything for any of these days, except go "yay! an extra day to drink beer and sleep in, eh?"

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:

:lol:

Damn I feel like some hot chocolate right now. brb.

Seriously. I have no fucking idea what the day is for, or what we're supposed to be doing, and I don't think anyone else does, either. We just take it, and don't really question. :wink:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

You said "fill me in"....:giggle:

It's pretty exciting unless you think U2 have "sold out" and "are after your last $" to make themselves richer than they already are...:mad:

I, myself am excited about it!!! :yes:

Hi Bri...:flirt:

Reg, I was so hoping you would be the one to fill me in.
It really wouldn't be the same if it had been anyone else....:flirt:

I stuffed my last dollar into Bono's pants......so they already have it. :angry:

And are you sure that it's it, that your are excited about? :sexywink:

</responding to posts that occurred long ago and are no longer relevent and utterly off topic>

Back
Top Bottom