The Temple Bar: Stuff and All That UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lynnok said:

Will it be "Take your Father to work day?"

Tomorrow, so he can see all the chaos that goes on during a Football Saturday.

No need to alert the media, Lila, I'm just happy to see him since I have not gotten to see a whole hell of a lot of my parents the last few years.

I joined the Army Reserves. I'm going to be an infantry signals operator in the 723rd Communications Squadron :)

I start either the 2nd or 3rd weekend in November, and go every Friday evening to Sunday afternoon till the end of the year for Basic Training.

DaveC said:
I joined the Army Reserves. I'm going to be an infantry signals operator in the 723rd Communications Squadron :)

I start either the 2nd or 3rd weekend in November, and go every Friday evening to Sunday afternoon till the end of the year for Basic Training.

That's kinda cool, in a brave and scary way. What made you decide to do that, and won't it interfere with school?

Enjoy the show tonight, Lila, I'm envious, I should have caught them when they were here in Sept.

VintagePunk said:

Enjoy the show tonight, Lila, I'm envious, I should have caught them when they were here in Sept.

you missed 'em? :tsk:

Last 2 nights of the U.S. tour I believe, tonight & tomorrow. Maybe I'll get lucky & go to both :hmm: Me=:hyper:

VintagePunk said:

That's kinda cool, in a brave and scary way. What made you decide to do that, and won't it interfere with school?

Yeah, I'm excited. Not really scary, though. I'm not going to be getting shot at. It's just the reserves so all I do is one three-hour training night a week on Thursdays and one full weekend (Fri night-Sun afternoon) every month. And it's all in Halifax, so school won't be a problem.

As to why I decided to do it, they'll give me a guaranteed full-time job next summer (I've been screwed by not being able to move a part-time job into full-time hours for the past few summers), and they'll give me $2000 for school at the end of the year just for being a member.

And that's not to mention all the many other personal benefits of military service, too.

:D

That's awesome Dave, sounds like a great opportunity, good for you! :up:

No, I didn't get to go, Lila, I was being all fiscally responsible, and shit. Again, enjoy your one, or possibly two shows. :angry:

:wink:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
It's cause girls love a man in uniform, isn't it, Dave? :lol:

Seriously, good luck, sounds like an awesome opportunity for you. :up:

Notice I did say "other personal benefits" :sexywink:

But really, I am going to be damn proud to wear that uniform. :up:

Back
Top Bottom