The Temple Bar: Stuff and All That UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I listened to the first 4 or 5 songs. I liked it well enough, but I miss when they rock out. I love the big build-ups they used to have like in Fake Plastic Trees and Exit Music, even Let Down when you think they're about to fall apart and then they somehow bring it all back together.

Since Kid A they've been more focused on making beautiful noise, which I appreciate, but I don't have the attention span to soak it all in (maybe if I "mellowed out" first....:sigh: ) . I love Kid A (Morning Bell has one of those awesome build ups), and I like Amnesiac, but I like the "rock group" radiohead better than the 6 man "symphony with guitars" radio.

Granted, I didn't get 1/2 way through yet, but I'm somewhat disappointed. Though "All I Want" is excellent.

Hey - you ever listen to "Downward is Heavenward" by Hum? It's a brilliant album that only like 293 people bought, most of them in the Champagne-Urbana area. I think you'd like it.

I don't think they'll ever make another The Bends or OK Computer, but, I think this album is their best since. I really like it a lot, especially after the let-down that was Hail to the Thief (disappointment to me, at least).

Beav, I listened to that Hum album you told me to listen to. It's pretty good.

Never heard of Hum... I'll have to give it a try...

I keep forgetting you are not a big U2 fan, I find the new RH the most U2ish of their previous works so I figure allot of people on this board might appreciate it.

hang in there, Reckoner and House Of Cards are beautiful (but not very up tempo so I can't guarantee if you'll like them though)

I'm on House of Cards now, actually. This is excellent. I like the Fish song too. It went from a 6 to a 7.5 in the past few minutes. Maybe the next time through will bring that up.

HUM sang that song "She missed the train to Mars, She's out back counting stars...." but that's on a different album. Downward is Heavenward is the one you want. Read the review below - I think you can listen to snippets as well.

http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:fzfpxqwjld6e

i like this album a lot. i haven't listened to radiohead since highschool. nude is my fav track off the album.

i don't know if i'm quite ready to visit their older stuff just yet, but i'd consider seeing a show when they tour. it'd be interesting to hear these live.

I couldn't think of where else to post this, so I will post it here.

I was at the bar last night with some friend when a minor scuffle broke out between two guys at the end of the bar.

At one point one of the guys yelled, "I will Kunta Kintay your ass motherfucker."

Really? really? Really.

This Radiohead album is taking my general meloncholy mood and steering it towards Depressed. :up: Good fucking album. Second listen definitely better than the first. But I need to cheer the fuck up and put on some Fishbone or some shit.

yeah, it isn't helping my mood either. but sometimes it is nice to find a piece of art that affirms how you're feeling. so i'll submerge myself in it for the time being.

listening to yatta will cheer you up!

Dalton said:
I couldn't think of where else to post this, so I will post it here.

I was at the bar last night with some friend when a minor scuffle broke out between two guys at the end of the bar.

At one point one of the guys yelled, "I will Kunta Kintay your ass motherfucker."

Really? really? Really.

Years ago, I actually saw/heard this:

Was at a dive bar, after work, with a lot of coworkers from my retail gig. We were all like 19, 20, but we knew the bar owner, so no problem getting in. Anyway, there were 2 groups of what you'd have called "guidos" back in 1989, hanging out at the bar. A few drinks later, and one from each group started talking shit about the Rangers/Islanders....eventually, it escalates and they are poised to fight. One of these clowns says "do you know who I am????", and the other, much bigger guy says "Yeah, I know who you are....you're DEAD" and he hits him on the top of the head with his beer mug, and then all hell breaks loose. Fun times in Yonkers.

UberBeaver said:
This Radiohead album is taking my general meloncholy mood and steering it towards Depressed. :up: Good fucking album. Second listen definitely better than the first. But I need to cheer the fuck up and put on some Fishbone or some shit.

Yeah, but it's only downloadable at 160 kb...:angry:

Not that I care....Radiohead never sang about rocking all nite and partying everyday...so...:madspit:

My daughter, a Radiohead fan, told me this: On the British show, Father Ted was going to commit suicide but then heard some happy song and changed his mind... so he got on the bus, and then Radiohead starts playing and his face drops.

Despite being a fan, she pretty much agrees that at times, she can see how RH is nearly enough to induce suicidal feelings in those who are near the edge.

I've got "Are You Gonna Wait Forever" stuck in my head...no matter how much KISS and Dokken I play...:hmm:

VP...I hate depressing music...unless I'm pissed or sad...then I can stomach it...but that's not too often...:no:

Yeah, I think I prefer music that's more reflective or thoughtful, than depressing. I like a very limited amount of Radiohead, I've tried to listen to more, but I just can't bring myself to do it...I tune them out after a song or two, generally.

I just don't care for them...and if they're 'musical geniuses' and I'm missing out then...:shrug:

I don't mind angry music, but music that sounds like :| doesn't do anything for me...:no:

I'm stoked because I just read that Genesis is finally remastering their self-titled 1983 album...:up: One of my alltime fave CD's!!!

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I just don't care for them...and if they're 'musical geniuses' and I'm missing out then...:shrug:

Yeah, that's how I feel. I don't get the fuss.

Genesis, on the other hand... :drool: I've been on a big Genesis kick for several months now.

I love "find the needle in the haystack" projects. :happy: This one is frigging impossible. I have to find a file, and nobody knows where it is and what it's called. I know what's on it, but it could be called anything. :lol: Oh this is going to be fun.

Had the day off today, so I slept over at my buddy's last night.

No questions about what ensued, please.

Back
Top Bottom