The Temple Bar: Stuff and All That UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Basketball at 5:30.

My ankles have been a little bit off lately, so I'm taping them as a precaution.

For a meeting we're having tomorrow, we're getting Starbucks, and I'm getting everyone's orders. It's very interesting seeing what different people like to drink.

I got flattened by a 6-5, 300 pound guy at practice. Note that I am 5-6, 115 pounds.

Landed flat on my back and it's quite sore.

We both went up to block a guy's shot, I hit the guy and went down, and he tripped and landed on me.

Oh well, hopefully I don't wake up really sore.

I've got off of school on Friday for no reason. :drool: :hyper:

days off of school for no reason :hi5:

Don't know if you should go soak in a hot bath for a while. Actually that sounds pretty good. Maybe I should wait for it to get a little darker out, and then I can light some candles and such. :hmm:

Last edited:
Oct. 4 (Bloomberg) -- New Jersey's Continental Airlines Arena will soon be renamed the Izod Center.

The state's Sports and Exposition Authority today awarded a $1.4 million-a-year contract for arena naming rights to Izod, a unit of Phillips-Van Heusen Corp. Izod beat two other clothing companies, Iconix Brand Group Inc.'s Rocawear and Fort Lee, New Jersey-based Southpole.

New Jersey sought bids from companies interested in the naming rights in August after Continental Airlines Inc. backed out of its $1.3 million annual contract because the facility lost the New Jersey Devils hockey team. The new name will be launched Oct. 31 when the New Jersey Nets basketball team opens its season at home against the Chicago Bulls, said George Zoffinger, the authority's chief executive officer.

``This is a rebirth for this arena,'' Zoffinger said in an interview after the authority's board meeting. ``It gives us an opportunity to show that this arena is very viable.''

New Jersey chose Izod's offer over a $1.4 million bid from Rocawear and a $2.1 million bid from Southpole, Zoffinger said. Izod's bid was selected because the company promised cash as well as a marketing package, said Carl Goldberg, authority chairman.

Izod agreed to buy and create advertising for television and other media outlets as well as take the lead buying airtime and print space, which saves the authority money and makes its contract value closer to $2 million, Zoffinger said. Izod got a five-year deal, he said.

Arena Name

The arena, located in East Rutherford, 4 miles (6.4 kilometers) west of the Lincoln Tunnel, opened in 1981 with six sold-out concerts by New Jersey native Bruce Springsteen. It was originally named Brendan Byrne Arena, after the former governor of New Jersey, and is also referred to as the Meadowlands Arena. It was renamed Continental Airlines Arena in January 1996.

The facility sits within the Meadowlands Sports Complex, next to the Meadowlands Racetrack, Giants Stadium and the Xanadu retail and entertainment complex under construction. It has more than 185 events and 2 million visitors annually, according to the authority Web site.

The Devils have played at the arena since 1982. They are moving to Newark's Prudential Center, scheduled to open later this month. The Nets are planning to move to a new arena in New York City's Brooklyn borough as soon as 2009.

:hmm: apparently it changed last week :shrug: who knew

I thought the same thing. I check the members back thread and there was nothing there. :shrug:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i tried getting on before it started 'cause vh1 didn't really advertise this thing, but seeing as i still don't have my laptop, it takes a good 10 minutes for my old crappy PC to boot up

Did you take it in this time or is it really really dead?

Any Bruce is good Bruce. I never would have known about it had you not run in and posted about it. :hi5:

I'm really pumped for this show now (as if I wasn't already, heh).

Back
Top Bottom