The Temple Bar: Stuff and All That UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

I will. I loved that city. :drool: But if you tempt me sooner rather than later, you'll have to take responsibility and all that shit. Better to let me wander there all on my own. :lol:

Btw, the guy in the Port Huron station reminded me of Ringo Starr In Shiny Time Station. :)

I'm a responsible adult.

VintagePunk said:

No. That you're proclaiming to be a responsible adult, then I'll show up on your doorstep, wanting your sofa bed, and it will all go downhlil from there. :lol:

Get in line, lady. I have a new paint job and new furniture, and since then, the chicks flock to me and my place.

NSW, I know I said this in my EJ concert review, but not sure if you read it....I was never a big fan of Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word till I saw him live, and then it was chill-inducing....there's a performance of it on this dvd.

I slept from 5:30 yesterday evening to 9:00 this morning...I feel like a million bucks today! :D

Getting free money from the government yesterday evening sure didn't hurt either!

Mine's going to the TO trip...which means I'm no longer a "maybe", but now a "probably". I can at least take the bus if the car falls through now. The bus takes about 35 hours though (with all the stops), so I'd like to avoid that one if it's at all possible!

At least you haven't been on a bus for 24 hrs to get to somewhere in your own freaking PROVINCE :wink: Easier to deal with 35 hrs knowing you're going through *thinks* is it 3 or 4 you'd be going through, including ON?

so they have these lovely new signs on the roads here in long island that tell you the aproximate travel time from the spot of the sign to the next major road/parkway/expressway/etc. they use readings from ez-passes to gauge the time. not a bad idea in theory. but of course now people actually slow down to read the signs, because people are stupid and all, thus making the commute longer.

brilliant.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
so they have these lovely new signs on the roads here in long island that tell you the aproximate travel time from the spot of the sign to the next major road/parkway/expressway/etc. they use readings from ez-passes to gauge the time. not a bad idea in theory. but of course now people actually slow down to read the signs, because people are stupid and all, thus making the commute longer.

brilliant.

ah irony...

In Toronto they have those light up signs that supposedly update in real time and notify you of the traffic levels on major routes. A couple of weeks ago I was sitting on the highway for 30 minutes or so in a traffic jam in front of one of those signs and it kept flashing information about the highway I was on saying it was clear... real time my ass...

Don't these people know I have a paper to finish today? They keep giving me work, as if that's what I'm here for. Sheesh.

I can't complain about my commute - no more than fifteen, twenty minutes on a bad day. Although once winter comes, everyone here forgets they've lived in Michigan all their lives and act as if they've never seen a dusting of snow before. That's a riot.

yes these signs are supposed to update in real time as well. but they're on the side of the road, not over the road it's self. so morons, which of course means your average driver, can't actually look at the sign without breaking and slowing down.

alas, the schmuck in the tractor trailer who thought the "no trucks on the parkway" signs were just for show didn't help much. you must feel like a complete douchebag when you get your trailer stuck in a bridge during the middle of rush hour. and i hope he does.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Although once winter comes, everyone here forgets they've lived in Michigan all their lives and act as if they've never seen a dusting of snow before. That's a riot.

I remember being in Virginia and it snowed, you'd think it was the end of the world or something... The entire state closed down and they had state troopers on the Interstate with shovels (not snow shovels mind you but dirt shovels) trying to clear the snow. I think it might have been 2 inches and that's being generous :tsk:

elevated_u2_fan said:

I remember being in Virginia and it snowed, you'd think it was the end of the world or something... The entire state closed down and they had state troopers on the Interstate with shovels (not snow shovels mind you but dirt shovels) trying to clear the snow. I think it might have been 2 inches and that's being generous :tsk:

First snowfall last year was less than less than an inch, and it took me over an hour to get home. People were either moving at 5-10 mph, or speeding as if their lives depended on getting home at their usual time. I remember a little piece of shit truck whizzing past me and I was praying that when I drove past the next intersection I'd see it wrapped around a stop sign.

Back
Top Bottom