The Temple Bar: Stuff and All That UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I'm on a mac, right, and this little thingy starts popping and down which means something is loading. So then some Windows updater pops up and totally fucks up my shit. Remember - I am on a Mac - the autodater doesn't make a production out of updating, but I have MSOffice installed, and the goddamn autoupdate is just as obnoxious as it was on a Windows PC - "UPDATING, WE'RE UPDATING HERE, GET THAT THING OUTTA THE WAY, LADY - WE'RE UPDATING HERE". <--- That whole thing. So of course it locks everything up for a few seconds and ruins the flow. And I realize that I have had this Mac for a year and not ONCE before I installed Office did some stupid shit like that happen. And then, after it starts in again, it finishes. But it has to interrupt you AGAIN to acknowledge that it has completed it's mission. See the thing with computer is I don't really know what's going on when something is updating other than knowing it's updating. Follow me? And I don't care. I assume it's doing it's job. You don't need to tell me when you start or when you finish - just do it. I don't even know what you're doing! Right? And then I got mad at Microsoft and realized how annoying they are, and it's totally unnecessary.
I should run Microsoft. I'd make them rich!

So anyway, next time someone asks what's so great about Macs, just point up there. They aren't annoying.

No on the wire. Not yet. God knows when.

UberBeaver said:

That's awesome!! :lol: I've been trying to torrent that show without much luck so far...got the first few eps, but I want all of them. There's this thing that all the crazy university kids are using now, Dc++, a networking thing...universities frown on downloading off the net because of potential lawsuits, so that's what students use now, and it's crazy fast. Sarah got me all 10 first season eps of Dexter in like 20 minutes. She's been looking for FOTC, but nothing, so far. :(

No spoken words said:
I am pretty fucking efficient, come to think of it.

You need the EJ dvd, btw. Just for the bonus features.

Efficiency. :drool: If you knew the number of idiots I deal with on a day-to-day basis, you'd realize how appealing efficiency is.

Tiny Dancer. I worship that song. I never am like this, but I actually got mad when "Almost Famous" made that song popular....I wanted it to be this forgotten gem. :) But, you know my favorite, or, I've made mention of it..."Someone Saved My Life Tonight"...good lord, that song's incredible.

No spoken words said:
Tiny Dancer. I worship that song. I never am like this, but I actually got mad when "Almost Famous" made that song popular....I wanted it to be this forgotten gem. :) But, you know my favorite, or, I've made mention of it..."Someone Saved My Life Tonight"...good lord, that song's incredible.

Someone Saved is on right now. And I know what you mean about Candle. It became overplayed, after that movie. :(

No spoken words said:
Or at least a day in advance, you know? Toronto and Chicago are sister cities and all, but there's no insta-tram connecting the two.

Chicago to Port Huron, MI...it's like 5 hours, and it's crazy cheap, like $25...then it's only a 2 1/2 hour drive to me. :)

No spoken words said:

Then visit Chicago! :)

I will. I loved that city. :drool: But if you tempt me sooner rather than later, you'll have to take responsibility and all that shit. Better to let me wander there all on my own. :lol:

Btw, the guy in the Port Huron station reminded me of Ringo Starr In Shiny Time Station. :)

Back
Top Bottom