The Temple Bar - Stripped & Dirrty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:

lol, with all the talk that's been going on in here, I immediately assumed "el capitan" was the nickname of some sort of "device" LMPA was going to use to help her fall asleep in a Seinfeldian way. HAHA. I then remembered she said she was having tea and Captain, so I assume it's Capt Morgan.

ANOTHER WASTED MOUTHFUL OF WINE :mad:

LMAO!!

I can't wait till she turns 19. We have such similar taste in music, so it'll be awesome to be able to go to bars with her to see bands. It's pissed me off for years now that, although she had no interest in drinking whatsoever, I couldn't take her with me to see bands when alcohol was served.

VintagePunk said:

Only okay? Elabourate?

She's doing very well. You can read the earlier post, or I can send you more elabourate details via PM, if you want. The past week or so has been a struggle trying to figure out her meds, but we got that sorted out yesterday, thank goodness.

I read the earlier post, but, if you do not mind elaborating you know I'd love to read about it.

No spoken words said:

No. But, it's going to happen next week. I'm ok, I guess, thanks for asking.

Glad Mom is doing ok. Are you doing ok?

When you guys fire people, do you have to give them a package, or do you just drop them?

It seems everyone in my company that gets fired gets paid to go. And not just for layoffs, but in general.

UberBeaver said:
My wife got 0 paid days for maternity. She was allowed to trade in sick days (or something like that). Gotta love those unions. I think by law you're allowed six weeks - unpaid.

My company gave me nothing for paternity.

In Ontario you get a yr of of leave split how you like it - mom dad whatever. I think it is at 60% and companies can top it up to 100% if they like.

Ontario is a good place with excellent legislation in place. I applaud Ontario. :applaud: However, topless is better when it is earned. I think it best to work towards the goal: start clothed, end not clothed. Everyone wins! [/B]

Ontario is the shit :drool: Suggestion added to nursing manual :up:

No spoken words said:

I read the earlier post, but, if you do not mind elaborating you know I'd love to read about it.

And it's noted that you didn't elaborate. :shifty:

Umm, I'm embarassed to be expressing this at my age, but I'm just now reading Slaughterhouse Five, and I'd like it on the record that it kicks all kinds of ass.

Hi Snow. :wave:

VintagePunk said:

I bought Sarah booze for the first time tonight. Bacardi coolers. After two she reported that her "limbs felt spacy," but that she was otherwise fine. After three, that her head felt like she was really tired, as though she were ill and out of it. She quit and drank water after that. :cute:

:cute: That is awesome - welL done VP :applaud: There is a way to do it and a way to not - it's about controlled self discovery!!

UberBeaver said:

When you guys fire people, do you have to give them a package, or do you just drop them?

It seems everyone in my company that gets fired gets paid to go. And not just for layoffs, but in general.

It varies, Beav.

VP, Slaughterhouse 5 does indeed kick all kinds of ass.

And, since I'm sure you people are on the edge of your seats as to my entertainment choices, I saw Stranger Than Fiction tonight, and I was blown away. By Will Farrell. A sign of the apocalypse?

snowbunny00774 said:

In Ontario you get a yr of of leave split how you like it - mom dad whatever. I think it is at 60% and companies can top it up to 100% if they like.

For the love of Christ. Wow. That's brilliant. I'd have 12 kids by now if that was the case. I'd have babies moms all up the east coast, yo. "Yo, sup dog?" "Yo playa, you know, chillin. I'm out on Baby Daddy leave." "Again, kid?" "Hell yeah. My seed is mad strong!" "Damn, fo' real, kid. Fo real."

VintagePunk said:

She's doing very well. You can read the earlier post, or I can send you more elabourate details via PM, if you want. The past week or so has been a struggle trying to figure out her meds, but we got that sorted out yesterday, thank goodness.

That's great VP - I was actually thinking about yesterday and your mom when I was scraping that shit off my car - about how I hoped you were still able to visit her with the crap etc. Congrats on the good news.

Beav - my mom has always sworn by making the schedule - not being dictated to. My brother was harder to adjust but he eventually figured it out. I think that's what my cousin and his GF are doing too. That, and sucking all the good luck out of this family :angry:

VintagePunk said:
I can't wait till she turns 19. We have such similar taste in music, so it'll be awesome to be able to go to bars with her to see bands. It's pissed me off for years now that, although she had no interest in drinking whatsoever, I couldn't take her with me to see bands when alcohol was served.

Mute Math are playing at a bar here next Friday :shifty:

snowbunny00774 said:

:cute: That is awesome - welL done VP :applaud: There is a way to do it and a way to not - it's about controlled self discovery!!

I'll take a bow for purchasing my child alcohol - thanks. :wink:

Until very recently, she's never been interested. She's tried sips of my drinks and shuddered for a few years now. I really don't think she's ever going to be a hard core drinker. Alas, I'll find ways to hide my disappointment. :wink:

VintagePunk said:

Until very recently, she's never been interested. She's tried sips of my drinks and shuddered for a few years now. I really don't think she's ever going to be a hard core drinker. Alas, I'll find ways to hide my disappointment. :wink:

someone besides my mom should buy me alcohol, then i could get a lot more.:shifty:

UberBeaver said:

For the love of Christ. Wow. That's brilliant. I'd have 12 kids by now if that was the case. I'd have babies moms all up the east coast, yo. "Yo, sup dog?" "Yo playa, you know, chillin. I'm out on Baby Daddy leave." "Again, kid?" "Hell yeah. My seed is mad strong!" "Damn, fo' real, kid. Fo real."

BABY MOMMAS!!!

Yeah - it's pretty sweet - you would think I'd have an easier time luring a guy into the whole you stay home and I'll work scenario - but - give you guys an inch you'd take a mile :tsk:

I'm talking about a few yrs in the future of course - the thought of it now makes my ovaries shudder - TMI? maybe!!

But Ontario is cool for so many reasons!!

snowbunny00774 said:

That's great VP - I was actually thinking about yesterday and your mom when I was scraping that shit off my car - about how I hoped you were still able to visit her with the crap etc. Congrats on the good news.

Thanks. :hug: My sister stayed with her for a week after she got home, and now she's been on her own for a week. Other than a few fairly minor things, it's gone very well.

We're/she's watching The Wedge on Much Music right now, and Mute Math's coming up. :shifty:

VintagePunk said:

Until very recently, she's never been interested. She's tried sips of my drinks and shuddered for a few years now. I really don't think she's ever going to be a hard core drinker. Alas, I'll find ways to hide my disappointment.:wink:

LOL - bitter bitter disappointment.

That's great though. You are sooo lucky!

snowbunny00774 said:

yeah!!!

it's a pretty small bar too so I'm quite excited!! too bad it's not Thursday which is $2 drink night :grr:

I'd like to see them, and seeing them in a small bar would be great. Visiting Ontario would be nice, too. Sigh, and, yes, Snow, it would be nice to see you as well, great, whatever.

:)

snowbunny00774 said:

LOL - bitter bitter disappointment.

That's great though. You are sooo lucky!

I'm wondering exactly whose genes are involved in this non-drinking thing though. Her dad has been known to tip back a few, too (understatement of the year). Maybe it's like in Slaughterhourse Five, where there are 7 people involved in each conception? :yikes:

No spoken words said:

I'd like to see them, and seeing them in a small bar would be great. Visiting Ontario would be nice, too. Sigh, and, yes, Snow, it would be nice to see you as well, great, whatever.

:)

lol - I don't need that kind of placating - I just use the lack of to tease people if I think of it!!

Back
Top Bottom