The Temple Bar - Stripped & Dirrty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

The thing that amazes me about that show is the character development. It wasn't the usual tv-fare development, where they do one bad thing, and suddenly they're the villain. The development felt organic, you know? they all went through periods of being awful, deplorable people, and they always made it back to being great people who have learned and grown, and it felt natural, dammit.

Sarah and I always laughed about crazy Billy...how he was kinda hot when he was sane, but then when he brought the crazy? Not so much. :lol:

Yeah - he went from doable to diseased like the snap of fingers!!

That's what I meant about being willing to watch them do every day things..the characters always brought it, and were so solid. I didn't really know of it till Season 3 I think and I actually stopped watching then and went back to the start and it was cool to see everything unfold and grow. Some things were outrageous but still felt normal!

snowbunny00774 said:

uhm - you forgot something, not to be greedy or anything :)

Uh...uh oh. I'm drawing a blank.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I see how it is, Beav. Play sick nurse for a guy and suddenly it's as if you don't even exist, pfft. :tsk:

You're all humble and didn't ask for anything, unlike the other self-centered hatemongers in this thread. Pfft. And I top of all this, I need to bring Numb stuff too, if he goes.

I'll be the guy with the UHaul.

Yeah, we weren't aware of it till later, either. Maybe at the beginning of the 4th season? I don't know. Anyway, somehow or another, it never worked out that we could see it on tv, because we'd always be behind a season or two, so we watched it on dvd.

About a week before the final season came out on dvd, my (at the time) gentleman caller :shifty: spoiled me about what happened to Nate. :madwife: I was able to hush him before he told me anything about the finale.

UberBeaver said:

You're all humble and didn't ask for anything, unlike the other self-centered hatemongers in this thread. Pfft. And I top of all this, I need to bring Numb stuff too, if he goes.

The breakfast thing!! I said don't bring the wine :( I'm only a hatemonger, not self centered too!

VintagePunk said:
Yeah, we weren't aware of it till later, either. Maybe at the beginning of the 4th season? I don't know. Anyway, somehow or another, it never worked out that we could see it on tv, because we'd always be behind a season or two, so we watched it on dvd.

About a week before the final season came out on dvd, my (at the time) gentleman caller :shifty: spoiled me about what happened to Nate. :madwife: I was able to hush him before he told me anything about the finale.

I would have killed if someone spoiled it for me. Yep - sad day for sure!!

snowbunny00774 said:

The breakfast thing!! I said don't bring the wine :( I'm only a hatemonger, not self centered too!

Sorry, I didn't mean to lump hatemongers and self-centered people together, my bad.

You want an egg sandwich? That might not travel so well either, but I can pick one up, np. I'll probably get one for myself :drool: . I might not be in the city til the afternoon though. Bacon, sausage, cheese? How do you want it?

UberBeaver said:

:love:

Just being me your amazing wit, that'll be more than enough. If that's my choice over a well-traveled breakfast sandwich, so be it. :lol:

Besides, Headache promised me Bruce. :heart: (If he still remembers, that is.)

Me, humble? You're too kind. Wait until you get to know me a bit, though. :whistle:

Sooooo, the weekend of the 22nd, fellow ambassadors? I'm all confuzzled now.

Any weekend is fine with me, snow. I haven't gotten tickets for Waters. I'm not completely desperate to go, but if that weekend's free, it's possible I'd end up going.

Gotta go return a movie. I walked in to the video store yesterday, and Borat was on the shelf, three days before it's release date, so I rented it. :shifty:

:wave:

Yep -, cheese bacon, all that good stuff :drool: (no tomato)

We already discussed how it wouldn't travel well but I would probably be drunk (probably - hello:lol), and I wouldn't care.

If you don't get to it that's fine - your wit is fine too :wheresthekissasssmiley:

Yeah - the 22nd - do you think that will be a huge problem?

VintagePunk said:
Any weekend is fine with me, snow. I haven't gotten tickets for Waters. I'm not completely desperate to go, but if that weekend's free, it's possible I'd end up going.

Gotta go return a movie. I walked in to the video store yesterday, and Borat was on the shelf, three days before it's release date, so I rented it. :shifty:

:wave:

What did you think of it? I saw it when it first came out (this was actually the movie I went to see with movie bj dude) and may have to see it again to really appreciate it. It was funny, but I didn't get the huge deal over it all.

snowbunny00774 said:
Yep -, cheese bacon, all that good stuff :drool: (no tomato)

We already discussed how it wouldn't travel well but I would probably be drunk (probably - hello:lol), and I wouldn't care.

If you don't get to it that's fine - your wit is fine too :wheresthekissasssmiley:

Yeah - the 22nd - do you think that will be a huge problem?

OK. Does your friend want one too?

So are you now cheap slut?

We'll work our way through the whole realm of bitch, slut whore etc. at this rate!!

That's :cute: about your mom, Hope the milkshake is good.

Speaking of food - why don't I have any in my drawer - I'm starving - stupid overpriced tiny serving brunch :grr:

UberBeaver said:

OK. Does your friend want one too?

If you're sure then yes please!! The nun entertainment is courtesy of her aunt so she should get something for the pics that will come out of that one!!

No bacon for her please!

She bought me a claddagh ring yesterday :heart::cute:

snowbunny00774 said:
So are you now cheap slut?

We'll work our way through the whole realm of bitch, slut whore etc. at this rate!!

That's :cute: about your mom, Hope the milkshake is good.

Speaking of food - why don't I have any in my drawer - I'm starving - stupid overpriced tiny serving brunch :grr:

Working through the realm - sounds good to me, heh. :hmm:

:shifty:

I know, what is it with brunches? It's all oh have some eggs, and then some fruit and some other crap but you're still going to be hungry afterwards.

Claddagh rings :drool: Ok, now I wish I were Irish. But that'll probably lead to another type of discussion like the Canadian one in the NY thread so I'll shut my mouth. :silent:

:lol:

UberBeaver said:

Are you mad, woman?

Speaking of evil cats, he took a flying leap today from the stairs into a box. And then the idiot couldn't get out of the box. HAHA. Stupid ass cat.

LOL - Film him!!

Claddagh rings :drool: Ok, now I wish I were Irish. But that'll probably lead to another type of discussion like the Canadian one in the NY thread so I'll shut my mouth. :silent:

What did you think of it? I saw it when it first came out (this was actually the movie I went to see with movie bj dude) and may have to see it again to really appreciate it. It was funny, but I didn't get the huge deal over it all.

I chuckled more than laughed, and squirmed in discomfort, but I really liked it. :up: Probably the big deal came from the fact that it's so unusual, there's not much out there like it.

BJ dude. :lol:

I think that's very possible. :yes:

Had I liked him that wouldn't have even been an issue, thus making the movie all the more enjoyable for the both of us. Unfortunately for him, he was an annoying twit. :tsk:

Alright - I'm heading home. I'll be back later :)

Back
Top Bottom