The Temple Bar - Stripped & Dirrty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I leave for brunch soon. Re-read my shark story, it's still not really all that funny, but at least it was written in under 20 minutes, so what it lacked for quality was compensated for by being written quickly. Pancakes. Soon.

snowbunny00774 said:

I've been so preoccupied with work and school and other stuff, I just started my packing list (which, for me is way late :lol: ) and need to go shopping for various little things. I also need to cement cat-sitting plans with my mom - she just needs to stop by once on Saturday to make sure she's got food and is still breathing, but yeah. Just little annoying things, like remembering where my boarding passes are and shit.

I read the story, nsw. :lol: :up:

Enjoy your pancakes. I'm going to get some chicken noodle in a few.

UberBeaver said:

I'm also watching Season 1 of Six Feet Under. What a strange show.

That's my favourite show, ever. Well, it's in the top 3 or 4 or 5.

The series finale, I saw it nearly a year ago, and I STILL think about it. It's certainly stayed with me like no other show has. I love those crazy Fishers. :sad:

No spoken words said:
Musings on a boy. A boy that could swim faster than a shark:

Here's how I see it:

It is the year 2217. Earth is one large, unified country, after countless bloody wars. Science, once gone wild and used for destructive ends, is now bent towards advancements in health and genetics. One geneticist, living in what used to be Sri-Lanka, but what is now called "Robo-sector Q" has figured out a way to genetically manipulate an embryo and imbue it with amphibious traits. This embryo, soon after birth, is introduced into a quasi-oceanic setting, spending 4 hours a day in the water, the rest of its waking hours on land. The embryo is male, as the scientist always wanted a son. She decides to name the embryo "Reggie thee SnowBeaver's Vintage Pop Kat SEB 64/78", or, RSVP-KS64/78. RSVP loved to swim and swim, as those 4 hours a day made the water seem like home. RSVP soon exhibited great swimming stamina, speed and strength. One day, the genecist decided it was time to measure RSVP's swimming speed, and so she went to the Indian Ocean on holiday, with her young freak of a son. RSVP ran to the ocean and waded right in, and was soon swimming with friendly, laughing dolphins. Soon, though, the Dolphins swam away, seemingly in alarm. Uh-oh! A shark was approaching. But, this was no ordinary shark. This was one of the late 21st century's weaponized sharks. Normal sharks with laser tenhnology added to their skulls and eyes, these rogue sharks could apply 1,000 tons of pressure with their jaws, or, shoot you. It all really depended on their mood. This shark decided to chase after RSVP. RSVP took off, swimming for all he was worth. Soon, he had left the shark in his wake. That shark was totally owned!!! RSVP turned around to mock the shark and let the shark know that it was his bitch, and, that's when disaster struck. For, unbeknownst to RSVP, a boat loaded with a group called Pissed Republicans Itching to Catch Kids Swimming, a powerful and dangerous lobby group, caught RSVP and abducted them, to use a poster child for their anti-genetics campaign. The PRICKS took RSVP to their Island headquarters, where they kept him and never did end up releasing him. His Mom would send him messages in bottles, smoke signals, texts to his aqua phone, etc, but RSVP never did reply. Ever. And, that is the story of RSVP-KS64/78.

I just read this and it just did not really make me laugh, but, it's staying.

So I woke up this morning and my favorite author was Hemingway, as it had been for the past 10-15 years or so. Now, though, I'm not so sure. I await the sequel. All good genetically engineer freaks have some sort of counterpart that seeks revenge or goes on a mission to save the freak. Sweet.

NSW - If you want me to bring a sandwich in from Village Hero on 3/17 - Let me know. It's no problem, really. I'm bringing bagels for Kat and a bottle of Boone's Farm (failure to specify wine preference = Boone's Farm) for snow. I live within walking distance of the sandwich place. And they absolutely have the best Italian Heros in the world.

I won't bring pizza because A.) this town doesn't have any pizza worth bringing, B.) It doesn't travel well.

UberBeaver said:
NSW - If you want me to bring a sandwich in from Village Hero on 3/17 - Let me know. It's no problem, really. I'm bringing bagels for Kat and a bottle of Boone's Farm (failure to specify wine preference = Boone's Farm) for snow. I live within walking distance of the sandwich place. And they absolutely have the best Italian Heros in the world.

I won't bring pizza because A.) this town doesn't have any pizza worth bringing, B.) It doesn't travel well.

I see how it is, Beav. Play sick nurse for a guy and suddenly it's as if you don't even exist, pfft. :tsk:

:lol:

It's been quite a lazy day for the bar. I'm going to get cracking on doing research cards soon. :yawn:

VintagePunk said:

That's my favourite show, ever. Well, it's in the top 3 or 4 or 5.

The series finale, I saw it nearly a year ago, and I STILL think about it. It's certainly stayed with me like no other show has. I love those crazy Fishers. :sad:

Me too - On Sunday nights I still feel a hole :(

How sad is that :crazy:

UberBeaver said:

uhm - you forgot something, not to be greedy or anything :)

You don't need to bring wine!! What will I have to hold over your head and annoy you about if not all the wine you've made me waste???

snowbunny00774 said:

Me too - On Sunday nights I still feel a hole :(

How sad is that :crazy:

How much did you cry during the finale?

<---- Like a hysterical baby. For like an hour after it ended. :reject:

David and Keith 4-eva :heart:

I still watch the repeats every week on Showcase.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
:lol:

I cancelled out on the pub lunch. Damnit. I feel a bit better but am now coughing like crazy. :sigh:

So people are asking if there's a definite Slutfest date now. One would think that looking at what weekend is winning in the polls would be enough. :hmm:

I know that weekend is winning, the only thing is my moms bday is on the Thursday and what if she wants to do something on the weekend? mom > slutfest.

That's why I was thinking the weekend after - I know a few of those votes were fake votes. Yes, don't think I'd forgotten, you know who you are!

snowbunny00774 said:

That's why I was thinking the weekend after - I know a few of those votes were fake votes. Yes, don't think I'd forgotten, you know who you are!

The weekend after = VP being able to go see Roger Waters in TO without ditching you all. :hmm:

VintagePunk said:

How much did you cry during the finale?

<---- Like a hysterical baby. For like an hour after it ended. :reject:

David and Keith 4-eva :heart:

I still watch the repeats every week on Showcase.

It was awful - you know how some shows you know they've run the course, but I would have happily tuned in to see them all washing dishes forever I loved it that much.

I loved David & Keith :heart:

I liked Claire's new guy too...all of them - I :heart: all of them. Although Brenda made me want to stab things - but her crackers family was always entertaining.

snowbunny00774 said:

It was awful - you know how some shows you know they've run the course, I would have happily tuned in to see them all washing dishes forever I loved it that much.

I loved David & Keith :heart:

I liked Claire's new guy too...all of them - I :heart: all of them. Although Brenda made me want to stab things - but her crackers family was always entertaining.

The thing that amazes me about that show is the character development. It wasn't the usual tv-fare development, where they do one bad thing, and suddenly they're the villain. The development felt organic, you know? they all went through periods of being awful, deplorable people, and they always made it back to being great people who have learned and grown, and it felt natural, dammit.

Sarah and I always laughed about crazy Billy...how he was kinda hot when he was sane, but then when he brought the crazy? Not so much. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom