The Temple Bar - Stripped & Dirrty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:
The movie was the weirdest shit of all. It ties some stuff up, yes. Season 1 was great, though, or so I thought.

Beav, Mim's is not Chinese, it's a sit down restaurant, and was a mix of american, some pasta, etc. It's odd, I could find 2 Chinese places if I was in Syosset now, but, forget the names. One of them is Further up Jherico from Xways park, on the left hand side, in a small mall.

Oh, cool. Thanks. I need to find a good Chinese place around here.

UberBeaver said:

Oh, cool. Thanks. I need to find a good Chinese place around here.

Check that one out, if it's still there. Funny, that part of my life, working and living on the Island....in my head, it was not THAt long ago, but the reality is it's been almost 10 years since I moved from there to here. I think it's funny that you live right near where I worked, go to the same sandwich place we all went to at least 1x a week, etc. Small world.

Musings on a boy. A boy that could swim faster than a shark:

Here's how I see it:

It is the year 2217. Earth is one large, unified country, after countless bloody wars. Science, once gone wild and used for destructive ends, is now bent towards advancements in health and genetics. One geneticist, living in what used to be Sri-Lanka, but what is now called "Robo-sector Q" has figured out a way to genetically manipulate an embryo and imbue it with amphibious traits. This embryo, soon after birth, is introduced into a quasi-oceanic setting, spending 4 hours a day in the water, the rest of its waking hours on land. The embryo is male, as the scientist always wanted a son. She decides to name the embryo "Reggie thee SnowBeaver's Vintage Pop Kat SEB 64/78", or, RSVP-KS64/78. RSVP loved to swim and swim, as those 4 hours a day made the water seem like home. RSVP soon exhibited great swimming stamina, speed and strength. One day, the genecist decided it was time to measure RSVP's swimming speed, and so she went to the Indian Ocean on holiday, with her young freak of a son. RSVP ran to the ocean and waded right in, and was soon swimming with friendly, laughing dolphins. Soon, though, the Dolphins swam away, seemingly in alarm. Uh-oh! A shark was approaching. But, this was no ordinary shark. This was one of the late 21st century's weaponized sharks. Normal sharks with laser tenhnology added to their skulls and eyes, these rogue sharks could apply 1,000 tons of pressure with their jaws, or, shoot you. It all really depended on their mood. This shark decided to chase after RSVP. RSVP took off, swimming for all he was worth. Soon, he had left the shark in his wake. That shark was totally owned!!! RSVP turned around to mock the shark and let the shark know that it was his bitch, and, that's when disaster struck. For, unbeknownst to RSVP, a boat loaded with a group called Pissed Republicans Itching to Catch Kids Swimming, a powerful and dangerous lobby group, caught RSVP and abducted them, to use a poster child for their anti-genetics campaign. The PRICKS took RSVP to their Island headquarters, where they kept him and never did end up releasing him. His Mom would send him messages in bottles, smoke signals, texts to his aqua phone, etc, but RSVP never did reply. Ever. And, that is the story of RSVP-KS64/78.

I just read this and it just did not really make me laugh, but, it's staying.

Last edited:
:lol:

Nice one, NSW.

I'm debating whether or not to stay up. I went out tonight and am a bit tispys, so it might be just a go od id ea to go to bed. :hmm:

You made me read that whole thing NSW? Thanks, thanks a lot. At least I've met my reading quota for the weak now. :grumpy: Can you keep it short and sweet next time?

:wink:

the whole Reggie thee SnowBeaver's Vintage Pop Kat SEB 64/78" part sucked me in and I couldn't stop :lol:

Hey NSW - is the sandwich place in the Roosevelt fields mall?

I want pizza now - :angry: - to be clear - I'm assigning blame for that to '78.

I don't want no chain pizza, though. I want to be rich enough to call the airport, have my jet fueled up, get on that plane, nap as we fly to NYC, stopping in London to pick up Snow, then landing at JFK where a car is waiting for us.....taking us into the city to get some NYC pizza. We then drive to Beav's house, knock on the door, see if he is home, and if so, say "hello", then leave cos I need to get back to LA.

If that's your preference, then I'l pick some up en route to Canada. Hey, I met a lady tonight who is from Ontario. She likes London. I told her I might be there in July, and she asked what for, and I wanted to say "for slutfest, you stupid bastard of a woman", but, instead opted for "just getting together with some friends".

She was from Toronto, and said she has family in London. She then moved to NYC, met her husband, then they eventually moved to LA. She had lost all trace of her Canadian accent, though.

No spoken words said:
She was from Toronto, and said she has family in London. She then moved to NYC, met her husband, then they eventually moved to LA. She had lost all trace of her Canadian accent, though.

That's exciting. I hope I get to move somewhere at some point. :wish:

I'm sooooo glad that even though I love NYC dearly, that I moved and experienced life elsewhere. My fondest wish is to live abroad one day. I'd like to do that around age 40. Travel is intoxicating to me. I shall shut up before I ramble about it ceaselessly.

Hey Lila.

I got to do a pretty big move at 15, that certainly held me over for a while. With stuff going on in my family I always felt obligated to stay around, but now it's pretty much been put out there that all four of us are in it for ourselves. Although, as the oldest and the daughter I have a whole guilt thing, but generally - as of last fall I'm up for moving :up: Although it would be with my company - clearly I'm married to it if no one else!!

Speaking of the whole family obligation thing - I have a brunch with my mum in the morning so I should split.

Have a good night everyone and even those with pizza :wink:

Back
Top Bottom