The Temple Bar - Stop Avoiding the Inevitable...UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoManiac said:
Morning, Bar :wave:

I just read the last two pages and I'm cracking up! :lmao:

All I hear in my head now is George Costanza screaming: "They're colliding Jerry! The worlds are colliding!"

A George divided against itself cannot stand.

No spoken words said:
In a meeting yesterday, someone used the word, if it is a word, "powerjuice" and I almost fucking lost it. It sucks to be in a room with some pretty important people, well, important relative to the world you work in, and be the most immature person there...by a lot....but, what could I do? Who says powerjuice and means it????? This guy did. I had to bite my hand to keep myself from cracking up. Sad.

I was in a meeting last week with an older gentleman who described on of his deceased, best friends as "hard as nails Dick".

It sucks to be in a room and be the most immature person there...by a lot....

I'm getting old, but, I'm still usually the youngest person in the room at a lot of these meetings. Being youngest does not mean you have to be the most immature, but, on many levels I am clearly the most immature. I just hide it well at work. Usually.

No spoken words said:
I'm getting old, but, I'm still usually the youngest person in the room at a lot of these meetings. Being youngest does not mean you have to be the most immature, but, on many levels I am clearly the most immature. I just hide it well at work. Usually.

Same for me. I'm the youngest here. As a grad assistant, I could get away with actin a fool. Now not so much. But usually people in Student Affairs are pretty whack. I think I just got stuck in a stuck-up department. I try to hide it here. At one faculty meeting, the dept head something like "all those in 2-2s" (they had categorized the group for some reason) and I burst out laughing. People glared at me.

No spoken words said:

At my meetings for being VP, the only mature one is our president. Me, the secretary, and the treasurer are all completely unserious about anything that goes on.

We're all going to a meeting in Camden on Friday, which will be interesting to say the least.

U2democrat said:
I can usually be one of the more mature persons in the room...until someone farts or burps..................:shifty:

:yes:

:giggle:

and since we ventured into the world of noxious gases..

FartFire.jpg

and a funny site to go along with this theme.. check out the videos at the bottom of the page.. :lol:

http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Farts.htm

"I have a buddy who lives in Camden named 'Hard as Nails Dick.' His advice is to go powerjuice whenever you go there."

Ripper. Sends seismic ripples to the next town. Rips the seams in the crotch of your pants. This fart genuinely hurts, and you can still feel it 20 minutes later. Anyone sitting nearby may experience hearing loss.

Lookie how mature I am being.. not.. :giggle:

I don't care how old you are but when it comes to fart jokes and anything related you laugh ur ass off like a 10 yr old.. I am referring to myself who is past her 30s... :D

Last edited:
I think the "One" thread in EYKIW might be the end of the world. That or Soulja Boy Tell Em.

I think the people who hate One really would just find it average if it wasn't for its popularity. I think there are legitimate critiques of One. I just think those who use "hate" are unconsciously exxagerating.

The people vehemently defending One are absurd. And obtuse.

unico said:

:angry:

Is Lemon really popular? I think among hardcore fans it is, but not to anyone else.

I just hate the falsetto in the verses. When he sings, "like I'm slowly, slowly, slowly slippin' under," I just wanna yell, "WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THAT THE WHOLE TIME?"

phillyfan26 said:

:angry:

Is Lemon really popular? I think among hardcore fans it is, but not to anyone else.

I just hate the falsetto in the verses. When he sings, "like I'm slowly, slowly, slowly slippin' under," I just wanna yell, "WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THAT THE WHOLE TIME?"

:giggle: i actually like that it is a splicing of 3 different octaves: edge's, the slowly slippin under, and the falsetto. it makes the song dimensional.

No spoken words said:
In a meeting yesterday, someone used the word, if it is a word, "powerjuice" and I almost fucking lost it. It sucks to be in a room with some pretty important people, well, important relative to the world you work in, and be the most immature person there...by a lot....but, what could I do? Who says powerjuice and means it????? This guy did. I had to bite my hand to keep myself from cracking up. Sad.

Powerjuice. Yes.

Back
Top Bottom