The Temple Bar - Stop Avoiding the Inevitable...UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diemen said:
"geez, if these people see that scuzzy guy in person and still believe he's Bono, maybe they deserve to get fooled." :wink:

I love how the organizers of the Islamic conference backpedalled. Ridiculous. They knew what was going on all along, I call bullshit. They just don't want to get fucked over legally in case Bono gets pissed.

I wonder, do other celebrity impersonators/lookalikes let people believe they're really that person?

corianderstem said:
Do some people honestly not see this Pavel guy as being "not that bad," or is it just that some people just want to be contrary to the riled-up-ness of Plebans?

Hey Diemen...:wave:

Cori...look the guy's obviously cashing in on his resemblance...but explain to me how he's any different than any other impersonator?

I know Bono is held with high esteem by everybody here ('cept for Beav, who thinks he sang in Frankie Goes To Hollywood) but is this really a sacrilege...:eyebrow:

I think if people just ignore him then...:shrug:...with him...:yes:

Tell me what's your view on Pavel...:hmm:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Tell me what's your view on Pavel...

See the previous page.

Well sure, WE could ignore him, but what about the non-diehards who aren't hip to his douchebaggery? They're not going to ignore him - they're going to think he's Bono, and he's going to let them.

corianderstem said:
I wonder, do other celebrity impersonators/lookalikes let people believe they're really that person?

Well Elvis would be a bad example, cos he's dead.

Then again, most Elvis impersonators could never remotely be mistaken for the real deal not in a million years lol.

Idea: let's spam the thread with the most glaringly ridiculous Elvis impersonator pics of all time... :hmm:

corianderstem said:

Yes they do...I've seen other impersonators who never bother to let on they're not really the celebrity. They don't say the are, but never bother to say they're not..:sigh:

Well, then I guess I think they're douchebags, too.

I don't think we should go after him with pitchforks and torches or anything, nor do I think OMG CALL PAUL MCG! HE MUST BE STOPPED!!!!!

I just think it's rude, and if I ever encountered him, I'd tell him so.

corianderstem said:
I don't get all worked up and frothy-mouthed over him, but if I judge him by his (reported) actions, he sure seems like a douchebag.

Oh I'm not denying he's a douchebag. He's a grade A top of the line douchebag. If I was at Walter Reed when he was there I would've called him out and exposed his sorry ass. But I just think the embarrassment of getting fooled by some dipshit impersonator isn't something that requires a crusade to correct. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom