The Temple Bar - Stop Avoiding the Inevitable...UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corianderstem said:
Damn, veep beat me to it! :lol:

What was with American Idol contestants singing "When I Need You" by Leo Sayer last night? How did THAT make its way onto songs to choose from? Did it become cool to like Leo Sayer? How did I miss that memo?

The memo was sent awhile ago, shortly when word hit that he was performing with the muppets. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyreul5Cvsw

My choir has a concert coming up on March 1st, and the director decided to have 5 of the songs sung as small groups (2 people on each part). I auditioned for all but one, because we could audition as many times as we wanted and they'd decide who was singing what on which songs.

We just got the email announcing the groups, and I get to sing in three of the 5 small groups. I rule! :rockon:

Now I have to go to another meeting. Don't anyone get suspended or banned while I'm gone.

VintagePunk said:

Thank YOU, and Mia.

I hadn't heard that song in years.

Mike, I think you might relate to this. In our city, we have this lame-ass little radio station that my parents would have on, and I grew up listening to. They seem to be stuck in the late '60's - 70's, and have been for decades now. They played all sorts of cheesy pop from that era. I think those are the only eras they even have music from.

When I became an adult, and had Sarah, I'd have the station on to listen to local news, or get the weather, and then I'd forget and leave it on, and it was background noise, so Sarah listened to a lot of it, too.

I only ever listen to the radio in my car, but when I do, there's been nothing on modern rock stations capturing my attention for a couple of years now, so I scan through the stations, and inevitably come across stations that play this sort of music. Most are "lite" stations, but damn, I've been enjoying hearing them again. The past 6 months or so, I'm crazy for music from those eras.

And when I mention that I've heard "song X" to Sarah, she'll look at me puzzled and say she's not sure what it is. I reply to her "you'd know it, it's an old CKPC song." And then we look it up, and she does.

:memories:

:)

I most certainly do relate to that.

corianderstem said:
My choir has a concert coming up on March 1st, and the director decided to have 5 of the songs sung as small groups (2 people on each part). I auditioned for all but one, because we could audition as many times as we wanted and they'd decide who was singing what on which songs.

We just got the email announcing the groups, and I get to sing in three of the 5 small groups. I rule! :rockon:

Now I have to go to another meeting. Don't anyone get suspended or banned while I'm gone.

Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom