The Temple Bar - Stop Avoiding the Inevitable...UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:

I was telling Dalton earlier that I am avoiding it like the plague. I just am tired of negative sports stories...I turn to sports for other things, not for this.....I'll read about it later, I'm sure.....

Have you called your cable provider and asked them to remove ESPN from your channel listing? That's about the only way to avoid it.

Mmmm With advice like that, perhaps I should be Tom?

Dalton said:

Have you called your cable provider and asked them to remove ESPN from your channel listing? That's about the only way to avoid it.

Mmmm With advice like that, perhaps I should be Tom?

You're no good during war time, so, fuck that.

I have DirecTV. :) And, stopped watching ESPN outside of game coverage a long time ago.

VintagePunk said:
VP's List of Complaints

3) I'm sleepy. I was drifting off last night, and had forgotten that I left the volume on my computer way up, when my computer restarted, and the windows start-up music blasted. After I scraped myself off the ceiling, I couldn't get to sleep for hours.

That is all.

I'm sorry but I literally LOL-ed at that :lol:

No spoken words said:
I gave you chance after chance, then you went and hired a lawyer....blame yourself, woman.

But I had to strike first.

I had to make sure I got the Arby's franchise in the settlement. You know how I love my Big Beef N Cheddar.

corianderstem said:

But I had to strike first.

I had to make sure I got the Arby's franchise in the settlement. You know how I love my Big Beef N Cheddar.

You went all 30 Rock on me. Nice.

Maybe we can work this out after all.

Beav stole my couch. Everyone in that family hates him. Everyone not in that family hates him.

GFY Beav

Damn, veep beat me to it! :lol:

What was with American Idol contestants singing "When I Need You" by Leo Sayer last night? How did THAT make its way onto songs to choose from? Did it become cool to like Leo Sayer? How did I miss that memo?

No spoken words said:

Glad you noticed.

:heart:

Thank YOU, and Mia.

I hadn't heard that song in years.

Mike, I think you might relate to this. In our city, we have this lame-ass little radio station that my parents would have on, and I grew up listening to. They seem to be stuck in the late '60's - 70's, and have been for decades now. They played all sorts of cheesy pop from that era. I think those are the only eras they even have music from.

When I became an adult, and had Sarah, I'd have the station on to listen to local news, or get the weather, and then I'd forget and leave it on, and it was background noise, so Sarah listened to a lot of it, too.

I only ever listen to the radio in my car, but when I do, there's been nothing on modern rock stations capturing my attention for a couple of years now, so I scan through the stations, and inevitably come across stations that play this sort of music. Most are "lite" stations, but damn, I've been enjoying hearing them again. The past 6 months or so, I'm crazy for music from those eras.

And when I mention that I've heard "song X" to Sarah, she'll look at me puzzled and say she's not sure what it is. I reply to her "you'd know it, it's an old CKPC song." And then we look it up, and she does.

:memories:

Back
Top Bottom