The Temple Bar - Stop Avoiding the Inevitable...UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dalton said:

I need to be linked to more of her posts. Pfan, where are you at?

:tsk: Not gonna happen. NSW called dibs, it hasn't been 3 days yet, and inviting you to the party would substantially increase the risk that she would like you more and you two would run off to Atlanta under the flimsy pretense of helping the economy or some stupid shit. In the context of your track record of course.

Alright, I'm going to post snippets, but first I have to edit out the specific names.

Give me a minute or two.

I think for any of this to make sense, you need a bit of a background. I have eight close buddies, but two of them live within two blocks of my house, so those two are my closest friends. One of them is the guy I'm having the conversation with (we'll call him ... Nate) and the other is the buddy I'm defending (we'll call him ... Jake). Note that their names are changed to protect their identities. Funny as it is, that's actually true. I won't reveal my identity on here, so I can't in good conscience reveal other identities.

We've all had our specific roles in the group of our friends. Jake is the proverbial ringleader, he usually is the most involved in making plans. Nate's the "friend that everybody hates."

Nate has been particularly angered lately over one night two Saturdays ago in which Jake did not call him back (for a number of reasons) and ended up not hanging out with him. He's essentially (though he will deny this) gone out of his way to avoid Jake in the past two weeks. In turn, he's also avoided all of our other friends to avoid Jake ... except me.

He's been trying to hang out with me at every possible moment and is pissed off whenever I hang out with Jake. He's always thought I "sucked up" to Jake (he occassionally refers to me as "Jake's Bitch") and do whatever he wants to do. In fact, it's probably true that I tend to side with Jake, but that's more because Nate's an idiot than it is that I would be "Jake's Bitch."

So, yesterday, after school was let out early, Nate wanted to hang out with me for lunch. He wanted to order take out and play some video games. I said that's fair enough, although he wasn't sure his dad would let him drive the car. My parents had already said no to driving due to possible weather problems, so we were only going out if he could drive his dad's car.

I had talked to Jake (who has a car and pretty much unlimited access to it) about doing lunch in school right after they announced we'd be leaving early. He called me right after I talked to Nate and said he was going out to lunch and asked if I wanted to go. I said Nate had called me, so I'd run it by him. Nate said he wasn't sure if he could drive, but said that if Jake was driving, he should "pick up a pizza and bring it back."

I called Jake back, and told him that Nate wanted to bring it back. We both agreed we'd probably prefer to go to the restaurant and sit and eat, so I called back Nate to tell him the plans. He said he didn't want to go (for reasons he didn't specify - though I'm pretty sure he just resented the idea that Jake was going). So, Jake and I went.

Nate's been bitching to me about it all day. (God, these names are weird to use.) Hence, the conversation.

U2democrat said:
Geez, I obviously missed a lot since going to class! WTF is going on?

Let me sum up:

There's about five closed threads in EYKIW. The UYMFA gang had a hand in four of them.

Also, we're troublesome, so there's that.

Back
Top Bottom