The Temple Bar - Smokin' Hot and Doozerlicious!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GOoooood morning...from my European Civilizations class...which I have no wish whatsoever to be in

Last night was clear and somewhat warm, but this morning I wake up to lots of snow. :crack: It's gonna be a fun drive in to work this morning!

And I agree with the others - it's never too early for Doritos! :D

UberBeaver said:
She's at home with the wife, and probably being all quiet and cute. When I get home, though, the witching hour(s) begin. She doesn't like me. :sad:

It's not your fault they're just grumpy in the evening. Put her in a warm bath every evening, she may cry at first then she'll love it.

redkat said:

It's not your fault they're just grumpy in the evening. Put her in a warm bath every evening, she may cry at first then she'll love it.

Well, once my wife comes and takes her, the crying magically stops. :mad: So that's why I think it's me. I've learned that the kid loves noise, but hates the TV. She hates when we are on the computer too. And once she begins expressing the hate, she doesn't stop.

It's kind of scary cause you can get real frustrasted. And when I get frustrated I get mad. But I know better than to start yelling, cause that will just make it worse. And I think she can sense my frustration which makes her worse. I have to push to get all Zen and chill the fuck out. Good thing I'm on this New Testmament kick. :D

Beav, I have a neice that was 3 before she decided who she liked in the family. Most of the time is wasn't even mommy, it was an aunt :huh: and hardly ever daddy.
She'll get used to you :hug:

It's really coming down now, this grainy snow! :combust: Too bad the board of education didn't have the foresight to cancel schools, so I'll have to go out in it later to pick up Sarah. :mad:

April :hug: My mom's doing well, thanks. Her recovery from the surgery has been amazing. We saw the internalist that treated her cardiac complications yesterday, and got some of her medication issues straightened out. It'll just take a few more weeks and a few more tests to make sure she's going to be stable on them. :)

I woke up to the news this morning that I'm not a millionaire. :angry:

VintagePunk said:
It's really coming down now, this grainy snow! :combust: Too bad the board of education didn't have the foresight to cancel schools, so I'll have to go out in it later to pick up Sarah. :mad:

April :hug: My mom's doing well, thanks. Her recovery from the surgery has been amazing. We saw the internalist that treated her cardiac complications yesterday, and got some of her medication issues straightened out. It'll just take a few more weeks and a few more tests to make sure she's going to be stable on them. :)

That's awesome about your mom. :up:

It's really dark out now, and I'm sure it's going to start raining soon, but I really want to go out and buy a tote for my knitting - they have cool ones at Target with Blondie and The Rolling Stones logo on them. :hmm:

Still feeling sniffly though, and I'm getting my haircut later on tonight so I'll probably wait.

VintagePunk said:

Same here. :angry:

Plus, I forgot about a co-workers birthday. :huh: I'm in charge of our department's birthday celebrations, so I'm feeling pretty stupid. Thankfully we've managed to pull together something good, but I still feel bad about forgetting.

Got a call from Sarah about 45 minutes ago that schools were shut down, so I had to go pick her up. It's normally a 5 minute drive there. I just got back. It's brutal out there. :yikes:

Damned school board. :madwife:

Thora, glad the celebration got pulled together. That must be hard, keeping track of everyone!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Are you trying to torment me because I'm fasting? :sad:

Is it getting really icy, VP? I don't know how bad it's getting here, but it's raining/snowing, so I'm guessing not too pleasant.

So far it's mostly just wet/grainy snow, but it's really slippery, poor visibility and traffic is bad, with everyone rushing around to get their kids..I'm sure lots of other things will be losing down soon, too. :yikes: The freezing rain is supposed to start here later this afternoon/evening.

Hi RR :wave:

VintagePunk said:
Thora, glad the celebration got pulled together. That must be hard, keeping track of everyone!

There's only 10 of us, so it is really lame that I forgot! :lol: I've set up reminders for myself now, so it won't happen again.

We don't do a huge party, but we have cake and drinks, and the birthday person has to wear a feather boa and a tiara all day. It's especially funny when it's a guy's birthday! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom