The Temple Bar - Smokin' Hot and Doozerlicious! - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2007, 02:57 AM   #421
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:16 AM
I think she's a mature kid for understanding. She's an all-star either way!

Wish her luck for me for tomorrow, and, hopefully, Saturday. Hope she feels better, soon. I bet she will.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:57 AM   #422
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:16 PM
Night Thora fellow not millionaire!

Old 03-02-2007, 03:01 AM   #423
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
I think she's a mature kid for understanding. She's an all-star either way!

Wish her luck for me for tomorrow, and, hopefully, Saturday. Hope she feels better, soon. I bet she will.
I think she realizes they all deserve to be an "all-star", and it had to be really tough for my husband to choose. Some of the other teams only get to pick 2 girls. Someone wanted to take one of our picks! Hell no! We have two 8th grade girls that are really tall - hubby calls them the twin towers There's another one who's tall too, and just an all around good player, gets most of our rebounds, etc. And the 3 point guards are great and fast, so... Maybe someone won't be able to make the game, and Maddy can be called up

And thanks for the well wishes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed
Old 03-02-2007, 03:01 AM   #424
ONE
love, blood, life

Lila - not having met her, but having seen you both post, I'm pretty sure she knows that some things come like that unfotunately. You have given her a lot of opportunities this year, I'm sure she recognizes what's what. If not I'll tell her when I take the remote control away from her as I'm sleeping on your couch!
Old 03-02-2007, 03:06 AM   #425
Blue Crack Supplier

Snow, I did meet her, and she's a smart little girl, with her head screwed on straight.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:07 AM   #426
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by snowbunny00774
Lila - not having met her, but having seen you both post, I'm pretty sure she knows that some things come like that unfotunately. You have given her a lot of opportunities this year, I'm sure she recognizes what's what. If not I'll tell her when I take the remote control away from her as I'm sleeping on your couch!
Yeah, she's a pretty smart kid, and has been very fortunate this past year, that's for sure (where's MY picture with Bono, huh?)

And you'll have to pry that remote from my dead hand woman!

Make sure to bring the &

And thanks NSW. Makes me feel like I'm doing something right
Old 03-02-2007, 03:11 AM   #427
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64

Yeah, she's a pretty smart kid, and has been very fortunate this past year, that's for sure (where's MY picture with Bono, huh?)

And you'll have to pry that remote from my dead hand woman!

Make sure to bring the &

And thanks NSW. Makes me feel like I'm doing something right
No thanks needed. If she were some snot nosed brat, I'd say nothing....I'm just being honest, nothing more. Lila, something hit me like a ton of bricks today, out of nowhere. I think I totally forgot to tell you a funny little story from Hawaii that occurred just before I met you guys for dinner. I thought you were waiting in front of the int'l market, not a few blocks away, as you might recall. Anyway, a woman, with a kid Maddy's age, was standing in front of the market with 2 guys and a woman. I was sure it was you and some other interlanders, so I walked up and said "Lila?" and got a very strange look, and then a not so necessary "ummmm, no". So, I was nervous enough before that went down, after that I was ready to dive into the Pacific. Amazing I called you and still met you guys.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:17 AM   #428
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

I thought you were waiting in front of the int'l market, not a few blocks away, as you might recall. Anyway, a woman, with a kid Maddy's age, was standing in front of the market with 2 guys and a woman. I was sure it was you and some other interlanders, so I walked up and said "Lila?" and got a very strange look, and then a not so necessary "ummmm, no". So, I was nervous enough before that went down, after that I was ready to dive into the Pacific. Amazing I called you and still met you guys.

Lila - You better believe I'll bring the wine

You guys remind me very much of my own mom and myself at that age. She is a VERY lucky girl

Although it's nice being able to talk about my lack of things when she's not here *this should be a footnote but I hit the wrong reply thing so it's not.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:19 AM   #429
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

No thanks needed. If she were some snot nosed brat, I'd say nothing....I'm just being honest, nothing more. Lila, something hit me like a ton of bricks today, out of nowhere. I think I totally forgot to tell you a funny little story from Hawaii that occurred just before I met you guys for dinner. I thought you were waiting in front of the int'l market, not a few blocks away, as you might recall. Anyway, a woman, with a kid Maddy's age, was standing in front of the market with 2 guys and a woman. I was sure it was you and some other interlanders, so I walked up and said "Lila?" and got a very strange look, and then a not so necessary "ummmm, no". So, I was nervous enough before that went down, after that I was ready to dive into the Pacific. Amazing I called you and still met you guys.
You never told me that story, LOL. I think the international market was several blocks long, wasn't it? I don't think I ever made it that far. And we were all standing together looking all around and yakking. And it was hard to hear anything on the cell phone. And I have no idea why you'd be nervous, but then again... maybe I do. I'm REALLY glad you came to meet us. It was something on my list of things to do in Hawaii, and I'm glad we did Maybe it will make other Interference meetings easier for you. I'm just jealous of all of you going to NY!!!
Wish it were me. I'll just be here, posting away, waiting for the next medical test, etc.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:19 AM   #430
Blue Crack Supplier

Time to split. Lila, Snow, enjoy the remainder of the evening and have a good day tomorrow.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:19 AM   #431
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

You guys remind me very much of my own mom and myself at that age. She is a VERY lucky girl

Although it's nice being able to talk about my lack of things when she's not here *this should be a footnote but I hit the wrong reply thing so it's not.
ETA: we didn't have the internet, or cool bands in common (c'mon, Englebert Humperdink WTF), but otherwise, it's pretty similar!!

She took me to see Michael Jackson and lined up all night to get me George Michael tix - which the bastard cancelled because he needed vocal chord surgery!!
Old 03-02-2007, 03:21 AM   #432
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

Yeah, she understands it's an "adult" thread AND a bar, so... , and everyone just wants to be comfortable and talk, flirt, bullshit, whatever without worrying about a kid wandering it. No worries.

Maybe you'll need this for later
Old 03-02-2007, 03:21 AM   #433
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Maybe it will make other Interference meetings easier for you. I'm just jealous of all of you going to NY!!!
You should be :nahnahnanahnah:

Quote:
Time to split. Lila, Snow, enjoy the remainder of the evening and have a good day tomorrow.

goodnight
Old 03-02-2007, 03:23 AM   #434
Blue Crack Distributor

Goodnight NSW, sleep well

Engelbert?
Did I ever mention my dad had to take me to see Earth Wind & Fire at the Forum when I was 14? My friend from the record store was supposed to attend, but she hadn't gotten back from her trip down south. But other than that, the folks are not musically knowledgeable. Mom didn't recognize Bono from the pic of Maddy & Bono, but my Dad kinda did, as did my mother-in-law
Old 03-02-2007, 03:29 AM   #435
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Goodnight NSW, sleep well

Engelbert?
Did I ever mention my dad had to take me to see Earth Wind & Fire at the Forum when I was 14? My friend from the record store was supposed to attend, but she hadn't gotten back from her trip down south. But other than that, the folks are not musically knowledgeable. Mom didn't recognize Bono from the pic of Maddy & Bono, but my Dad kinda did, as did my mother-in-law
LOL!!

I just heard a huge thump outside my window and now I can hear drops

At least I know it's not a whole tree worth like last time. I'm afraid to look :scared:

Yes, my mom said that girls liked either Tom Jones or Engelbert, and she was an Engelbert girl

Funny though, I've grown up to be a Tom girl and have made her come with me twice to see him so it looks like I'm taking my mother and doing it out of the goodness of my heart!

That's funny about your mom & Bono

Another loud thump outside - I'll be right back