The Temple Bar - SF Here We Come...UYFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The plan here was to go ahead with rebuilding on the current site, the work was supposed to start in June. Everything was in place for them to start, then the school board held a series of secret meetings, and reversed their decision. They were just elected last fall, most of them on the basis of their stance with regard to the issue (they wanted to rebuild on the same site)...then they did a complete 180, and changed their minds. It's an emotional issue around here...it's the oldest high school in the city, a lot of attachment to it, it's a heritage building, and there are many, many reasons why its current location is good for both the school and the city in general. The walk out was huge news, she was on tv and interviewed by our newspaper on several occasions.

Zootlesque said:
No I saw a different one that's more like a complete stereo boombox + record player. See link a few posts back.

But I'm looking for something like what you posted or something I posted in my last post. All I need is a record player and maybe cassette deck. Don't need 3 CD changer and all that fancy jazz with it.

Zoot, chances are that any turntable you get with a built in speaker, it's going to sound like crap. :( I'd go the turntable route, even if there is some inconvenience re: hooking it up to a receiver and speakers. Although with that few albums, unless you're planning on collecting more, sound might not be a huge issue for you. :shrug:

VintagePunk said:
Zoot, chances are that any turntable you get with a built in speaker, it's going to sound like crap. :( I'd go the turntable route, even if there is some inconvenience re: hooking it up to a receiver and speakers.

Oh man! Are you saying those brand spankin new looking Crosley players have poor speakers? :(

I could get a turntable and hook it to my stereo speaker. :hmm:

Zootlesque said:

Oh man! Are you saying those brand spankin new looking Crosley players have poor speakers? :(

I could get a turntable and hook it to my stereo speaker. :hmm:

I'm not sure, you'd have to listen for yourself and see, but I think it's safe to say that in general, if you have a decent system, your own speakers are going to be superior to anything that's built in, unless you're paying a fortune for it.

:hmm: why don't you post a thread in Vorsprungnlkjilsener asking for opinions?

Last edited:
Wow! None of the animated smileys are moving anymore. My C drive must be very low on space or something.

Sarah and I just maneuvered and managed to navigate the back of the system, and plugged in the turntable. :hyper:

First, we're gonna listen to Don't Stop Believing by Journey. :lame: :lol:

VintagePunk said:
April :wave: How's your weekend been?

VP!!! *tackles* :hug: How are you? Get a turntable this weekend? :hyper:

It's been busy and good - leaving for a cookout in a few minutes (apparently setup dude #2 of the summer is going to be there :uhoh: :help: ). My mom and I had a good day together yesterday doing the citywide garage sale and going to Miller's bar after for dinner. :drool: They have the best bar burgers anywhere. :drool: Lazy night last night and then today I didn't do much except head up to Borders and reserved my copy of HP for pickup for next Monday. :nerd: I got stickers "Trust Snape" or "Don't Believe Snape" :lol:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

VP!!! *tackles* :hug: How are you? Get a turntable this weekend? :hyper:

It's been busy and good - leaving for a cookout in a few minutes (apparently setup dude #2 of the summer is going to be there :uhoh: :help: ). My mom and I had a good day together yesterday doing the citywide garage sale and going to Miller's bar after for dinner. :drool: They have the best bar burgers anywhere. Lazy night last night and then today I didn't do much except head up to Borders and reserved my copy of HP for pickup for next Monday. :nerd: I got stickers "Trust Snape" or "Don't Believe Snape" :lol:

Sounds like fun! :) I'll need a full report tonight, of course. ;)

Sarah would kill for those stickers. :lol:

We've had the turntable for a couple of years now, just hooked it up again, it's really inconvenient because we have to unplug the dvr to use it.

I've spent the weekend hanging out, trying to snap out of it...sleeping a lot, running a few errands. Meh.

VintagePunk said:

Sounds like fun! :) I'll need a full report tonight, of course. ;)

Sarah would kill for those stickers. :lol:

We've had the turntable for a couple of years now, just hooked it up again, it's really inconvenient because we have to unplug the dvr to use it.

I've spent the weekend hanging out, trying to snap out of it...sleeping a lot, running a few errands. Meh.

Doubt there will be anything to report but will do! lol

PM's on the way re: other things. :shh:

Back
Top Bottom